Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

Awesome pics, ff95gj!

The stripe does look white to me too. I think I have the right blue hue to make it a Diamond Force bird if it does turn out to be white on the final product.

. . . Or I could try pulling off a minor custom scheme again! :ph34r:

So not sure if this was asked earlier but, are the missiles gonna be removeable from the leg armor?

I have a feeling they want us to buy this version (white stripes) then later down the road they will release a repaint (light blue stripes aka Diamond Force)?

Gamlin's VF-17S was marketed and listed as: "Macross 7 1/60 Complete Transformation VF-17S Diamond force Type" on the web shops like Amiami

Currently the VF-17D has been listed as: "Macross 7 1/60 Complete Transformation VF-17D with Super Pack" I could be very wrong though.

As far as the missiles go I'm not sure if they are removable or not. Would be a nice gimmick though, as long as they stayed in there securely.

I would also hope that they would one day release the fast packs seperately, but it always seems like they are scarce once they go out of stock, kinda like the VF-1 fast packs. I had to wait over a year just to get all the SSP's for my DYRL? Skull squadron. Regardless I put in a pre-order already :D

Graham do you know any of the details?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B008CJ3ON6/

Released on october

PREORDERED!

This going to be my 3rd vf from yamato macross 7 series

I love the head on this one..much better than frankenstein head...

It looks a lot closer to vf171 nightmare alto costum from bandai! They will look nice together!

The white strips gives more serious vibe...love it

Edited by moncikoma

To be honest, in animation the 17S head looks bad but on the toy the "Frankenstein" head actually looks really bad-ass.

I actually agree, I thought I would hate it until it arrived. I actually think it looks sick now. :)

While I am a big fan of Yamato products, frankly speaking I do not like the B mode of VF-17S very much.

I am leaving it in F mode.

On the contrary, I am quite excited about the VF-171 B mode. Wait until I actually hold it in my hands!

To be honest, in animation the 17S head looks bad but on the toy the "Frankenstein" head actually looks really bad-ass.

I actually agree, I thought I would hate it until it arrived. I actually think it looks sick now. :)

I wasn't for the S head at all at first but it really does look a lot better when you have it in hand.

I agree, but at least you have peace of mind in their customer service if something goes wrong with the Valk.

Yup, ever since my VF-19S self destructing and having no honest way to get a replacement part, I'm only getting things from HLJ from now on for the peace of mind even if they may be more expensive than some other stores. In the end, the extra money spent getting it from HLJ and being able to get a replacement part would have been well worth the price instead of now being stuck with a ~$300 piece of broken junk.

Yup, ever since my VF-19S self destructing and having no honest way to get a replacement part, I'm only getting things from HLJ from now on for the peace of mind even if they may be more expensive than some other stores. In the end, the extra money spent getting it from HLJ and being able to get a replacement part would have been well worth the price instead of now being stuck with a ~$300 piece of broken junk.

Do you have any friends in Japan? If not there may be a member here willing to help that does live in Japan. You could have said person contact Yamato and see if they can get you the replacement.

Well I am glad I checked this thread out, cause I just saw on someones post that the VF-1D w parts is available for Pre-order that I checked out HLJ to see if it's true, sadly their new look is confusing I must say I prefer the old and easy style style. But I did manage to pre-order both the VF-17D and VF-19F. TheF will be released in Aug and the 17D in Oct after my 46th birthday aaaack :blink: I mean 36th birthday.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Well I am glad I checked this thread out, cause I just saw on someones post that the VF-1D w parts is available for Pre-order that I checked out HLJ to see if it's true, sadly their new look is confusing I must say I prefer the old and easy style style. But I did manage to pre-order both the VF-17D and VF-19F. TheF will be released in Aug and the 17D in Oct after my 46th birthday aaaack :blink: I mean 36th birthday.

What's the new look and what's the old and easy style style?

Hey MacrossJunkie how often did you transform your 19 before it broke?

Maybe about 5 complete transformations from fighter to battroid while stickering mine and panel lining and taking photos, then left it in battroid mode for months.

Quite frankly, I'm appalled at what Yamato thought would be a good way to attach the leg. One fragile looking plastic peg with a tiny screw in it to hold the weight of the valk up plus endure the stress of movement from transformations and posing. I'm surprised the other leg didn't fall off too or that it hasn't happened to other people. However, the plastic peg on the other leg looked completely fine so I'm guessing the right leg had some faulty plastic that just degraded and crumbled.

Fortunately the 17S I recently acquired has metal bars holding which the legs are attached to so I don't expect them to just fall off over time. There seems to be a great deal more use of metal in key joints, which makes me more confident about it.

Sounds kind of similar to the way some people had a leg on their SV-51 just snap.. not a wide-spread issue, but nearly catastrophic for the person it happens to.

I would imagine there might still be a way to fix it though. You might not get as much posability out of the joint, but it might hold the leg on at least.

especially when that toy happens to be expensive. I had no problem with 19S so far I just recently transformed it from gerwalk mode and into battroid mode after it spents some months on the stand in fighter mode.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Yeah, and what really sucks is all I need is a tiny little replacement piece to make it good as new, but there's no way for me to get it.

I'd be willing to pay for all the costs in acquiring and shipping it, but it's neither Yamato's or AmiAmi's policy to support customers outside of Japan.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I'd blame HG's stranglehold on the International Macross licence for all the inconvinience related with obtaining support for broken/defective toys from both Yamato and Bandai... HLJ is a unique case in that they do try to make good on their sales regardless of the legal limitations. If only HG would partner with the Japanese companies producing the real high end Macross products, and strike a deal with BW, so as to import and support them (the Beagle produced/ Toynami released MPC Ride Armors/Cyclones ,dito for the Megahouse 1/15 ones, prove this could be done), through Toynami if necessary, instead of being an endless source of frustration to all Macross fans outside of Japan and China, they could make a mint and gain for themselves a level of respect and gratitude... as oposed to the current disdain they've worked so hard to earn.

Anyway, back on topic. While I was looking for ideas for sticker placement on the 17, I found it interesting that while Kawamori took inspiration from the F-117 Nighthawk, Yamato did the same with some of their stickers as well.

Unfortunately, some of the red wording doesn't show up well against the black plastic.

post-10222-0-06489500-1341425970_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-74028100-1341425927_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-45691400-1341425946_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-54997900-1341425928_thumb.jpg

Anyway, back on topic. While I was looking for ideas for sticker placement on the 17, I found it interesting that while Kawamori took inspiration from the F-117 Nighthawk, Yamato did the same with some of their stickers as well.

Unfortunately, some of the red wording doesn't show up well against the black plastic.

post-10222-0-06489500-1341425970_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-74028100-1341425927_thumb.jpg

post-10222-0-45691400-1341425946_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-54997900-1341425928_thumb.jpg

Is this your 17 stickered up semi-real world style? Can you take more pics in all three modes? I've been considering doing this but wasn't sure how it would look.

Is this your 17 stickered up semi-real world style? Can you take more pics in all three modes? I've been considering doing this but wasn't sure how it would look.

I have pics of it in this thread. I'm currently in the process of putting a flat coat on it so that it has more of a dull finish like the real world 117 and will be adding a little more weathering to it as well.

I wonder if they'll do a 17D release sans Super Packs. I dig the B&W scheme, accurate or not. My love for the 17 design in general has grown quite a bit recently. I'd like to have one in my collection.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I'd say probably the biggest thing you missed, and that I don't like about the 17, is the fact that the backpack in Gerwalk isn't as secure as the 171 and tends to droop though the swing bar is also kinda crap IMO. I'd also have mentioned that the pins on the swappable wings on the 171 can be a pain in the ass if you get a loose pair. Also, pulling the hands out of the housings on the 171 can be a huge problem. My hands tend to pop off easy and I had a hell of a time getting the attachment to lock properly for Gerwalk/Battroid. I wound up having to fish it out with something else, lock it at the wrist, then reattach the hand. Overall Yamato's is worse... but they were always fighting an uphill battle attempting to make any of the Valks from 7, which are probably THE MOST dis-proportioned of all the Macross Valks versus MacF and Bandai honestly having it easier because they've already got a relatively useful/useable 3D model that doesn't take on crazy proportions between scenes/shots.

I actually omitted the part of the video which talked about the Gerwalk backpacks. :p

I also talked about the wing pins in my VF-171 review....ya I didn't like em at first.

One of the hands actually popped off yesterday....and it took about five minutes to get it back on the sliding rail. <_<

You definitely need a multi-purpose tool when transforming these VF's.