Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

What are you talking about

this is Diamond Force. They even mention it's a companion piece to the VF-17S Diamond Force use toy.

Quoted from Macross Mecha Manual:

"The blue colors also became standard marking for members of Diamond Force and as such Docker, Physica, Dick and Morry all piloted VF-17D variable fighters painted with blue highlights."

So are the stripes in the new pictures light blue? They look mighty white to me. Maybe these are not the final colors though, we do have until Oct to find out.

It's not like I am not buying it or anything, I decided I will get one initially and see what happens.

Does OtaCute lock in the price in US$ when you pre order?

Also, via otacute, there's is almost a $82 price difference between the VF-17D and the VF-19F. Why is there such a large difference in price between the two other than fast packs? The VF-17 is on its second production run on that mold and the VF-19 is on its third run.

I wish HLJ's price was closer to AmiAmi and Hobby Search, but I guess that's the price to pay for peace of mind if something goes wrong with these releases. Has anyone ever had experience with AmiAmi or Hobby Search's customer service? Are they as good as HLJ when it comes to replacement parts or item exchange?

Edited by Old Man

Awesome pics, ff95gj!

The stripe does look white to me too. I think I have the right blue hue to make it a Diamond Force bird if it does turn out to be white on the final product.

. . . Or I could try pulling off a minor custom scheme again! :ph34r:

So not sure if this was asked earlier but, are the missiles gonna be removeable from the leg armor?

I wish HLJ's price was closer to AmiAmi and Hobby Search, but I guess that's the price to pay for peace of mind if something goes wrong with these releases. Has anyone ever had experience with AmiAmi or Hobby Search's customer service? Are they as good as HLJ when it comes to replacement parts or item exchange?

HS and AA are great, never had to replace anything though, but canceling quantities or existing orders aren't as easy as HLJ. You shouldn't have any problems with their service, I've been ordering all my recent valks from their due to the better pricing - every little bit helps!

Has it been announced if the fast packs going to be available separately for the VF-17S?

Sorry if asked before.

I would say considering how rare it is they release something as ubiquitous as VF-1 Fast packs (they pretty much don't anymore) I wouldn't get your hopes up about a separate release for the 17. I'm 99.9% sure you're going to have to buy a D if you want them.

I would say considering how rare it is they release something as ubiquitous as VF-1 Fast packs (they pretty much don't anymore) I wouldn't get your hopes up about a separate release for the 17. I'm 99.9% sure you're going to have to buy a D if you want them.

Graham? Any hint about this?

Points are eligible if they're from orders placed on their new system (after December 20).

It doesn't matter if you've ordered them, they need to be in stock, and (IIRC) it has to be 17 days after you've paid.