Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

Personally, aside from the obvious placement of the Diamond Force insignia and the UN Spacy kites, I took some inspiration from actual F-117's, which is where some of those stickers were derived from or taken straight off of.

In addition, I looked at the scant few pics that can be seen of the VF-17 from the master file books for further reference.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Love my 17s, paid 150-ish shipped on eBay. Great example of the peak of Yamato engineering; metal ankles and great articulated hands. Didn't like the ton of stickers at first, but after seeing examples of other schemes, it inspired me to do mine. I'll post it up when I'm done.

It's funny though the reg 17D vs super set is like $16 difference. And my bad. The 17S was $120-ish. Was thinking of getting that and the super parts. Would've saved $100 bucks vs the D. I don't mind the looks and color differences.

Edited by wmkjr

• 8 months later...

transformation has taken me 2 hours....

Size is much bigger than Bandai's 171... which brand is not serious in scale?

DSC_0007.jpg

It is pretty intricate for how beefy it is, isn't it? I know in-universe the 171 was intended to be a more streamlined version of the 17. That accounts for some of the size difference. They are both 1/60-ish.

Yamato's 17, 19, 21/22 series do not scale properly in battroid mode. They're either too tall or too short when placed side by side with each other or their other 1/60 valks like the VF-1. In fighter mode, they look okay together.

Ever since the YF-29, Bandai's 1/60-ish valks all scale almost perfectly well with each other in all modes.

Edited by ArchieNov

Yamato's 17, 19, 21/22 series do not scale properly in battroid mode. They're either too tall or too short when placed side by side with each other or their other 1/60 valks like the VF-1. In fighter mode, they look okay together.

Ever since the YF-29, Bandai's 1/60-ish valks all scale almost perfectly well with each other in all modes.

Wait, what?

Since when any other valks supposed to be the same height as the VF-1 in battroid mode?