Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

Well, on second thought, that would actually be more trouble than I was thinking. I'd need to repaint a lot more of the shoulder, since it's not all black.

Aside from that though, a Fire Valk repainted with white stripes would look pretty awesome.

I still will probably tweak some photos later though. I'll post them in the 19 thread though, this is getting away from the 17 :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, on second thought, that would actually be more trouble than I was thinking. I'd need to repaint a lot more of the shoulder, since it's not all black.

Aside from that though, a Fire Valk repainted with white stripes would look pretty awesome.

I still will probably tweak some photos later though. I'll post them in the 19 thread though, this is getting away from the 17 :lol:

Cool, I want to see that.

Back on topic... the 17 seems to be a big favorite with all of my friends eight to eleven year old boys. Interesting how all of them who want to come look at my collection all seem drawn to the 17's. Anybody have kids/nephews/etc... who have noticed this too?

oh, opened up my vf-17s. bought vf-17s from angolz and super pack from hkc. total about usd270 including shipping.

feels heavy, solid.

-gun side handle has glue stain, became whitish.

-unable to open the cockpit( lift up and open). after 1 hour, i pulled the whole cockpit door and ejection seat out. the plastic rail is so rough, thats why i cant lift it up and open it.

-tried to transform. but the piece right behind the cockpit ( has 2 guns ) unable to lift up ( again, the darn plastic rail is like so darn rough/tight) , i hurt some pointy edge when i brushed them against themselves.

did not manage to transform to battleroid( purpose is to open the cockpit anyway) managed to open the cockpit one time, before the ejection seat ejected.

-super part slots got glued, need to pry it open( took me 30 mins) and the part surface was visually....damaged, but, anyway, managed to get the super part in.

conclusion? should have bought the vf-29 (30th anniversary ) with the same money,sigh. anyway, seems like i have just found my next target then.

the whole drama above took me at least 2 hours of my sunday, darn.

The super tight cockpit and chest piece are well documented around this website. The super part slots, you "pried" them open? You mean like, you pried those plastic rectangles out of the toy? Because they recess inward, you've done it wrong if you've pried them out. My 17S and both of 17D's perform perfectly in that regard.

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question.

I´m in Argentina and I´m trying to get a VF-17S. First of all, thanks to some of you who have already helped me in other post regarding the "price to pay")..

What I´d like to ask now is regarding to durability. How´s this wonderful piece of engineering is aging? Is getting too lose after almost a year and a half of launched?

Personal experiences please?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question.

I´m in Argentina and I´m trying to get a VF-17S. First of all, thanks to some of you who have already helped me in other post regarding the "price to pay")..

What I´d like to ask now is regarding to durability. How´s this wonderful piece of engineering is aging? Is getting too lose after almost a year and a half of launched?

Personal experiences please?

Thanks in advance :)

My VF-17S was great right out of the box but my VF-17D had loose ankles and the cockpit canopy stuck closed and I couldn't open it. I got open just enough to slide in the pilot. I still like them a lot though. Nice heavy feel. I like how it transforms better than the VF-171.

My VF-17S arrived today from angolz and I could play a bit with it and I'm liking it so far. I noticed a very tight canopy, chest plate and front landing gear doors and a loose left arm. So far so good.

The toy as a minor scratch on the underside of the left arm in Battroid-Mode but nothing major.

It is fun to transform I think on par with the VF-19S.

I thought the gap between the backpack and the back of the toy would bug the hell out of me but in person it is a minor nuisance.

It looks massive in Battroid-Mode so I fear my biggest con of the toy (that it does not blend in well with the Excalibur) will still be present. However I didn't hat the chance to compare them together because I'm rearranging my cabinets at the moment.

It is a great toy even and I will probably try tor sticker it with the markings it had in the show if I can trim them so they don't dive me crazy when I look at the toy.

Another downside of the toy is that I'm now crave for a VF-22S Max Type. :wacko:

I'm eagerly awaiting the VF-171CF so I can compare them both.

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...

I just found someone on eBay selling the FAST packs for $80 shipped. (I hope y'all don't think I got taken... I didn't really shop around, so I made an impulse buy.) I wanted a set for my S.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271200132943?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Now it's a race to see which will arrive first - these FAST packs, or my VF-171. And now I'm going to want the armor for it too... Ah well.

Can anyone guide me on how to fix the loose ball joint hip?

The transformation of the hip for the metal from inverted V to V. I took so long swinging the hip. I ended up wear off the ball joint.

I saw anymoon can let the figure stand on one leg. But i cant even make it stand properly on two leg.its so loose.

Ok. I gotta admit this should be the most challenging figure for me. High price and pointy edge. Sigh

How do i fix the loose ball joint? Nail polish? Double side tape? Possible to remove the leg from the hip to apply the nail polish?

Thats because the plastic rail is too tight. I was not satisfied with this i ended up prying the cockpit screen and ejector seat out . Lol

My VF-17S was great right out of the box but my VF-17D had loose ankles and the cockpit canopy stuck closed and I couldn't open it. I got open just enough to slide in the pilot. I still like them a lot though. Nice heavy feel. I like how it transforms better than the VF-171.

• 1 month later...

Hi ! I´ve recieved my VF-17S yesterday....

It´s amazing... truly amazing. No QC problems at all. And it´s quite beautiful too...

So, what can I say?. Besides almost losing a couple of fingers, transformation went prety well. The legs are firm, but in a good way. The canopy doesn´t have any problems.... well. I love it. I just love it...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again :). My VF-17S canopy broke. The same spot that Graham broke in his VF-17D.

The plastic hinge that pivots the canopy open. Fortunately I find the little piece on the floor... quite miraculous btw....

So, if that happens, it´s impossible to fix it without removing the seat. Wich is glued to the floor of the pivoting cockpit. And it was because of the same problem as Graham, too. The sliding piece was somewhat stuck (excuse my caveman english), making it almost impossible to open in Fighter mode.

At least, now it´s fixed, and a little more glued than before. Hats off to the late Yamato for all the engineering of that Valkyrie. Even with this little inconvenience, I love it so much....

The VF-17S is an awesome valk, congrats on your purchase!!

Many Thanks ! I forgot to mention that the canopy could still be opened w/o any problem. It´s fixed, with glue, not completely glued...

Y gracias Ignacio :). Se complicó conseguirla acá en baires, pero está en la repisa con el resto :D. La pude conseguir, traida por el proxy que les contaba antes, por menos de 2.000 pesos... nada mal :).

Many Thanks ! I forgot to mention that the canopy could still be opened w/o any problem. It´s fixed, with glue, not completely glued...

Y gracias Ignacio :). Se complicó conseguirla acá en baires, pero está en la repisa con el resto :D. La pude conseguir, traida por el proxy que les contaba antes, por menos de 2.000 pesos... nada mal :).

If people knew how much we pay to have our valks delivered to South America and on top of that the high custom taxes (50% of the declared vaue).

Menos de $2000 suena bien! Yo compré mi VF-17S a HK Collectibles por $1.250 (U$S 199 incluido el shipping a dolar oficial de tarjeta de crédito, $6,32) Y no pasó por aduana!!!

If people knew how much we pay to have our valks delivered to South America and on top of that the high custom taxes (50% of the declared vaue).

So very true, my friend.... (1700 final en la puerta de casa... si sirve el dato). The HK Collectibles page has some very interesting figures ....

69.90 for a VF-1 Kakizaki TV-Ver is a steal !

Well, back on topic.... take care with the canopy....

So very true, my friend.... (1700 final en la puerta de casa... si sirve el dato). The HK Collectibles page has some very interesting figures ....

69.90 for a VF-1 Kakizaki TV-Ver is a steal !

Well, back on topic.... take care with the canopy....

Am from chile...so i know what you talkinh about(30% tax).....but almost all of my valk arrive directly to my home, no custom.

On topic....my vf-17s canopy broke too....i have to superglue it.

Am from chile...so i know what you talkinh about(30% tax).....but almost all of my valk arrive directly to my home, no custom.

On topic....my vf-17s canopy broke too....i have to superglue it.

Ohh, sorry to hear that. If you need some advice "in spanish" contact me via PM !

Can anyone guide me on how to fix the loose ball joint hip?

The transformation of the hip for the metal from inverted V to V. I took so long swinging the hip. I ended up wear off the ball joint.

I saw anymoon can let the figure stand on one leg. But i cant even make it stand properly on two leg.its so loose.

Ok. I gotta admit this should be the most challenging figure for me. High price and pointy edge. Sigh

How do i fix the loose ball joint? Nail polish? Double side tape? Possible to remove the leg from the hip to apply the nail polish?

Thats because the plastic rail is too tight. I was not satisfied with this i ended up prying the cockpit screen and ejector seat out . Lol

Hi guys...;)

Have the same problem with the loose ball joint hip in the VF-17...:(,...could someone help me and explain to me how to get it more tight??...

Thanks in advance,

• 3 months later...

I recently ordered the Super Parts for the VF-17 and since my boxes are all deep down in the storage I'd like to ask a question to someone who has the sticker sheet handy or knows this by heart:

Doest the sticker sheet has stickers for the gray arrows on the shoulder parts?

Here you have a reference picture from the Macross Mecha Manual. It is the one near the slide out guns.

vf-17s-superpack-fighter.gif

Also does someone has some images from the show which show markings on the leg parts?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Scyla