Noboru Ishiguro Passes Away

Tochiro

I remember seeing him at Anime Expo in 2001. He could really work a crowd. Later before he signed my copy of Perfect Memory he was flipping through it and commenting on the pictures and stuff. Only 73? For some reason I thought he was older. I also read that he was very much responsible for the character of Roy.

A small tribute posted by Mari Iijima on Facebook today:

I remember that day just like yesterday. You were watching me perform my songs while smiling softly at the audition in the studio. You were behind the glass window but I already knew in that moment, I was chosen by you to play Minmay. Thank you for the opportunity and love towards me. I've always loved you like a father although we only saw each other a couple of occasions after Macross. I'm thinking of you. Rest in peace and please protect me from heaven. Kisses. Photo - Noboru Ishiguro and Mari at Anime Expo 1999. That was the day I released and debut my very first English album "No Limit". He happened to be there and I was happy to be reunited with him.

まるで昨日の事のようにおぼえています。あなたは、私がピアノを弾き語るのを、ガラスの向こうで柔らかな笑顔と共に見つめていました。あの時、私はすでに、あなたが私をミンメイ役に選んでくれたと感じていました。素晴らしいきっかけと私への愛をありがとうございました。番組終了後は、ほんの数回しかお会いする機会がありませんでしたが、私はあなたの事を、もうひとりのお父さんのように慕いました。あなたの事を想っています。どうか安らかに。そして私の事を、天国から見守っていて下さい。これは、1999年のアニメエキスポでの写真です。その日私は、千数百人の観客の前で、初の英語アルバム、No Limitをデビューさせました。その場に、石黒さんは居合わせて下さりました。素敵な再会に、私は幸せでした。

post-9325-0-10849000-1332340847_thumb.jpg

Rest in peace great director.

Thank you for everything you did for us.

And if one day we meet ,I'd love to shake his hand.

Descanse em paz grande diretor.

Obrigado por tudo que fez por nós.

E se um dia nos encontrarmos, gostaria muito de apertar sua mão.

Edited by Old_Nash

I was blessed and honored and overjoyed to be able to meet Ishiguro-San at an Anime Expo about 10 years ago. He was a warm and friendly and kind gentleman who was easy to approach and very enjoyable to spend a moment with. I am very grateful to have been able to share my gratitude for Macross with him personally and very sorry to hear of his passing. My life, like so many others, has been eternally changed by his contributions.

Not just robots, but all 110 episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes (more if you count side-stories and such). And, of course, Space Battleship Yamato.

I'll forgive him for Tytania though.

*raises his glass full of Jack Daniel's*

To the man who created masterworks that set the standard of his day, and hopefully even today, I raise my glass in thanks, for everything and childhood memories that endure even to this day.

Godspeed.

*drinks the whole glass, then tosses it into the fireplace*

g5go6.jpg

Edited by soul.assassin