No, what I mean is I had heard that in the new movie they were literally aliens, and they were dropping "mutant" from the movie title.

It looks like Mutant was dropped from the title, and yet they are indeed mutants and not aliens, so I don't really get what they're doing.

I think you’re getting mixed up because of this phuktard named Michael Bay. He did say at one point in time that he was dropping the mutant bit, and he was going for something new, and edgy. I forgot what his exact words were, and they were actually stated by him on that steaming pile of crap known as his website, with a bunch of MB fan boys cheering him on and telling him how great he was, but then somewhere down the road, he retracted this words and to the effect that he was only joking or he was misunderstood, or maybe that he never said such a thing. Who the hell knows. Oh, wait, I think I found some of the links:

TMNT are now aliens:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/michael-bay-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-aliens/?hpt=hp_t2

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie,” said Bay as he took the stage to discuss his new vision for the reptilian reboot. “These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

TMNT are now not aliens:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/28/its-the-ooze-michael-bay-confirms-that-the-alien-ninja-turtle-plans-have-been-scrapped/

There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great.

Anyway, Shredder is no longer Oroku Saki?

Edited by peter

As a fan of the original Eastman and Laird comic - when it came out - I think I no longer care about the 'modern' takes on TMNT. Having said this, the trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I don't know what to think...

They reversed that change awhile ago.

They DID drop it at one point though and aliens was being thrown around.

Ah I see I remember reading that awhile back, I'll admit I didn't even look at the actual logo, for months it was labeled as The Ninja Turtles.

Why are there burly army guys in this trailer? I know nothing Michael Bay does will make my like this movie. But Humvees? Really? *sigh*

Because Bay is in love with the military, and the military doesn't mind the free publicity. Bay's TF movies got full military manpower and logistics support because "he makes them look good in the movies." Many of the soldiers you see in the TF movies were supposedly professional soldiers, not extras.

Whether he's truly a military fanboy or just wants the free extras and props is anyone's guess.

One thing I'm wondering is will Hot Toys make 1/6 Bay Turtles? Would anyone be interested in them? Even if I liked one enough to purchase it I wouldn't simply because you CAN"T have just one Turtle, and committing to four Hot Toys is something I have no interest in doing. But I love me some Turtles, and I like their designs more than I thought, all we've seen is crappy shots of crappy toys, I'm wondering if NECA or someone else would put out a decent line of collector's movie Turtles. On a side note, after seeing...something Turtles, I got bit by the nostalgia bug, it had to be cured, so I ordered a line I've been wanting for a while, and since any other Turtles related thread is 5+ years old I decided to post some pics here.

post-12821-0-57323100-1396484198_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-35876400-1396484243_thumb.jpg

One thing I'm wondering is will Hot Toys make 1/6 Bay Turtles?

MGR Raiden totally came out of nowhere, so anything's possible with HT.

And in if you're interested in classic TMNT, I heard Figma (or was it Kaiyodo?) will be releasing the Turtles in their Nickelodeon incarnations soon.

:huh:

BTW, what's with the turtles having only a thumb and an index and middle finger? Coupled with the bandages, Mikey looks like an amputee.

:blink: wth TMNT show have you ever watched where they weren't 3 fingered?

That's all the fingers they're supposed to have...

My bad. I just dug up some old 80's cartoon pics at Google. Although, they had flatter and broader fingers in the cartoon. The movie snapshot makes them look like there's too much extra "space" on the tips of their palms, like they've got a couple of missing ones. Just my opinion.

My bad. I just dug up some old 80's cartoon pics at Google. Although, they had flatter and broader fingers in the cartoon. The movie snapshot makes them look like there's too much extra "space" on the tips of their palms, like they've got a couple of missing ones. Just my opinion.

Nah, that’s a fair point, it does look like the turtles just escaped from a leper colony.

Nah, that’s a fair point, it does look like the turtles just escaped from a leper colony.

I didn't think the look of the turtles were that bad (in my defense, they were just pics of the toys) up until Old Nash posted that link. They didn't look like they had lips on those toys.

BTW, I just watched the trailer, and it was kind of..."meh." Strangely, Mikey's lips don't look that bad in the trailer.

When you watch the trailer, you don't think they look that bad, but you can tell there's just something off about their faces. When you see the link Old_Nash posted, though, you get exactly what's wrong with them and can no longer unsee how horrible they really are.

When you watch the trailer, you don't think they look that bad, but you can tell there's just something off about their faces. When you see the link Old_Nash posted, though, you get exactly what's wrong with them and can no longer unsee how horrible they really are.

That's true. Now I can't help but notice those lips. In that pic, his face looks less like a humanoid turtle and more like a troll.

One thing I'm wondering is will Hot Toys make 1/6 Bay Turtles? Would anyone be interested in them? Even if I liked one enough to purchase it I wouldn't simply because you CAN"T have just one Turtle, and committing to four Hot Toys is something I have no interest in doing. But I love me some Turtles, and I like their designs more than I thought, all we've seen is crappy shots of crappy toys, I'm wondering if NECA or someone else would put out a decent line of collector's movie Turtles. On a side note, after seeing...something Turtles, I got bit by the nostalgia bug, it had to be cured, so I ordered a line I've been wanting for a while, and since any other Turtles related thread is 5+ years old I decided to post some pics here.

attachicon.gif20140402_165732.jpgattachicon.gif20140402_165804.jpg

Leonardo, in particular, looks pretty cool there.

So I got a couple of PMs about these guys, I got my set here:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=PLM11292&mode=retail

I'd suggest getting a set while you can, these initially came out in 2012 and sold out quick then inflated in price, they were re-released but what's out there is all that's left. They're pretty badass, aside from the posibility and storable weapons, I also got these guys for the boxes! Those glorious blister boxes!

post-12821-0-21868700-1396910783_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-66492900-1396910841_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-11704000-1396910900_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-82714300-1396910959_thumb.jpg

The last pic is my attempt at recreating the original Eastman and Laird cover poses.