Wow, Bay's found another 80's franchise already. And he's not even done with the Transformers movies yet.

I'm starting to believe he's the unspoken horseman of the apocalypse. Holding in his hand the self-written scripts of all your favorite childhood TV shows, he seeks to make a mockery of all your favorite childhood TV shows every two years on the 29th of June.

So, what, it's Adult Alien Not-Ninja Lifeforms from Outer Space now?

Good thing I wasn't really into TMNT as a kid. -_-

Edited by GU-11

I don't get what everyone is so mad about. Once you're scraping the bottom of the barrel as hard as Ninja Turtles, there's nowhere to go but up.

Edited by anime52k8

I don't get what everyone is so mad about. Once you're scraping the bottom of the barrel as hard as Ninja Turtles, there's nowhere to go but up.

They have not quite hit rock bottom yet though, I think they need one more movie to get there...

I have no stake in TMNT, never read the comics, didn't care about the movies, and even *I* think changing the origin so they are not mutants is stupid and pointless.

I could care less.

I think you mean, you couldn't care less.

As in, it would not be possible for you to care less about the new Teenage Alien Non-ninja Aliens.

I think you mean, you couldn't care less. As in, it would not be possible for you to care less about the new Teenage Alien Non-ninja Aliens.

Woah, woah, woah, there's no confirmation they're teenagers. I read somewhere that they were from an ancient alien race.........they could be thousands of years old, and just behave like teenagers.....Ancient Immature Alien Non-Ninja Aliens would be better.

Verhoeven? You've obviously missed the point of his movies: satire.

Which is one reason why he shouldn't be put in the same category as Bay: Bay aims for the lowest common denominator to maximize ticket sales. Verhoeven's films, though accessible to the lowest common denominator, still packs in extras for people looking for more than spectacle and big things going boom.

And you also have to love the balls on the guy for not finishing reading the book, Starship Troopers, despite being the director of the movie, because it's, "boring and depressing"!

Woah, woah, woah, there's no confirmation they're teenagers. I read somewhere that they were from an ancient alien race.........they could be thousands of years old, and just behave like teenagers.....Ancient Immature Alien Non-Ninja Aliens would be better.

Don't you mean midlife crisis thrill seeking aliens? Oh god, I hope it doesn't turn out to be some overblown meta commentaries about his/its audience.

So... it's a reboot, retelling, nothing to do with the original.. other than names and martial arts. I'll probably watch this popcorn flick, couldn't care less about the changes.

Atleast a director is willing to do a reboot of a series, unlike some other 80's animated series, that couldn't careless about the fanbase, franchise or whether a movie is in production.

Had a horrible thought where Thundercats becomes Bay's next film, and they'd be renamed Lighting-Aliens and have always lived in the Pyramids, until Shia trips over a rock that frees them. And there would be plenty of monkey scenes and cars exploding while they fight their arch enemy, the robot lizards that have hid on Jupiter waiting for this fight in the streets of New York.

Hope Bay doesn't read this forum, cause I think I gave him an idea there... :(

Edited by Omegablue

What's the point on making this movie?

Money? He seems to have an uncanny ability to produce critically reviled reboots and bring in a larger crowd to the theater than generally better received shows.

He's basically become the golden boy of Hollywood producers after what he did to for Transformers. They're bound to beg him to get involved in any other 80's show in hopes that it's make at least as much money as the TF franchise.

Edited by GU-11

I think you mean, you couldn't care less.

As in, it would not be possible for you to care less about the new Teenage Alien Non-ninja Aliens.

No I could care less about what happens. due to the fact that everyone jumps on the lets hate Bay bandwagon b/c he brought new life to franchise that most forgotten about and as result said franchise has the possibility to produce more new content for fans.

So yeah. I could care less.

I promise to be more true to the source material than Bay would.

Hell, I'd help fund that. I only have vague memories of the original anyway, I'd just love seeing the concept revisited. I could be wrong, but I don't think it ever had nearly as much of a fanbase as TMNT.

Honestly.. I remember exactly 4 things about that series:

1. Space Dinosaurs with awesome spaceships

2. Kids that found out about them and got recruited to help them

3. A flying pink three-wheeled ATV with a tail :blink:

4. The Maltese Pterodactyl. Film noir with space dinosaurs. Awesome. :lol:

DON'T TOUCH IN OUR MACROSS, YOUR CRAZY F****** BIT******!

(I say it for Michael Bay).

Not likely to happen, what with HG guarding the gates, and that's actually a good thing for once.

But with RT...that's a different story. Hell, Bay might actually be HG's best chance so far of getting that LAM of theirs off the ground.

Hell, I'd help fund that. I only have vague memories of the original anyway, I'd just love seeing the concept revisited. I could be wrong, but I don't think it ever had nearly as much of a fanbase as TMNT.

Honestly.. I remember exactly 4 things about that series:

1. Space Dinosaurs with awesome spaceships

2. Kids that found out about them and got recruited to help them

3. A flying pink three-wheeled ATV with a tail :blink:

4. The Maltese Pterodactyl. Film noir with space dinosaurs. Awesome. :lol:

Oh, and the space dinosaurs can revert back to their un-evolved forms when they remove some sort of device they usually wear.

If memory serves me correctly, the leader's name is Allo, and true to his namesake, is a semi-humanoid alosaurus.

Not likely to happen, what with HG guarding the gates, and that's actually a good thing for once.

But with RT...that's a different story. Hell, Bay might actually be HG's best chance so far of getting that LAM of theirs off the ground.

But... Tobey Maguire have a right to make a Robotech movie.

wait.... Transformers + Robotech = Transtech...Oh Hell...

But... Tobey Maguire have a right to make a Robotech movie.

wait.... Transformers + Robotech = Transtech...Oh Hell...

Transtech...now that could either be a discontinued Transformers line of toys, or the name of a cosmetic surgery clinic in Thailand catering to ladyboys. :blink:

Edited by GU-11