I think you don't understand what the term 'overated' means.

Perhaps I do NOT think his performance, his Joker, was "overrated" by ANY means.

Let us just agree to disagree and move on.

And to help keep things on topic.... ^_^

From ComicBookMovie.com

The sequel to the Avengers film has been confirmed to be produced and set for theatrical release sometime in between summer 2014 or summer 2015. One thing we do know so far as confirmed from the post screen credits of the Avengers 2012 film, Thanos, the real leader of the Chitauri will be the main villain in the sequel which also means the Chitauri will be back too. Before that happens, upcoming films Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 will be take place in between the 1st and 2nd films as preps for Phase Two. All that is left is to decide which superhero will serve as the new 7th member of The Avengers.

So far, Andrew Garfield, (who is playing Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man film and its sequel) says he want’s to play Spider-Man in The Avengers sequel. Unfortunately, some people don’t think Marvel will approve Garfield’s request because the Amazing Spider-Man films are being distributed by Columbia which is separate from Disney. But who knows? Maybe they will use Spider-Man as the 7th Avenger as long as it’s just the films that are owned by the company of Columbia and not exactly the character himself.

Also, the 7th avenger will most likely be a female superhero according to Scarlett Johansson’s request for the second avengers movie. After all, her character the Black Widow is the only female member on the team which does make sense that Marvel should use another female superhero for the team. Some of the best known female members of the Avengers are The Wasp, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Quake. However, since there are no Kree or Skrulls in the film, Ms. Marvel won’t have any chance of appearing in the sequel and with Scarlett Witch a mutant from the X-Men universe, there is no chance of her getting involved. So you people out there have two choices of who you think the newest member of the Avengers should be:

Janet van Dyne/The Wasp; a female superhero who has the ability to shrink down to a miniature form and fly like a wasp and shoots bio- electricity. She occasionally shape shifts into a giant like Hank Pym.

Edit: made this less inflammatory

Edited by Oihan

Good find on the future plans for the progression of the story.

In typical Macross World fashion, THE SKY IS FALLING! Continuing tie-ins in the individual movies bad idea if the stories are written so the viewer is forced to see the others.

If the tie-ins are minor "easter eggs" fine but if they do a Matrix 2 and 3.... It will most likely suck more than a vacuum leak.

Edit: I read that they won't do it but I'd like to see CA2 with some WW2 flashbacks to fill the gaps after Stark starts developing the equipment/suit and the final days of Hydra.

Edited by Fly4victory

Good grief...

overrated

dictionary.com:

to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate

Urban Dictonary:

A term used to describe something that gets more hype and credit than it's actually worth. So due to personal opinion and anyone who hates anything that's well known, no matter how brilliant something is, if it gets a lot of media attention then there's always someone who will think it's overrated.

Good grief...

overrated

dictionary.com:

to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate

Urban Dictonary:

A term used to describe something that gets more hype and credit than it's actually worth. So due to personal opinion and anyone who hates anything that's well known, no matter how brilliant something is, if it gets a lot of media attention then there's always someone who will think it's overrated.

...And the whole point of this was...?

My son and I are quite getting into the 'Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes' cartoon. Just finished season 1 and starting on the currently airing season 2.

Nice to see a US cartoon that actually has a multiple plot threads running throught the series, not just stand-alone 'bad guy of the week' episodes.

Graham

Apparently Amazon has slipped the Blu-ray/DVD release date. Amazon Germany is reporting September 13. Other sources are citing September 25. We'll get 3 versions: DVD, 2-disc Bluray combo, and 4-disc Bluray/DVD special edition.

4-disc special edition

* Audio Commentary with Director Joss Whedon

* Marvel One Shot: Item 147

* Second Screen

* Gag Reel

* Deleted Scenes

• Alternate Opening - Maria Hill Interrogation
  • Extended Scene - Loki & Barton Strategize
  • Steve Rogers - Man out of Time
  • Nick Fury & World Security Council
  • Extended Viaduct Fight - Raw Footage
  • Fury & Hill discuss World Securiry Council
  • Extended Scene - Banner & Security Guard
  • Alternate Ending - Maria Hill Interrogation

* Featurettes

• A Visual Journey
  • Assembling the Ultimate Team

* Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" Music Video

DVD:

* Audio Commentary with Director Joss Whedon

* Featurette, 'Assembling the Ultimate Team'

source:

‘The Avengers’ Blu-Ray & DVD Release Date; Box Art Revealed (ScreenRant.com)

Marvel's The Avengers - September 25, 2012 (Blu-ray.com Forums)

So finally got around to seeing this movie and it was a lot of fun. I did feel a bit left in the dark since I hadn't seen the Cap movie or Thor, but I still go the gist of things.

My comic-fu is extremely weak though, could someone fill me in on who the red post credit scene guy is.

I did feel a bit left in the dark since I hadn't seen the Cap movie or Thor, but I still go the gist of things.

Let me sum up the previous two movies...

Cap - I'm a wimp! Now I'm Captain America and I'm Buff!!! Yippeee!!!!

Thor - I'm Moody and stupid, now I'm still stupid and moody but I accept responsability for my moody stupidity...

Avengers was a FAR better film then the other two (yes, I finally went to see it). Although it dragged in the middle, and I still say it went way overboard on the FX it did at least make Thor and Captain America interesting. I guess that just shows that Joss Whedon knows his stuff.

Chewie, if this is correct, WOW! What a way to tie things together and completely in tune with the nature of the individual.

Also the biggest spoiler of all time.

Oh, damn. I didn't even...ugh. SORRY.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some delete scenes have shown up ahead of the Blu-ray/DVD release. Enjoy.

Alternate Opening, ITEM 47 And More Deleted Scenes Emerge From THE AVENGERS (videos removed at request of the studio)

Captain America deleted scene

Alt. opening scene

Alt. ending

Marvel 1-shot, Item 47

I'm glad they cut these scenes from the movie. The alternate opening and endings would have set a bad tone for the movie itself. It would have made the movie feel like a bad idea. The Cap' scene is probably something they should save for a Cap'-movie. It's a very good scene but it would be better in that setting rather than in Avengers but chances are it will not be in the next Cap'-movie. They'll probably redo something like it.

Watched a ripped to give it a second opinion... but nope. It remains a super ballistic comedy for 12 year olds high on sugar. And the whole Coulson thing... so Twilight.

The Rifftrax of this movie will worth it though. :)

Watched a ripped to give it a second opinion... but nope. It remains a super ballistic comedy for 12 year olds high on sugar. And the whole Coulson thing... so Twilight.

The Rifftrax of this movie will worth it though. :)

You know felt the same way about the dark knight rises. But I didn't watch it ripped.. and rifftrax is very overrated.

You know felt the same way about the dark knight rises. But I didn't watch it ripped.. and rifftrax is very overrated.

Watched Avengers in Cinemas first time. Not gonna spend money on a DVD or Blu Ray on a film I was undecided.

You thought Batman was a ballistic comedy 12 year olds... Okay...

You thought Batman was a ballistic comedy 12 year olds... Okay...

Well, I see his point. See, Nolan’s Batman voice cracked up the audience of the cinema I went to and the “ballistic” implications in the movie, like tens of perfectly lined cops charging machine gun equipped professional terrorists in a cramped street is certainly a joke. Lots of kids too on my showing (had to start early if I wanted to see Spidey next and expect to eat dinner). So, technically, your "in-depth" analysis can also apply to Batman... or Ghost Rider: Spitit of Vengance, to name another recent superhero movie. I personally consider Ghost Rider the funniest of the three ;):D

Edited by Twoducks

Like tens of perfectly lined cops charging machine gun equipped professional terrorists in a cramped street is certainly a joke.

And a lot of them did die from the gunfire, just as it's occured many times in our history in pretty much similar set ups. Like recently here in South Africa, a week ago. Narrow streets, people charging at guns, and it's even happened where the armed ones, end up loosing.

I don't know if that scene in TDKR is as bad as an Alien race invading Earth, and in all their thousands they don't think about protecting the only thing keeping the portal open. Oh yes, how further convenient, the mother ship blows up, and they die... Like where's that from???

Then again you live in a country where people release bulls in narrow streets to run away from them, so it's baffling what you consider funny is diffirent to what I consider funny. ;)

And a lot of them did die from the gunfire, just as it's occured many times in our history in pretty much similar set ups. Like recently here in South Africa, a week ago. Narrow streets, people charging at guns, and it's even happened where the armed ones, end up loosing.

I don't know if that scene in TDKR is as bad as an Alien race invading Earth, and in all their thousands they don't think about protecting the only thing keeping the portal open. Oh yes, how further convenient, the mother ship blows up, and they die... Like where's that from???

Then again you live in a country where people release bulls in narrow streets to run away from them, so it's baffling what you consider funny is diffirent to what I consider funny. ;)

- Shoehorn historical and recent events without context to prove point about a super hero movie: check.

- Missing the point and just pick on clichéd trope from movie to defend clichéd trope from other movie: check.

- Throw backhanded national stereotype to diminish others opinion and defend previous "in depth" analysis: check.

Yep, hit a nerve alright. Bye, bye!

Extra Dr. Banner scene:

http://screenrant.com/avengers-deleted-scene-bruce-banner/

Really like the idea but somehow execution feels a bit forced.

Extra Dr. Banner scene:

Really like the idea but somehow execution feels a bit forced.

I'm probably in the minority in saying I'm glad these scenes were cut. As I said above, the Cap' scene was good but didn't fit in with the team aspect of the movie. It's the same with the Banner scene. Great for a individual movie, but it doesn't feel right in a team movie.

If anybody didn't catch them the first time around, they are letting loose some of the deleted scenes as a build-up to the Blu-ray/DVD release.

THE AVENGERS Alternate Opening Blu-ray/DVD Deleted Scene

I'm just glad the cut this out. Absolutely terrible tone to start the movie with.

Latest AVENGERS Deleted Scene Focuses On CAPTAIN AMERICA

This was a great scene, but IMO, doesn't fit with the feel of the rest of the movie. I would like to see a scene like this in the next Cap' movie, but it absolutely doesn't belong in a team movie.