Slightly OT, but: for MW members in NC coastal region - casting call has been put out for extras for upcoming Iron Man 3 movie. "1000 extras needed for filming in Wilmington, NC..."

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=84079

I live too far away--otherwise, I'd be trying to get in on that action. AND trying to figure out how to get in with something with a Macross logo on it to wear... :p

Edited by reddsun1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

they did alot of filming on East 9th. Street in Cleveland last year. there are no bridges like that in the city, so i wonder, either that Pershing Square bridge was filmed elsewhere (presumable, since i dont know where else they filmed) or is the structure CGI?

"I have an army!" "We have a hulk..." Lol, you gotta love RDJ. Loved the I-man shots and can't wait to see him in action...

Looks awesome but I'm really not digging Cap's updated costume. Definitely like the Captain America retro version better.

Me too, been saying that since I first saw a shot of it.

Chris

Me too, been saying that since I first saw a shot of it.

Chris

Blame Whedon for that. He wanted Cap to be dressed more like a superhero than a soldier. I would have preferred something a little less form fitting, non-color matching utility belt, a darker blue, and a more body armored-look.

More banners you might see in theaters:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169475-new-avengers-promo-banners-loki-pic-hulk-figure-and-minimates

• 4 weeks later...

UK Trailer:

And BTW, to avoid any confusion with a certain TV series, the UK-title for the movie is Avengers Assemble. Those of you in the UK should be aware of that.

Those looking for HD:

http://trailers.appl...arvel/avengers/

On the flip side of that, I wonder if there were any worries about the movie being called just "The Avengers" getting associated with the Ralph Fiennes/Uma Thurman movie?

On the flip side of that, I wonder if there were any worries about the movie being called just "The Avengers" getting associated with the Ralph Fiennes/Uma Thurman movie?

That occurred to me too, although less about the movie than the much-loved TV series that inspired it. There might be trademarks or somesuch in the UK involved as well.

Hah... I can remember seeing "The Avengers" in TV listings as a kid, and on tuning in wondering what's with these two Brits and where were Cap and Iron Man? :lol:

Edited by Penguin

I'm confused how do they control the Hulk? It's he the uncontrollable anger of Bruce Banner released? How He is he able to act as part of a team?

To put it in hockey terms... let's say your leading scorer is getting cheap shots with elbows to the head, or crosschecked. That's when you send in the goon/enforcer. His whole role and reason for being in the lineup is to kick the other guys a$$. He's not on the team for his skills with the puck or scoring, but brute force. Eventually he'll tire himself out.

I'm confused how do they control the Hulk? It's he the uncontrollable anger of Bruce Banner released? How He is he able to act as part of a team?

It does look like at one point they lose control of him (the one shot of Black Widow running away from the Hulk).

I've personally given up on all Marvel movies. It's just one slaughtered story after another and it's just depressing. I'll be taking my cribmidget to see it because she loves superheroes but that's the only reason why. I just don't understand why Hollywood takes something that's been working for 50 years and trashes it in the worst way possible. It's like loving the Macross cartoons and going to see the big Hollywood produced movie for the first time and they show you the Southern Cross portion of Robotech.

And why the hell is Nick Fury black?

Edited by Benson13

I think these marvel movies are based on the Marvel Ultimates not the usual Marvel universe. Hence the differences.

I've been a big fan of the marvel universe for a while. And when ever I see a movie adaption of a comic. I always remember that they are trying to sell these to a broader audience then the main stream fans.

I think it's going to be great. But that me.

If I were some random person that hadn't read hundreds of comics growing up then this would most likely be awesome. I'm not familiar with the Marvel Ultimates universe so you got me there. I'm just biased because of my experience with comics. I think that the least they could do in Hollywood is get the characters right. Nick Fury isn't black, Ang wasn't white, etc.

I've personally given up on all Marvel movies. It's just one slaughtered story after another and it's just depressing. I'll be taking my cribmidget to see it because she loves superheroes but that's the only reason why. I just don't understand why Hollywood takes something that's been working for 50 years and trashes it in the worst way possible. It's like loving the Macross cartoons and going to see the big Hollywood produced movie for the first time and they show you the Southern Cross portion of Robotech.

it's because the vast majority of comic books are utter garbage that are only accessible to the ultra-nerd fringe.

Because Samuel L. Jackson > David Hasselhoff

I think that the least they could do in Hollywood is get the characters right. Nick Fury isn't black, Ang wasn't white, etc.

Well, technically a "black" Nick Fury is right...in the Marvel Ultimates-world. And if the characterization of Nick Fury is consistent with his comic-counterpart, then technically, it's "right".

Well damn.........everything I know is wrong. Stupid Marvel Universe. Stupid Google not backing me up.

I remember Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos. Did Marvel do a complete overhaul of everything?

it's because the vast majority of comic books are utter garbage that are only accessible to the ultra-nerd fringe.

Because Samuel L. Jackson > David Hasselhoff

Dude, nothing is better than "The Hoff".

Well damn.........everything I know is wrong. Stupid Marvel Universe. Stupid Google not backing me up.

I remember Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos. Did Marvel do a complete overhaul of everything?

Yes and no. In the normal Marvel Universe (still regularly published), Nick Fury is the same guy who led the Howling Commandos, maintains extraodinary youth and vitality thanks to the Infinity Formula, etc., etc.

When they created the "Marvel Ultimate" offshoot continuity, the artist specifically designed a new Nick Fury based on Sam Jackson (with his permission). The character was active in World War II, but rather than the Infinity Formula he was an unwilling Super Soldier enhancement subject, which slowed his aging (unlike Captain America, who had his aging literally frozen). There's even a moment where he and other characters are chatting about who would play movie versions of themselves, and Nick says "Samuel L. Jackson, of course" (or words to that effect).

The movies take from the Ultimate continuity here and there. For one, they used the Ultimate Nick Fury in the movies (luckily an actor with uncanny resemblance was available), though they discarded the whole super soldier bit. Really, though, most of the Avengers movie-verse is more original Marvel than Ultimate.

Ultimate Nick Fury >>>>>>>> corny nick fury.

150px-Nicholas_DumDum_Transformers.jpg

UltimateNickFury.jpg

Iron Man was injured during the Vietnam War, are you mad Tony Stark is not accurately shown to be almost 80? Originally Superman could not fly only jump long distances, do you rage when you see him fly?

There are hundreds of continuities in the marvel universe. Even in the main earth-616 continuity things are retcon'ed all of the time. All comics have done it since the beginning of comics.