Still pissed about Ed Norton but everyone else looks great. I really like Jeremy Renner for Hawkeye.

Also seems like they have a LOT of faith in how awesome Thor is going to be.

Edited by Chewie

Chewie I`m with you on the Ed Norton snub but I dare say we`ll see more of the hulk than banner to be honest.

I`m still not 100% sold on Chris Evans as Captain America as he likes to play goofing around characters & Steve Rogers/Captain America are FAR from that. Here`s hoping he CAN act the part & god I hope he looks the part too. I am sold on the preview costumes (of Thor & Capt) that were shown awhile ago though.

Have you seen Sunshine? Different that his usual turn in roles. Really let's hope the writing doesn't try to make Cap humorous, Chris can handle more than he's given, he is just casted in those roles because he is good at it.

Not seen Sunshine though I think I will now.

Did enjoy his character in "LOSERS" but again a bit of a goofer in that too. As for "FANTASTIC FOUR", I liked his version of Johnny Storm just HATED the THING, waaaaay to small for my liking & a prime example of wrong actor for the role.

I like Chris Evans also as an actor, but I agree, he doesn't strike me as someone who could play The Cap. I'm kinda disappointed with the last few Marvel choices. After Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk I thought they were finally going to get everything right. But it looks like it's back to the old studio system formula with comic book movies.

@Black Valkyrie, Ed Norton DID want to reprise the role of Banner, Marvel studios cut him out & went with the cheaper option. Ed had even had a meeting with the director & thought it went well. Marvel CLAIM it`s nothing to do with money but it certainly looks that way.

As for the RED Skull, well he`ll be appearing in the upcoming Captain America film & is being played by Australia`s very own Hugo Weaver.

As for Avenger BAD GUY I guess they`ll be keeping that a close guarded secret as it`s got to be something EARTH SHATTERING to bring together EARTHS mightiest Marvel Heroes to band together as theAVENGERS. Or will they be sticking with the ULTIMATE Avengers & having those Aliens?

As pointed out on another forum, when you watch IM2 near the end in the S.H.I.E.L.D. safe house, one of the screens is showing a map of WAKANDA whilst a news report shows the Hulk tearing it up (from the last film). So the Aliens are a plausable possibility though I personally think it`ll be something else (or I hope it is at the very least).

I like Chris Evans also as an actor, but I agree, he doesn't strike me as someone who could play The Cap. I'm kinda disappointed with the last few Marvel choices. After Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk I thought they were finally going to get everything right. But it looks like it's back to the old studio system formula with comic book movies.

We'll find out when Cap comes to theaters in July 2011.

@Black Valkyrie, Ed Norton DID want to reprise the role of Banner, Marvel studios cut him out & went with the cheaper option. Ed had even had a meeting with the director & thought it went well. Marvel CLAIM it`s nothing to do with money but it certainly looks that way.

Robert-Man? Check.

Scarlett-Widow? Check.

Sam-Fury? Check.

Chris-Thor? Check.

Chris-America? Check.

....Jeremy-Hawkeye?....All right...

.................Ed-Hulk? No. This is too much. It's bad enough we have Renner playing Hawkeye. Not paying for another great actor to play the frigging Hulk. Get someone cheaper!

Ruffalo as Banner was a surprise. Just as much as Seth Rogen as Green Hornet was a surprise.

Does anyone have the exact timeline on when each movie is coming out?

Edited by Chowser

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the trailer!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I dunno, the FX look a bit dated.

• 11 months later...

Still pissed about Ed Norton but everyone else looks great. I really like Jeremy Renner for Hawkeye.

Also seems like they have a LOT of faith in how awesome Thor is going to be.

I liked Eric Bana better than Ed Norton.

NEVER!

Haha, he seemed to be able to play a dorky scientist rather well, considering he was a bad-ass Delta operator in BHD...well, matter of opinion I guess :)

The Bana / Ang Lee Hulk was the best in my opinion, an attempt to bring a thoughtful version of the story to the big screen... but for this same reason I can understand why many people disliked it... the Hulk is not supposed to be depicted in a thoughtful manner :p .

I'm digging the Helicarrier but what happenend to the triagle on Iron-man? Wasn't it a big plot point of IM2? Still, that lovechild armor of the MKIV and Warmachine looks nice.

They're concept posters. IIRC, I saw the Mark VI armor on the Captain America-after credits trailer.

I really think the Hulk, Thor and Cap should get one more movie. Everybody knows Tony joined after the second film, and it's a given Cap did to after watching it. Too bad Ed Norton isn't the Hulk. Disney has the rights so paying for these monstrous actors isn't a problem. :rolleyes:

Well the reason Iron Man got two was because the first one was a gamble, after the success they knew to push on with the others but they wanted Iron Man 2 to keep the buzz going while they worked and finish on these. After Iron Man's success they said that Avengers is coming 2012 no matter what, and that was a Marvel move not Disney.

Edited by kanedaestes