HI METAL LOVE THREAD

VFTF1

Damn! That was you? I made an order for it but got back the "item out of stock" email in return lol :(

Sorry :(

But I was thinking about it for a few days and then decided to just take the plunge as it' the only Hi-metal Vf-1 I don't have. Just wish they had made the Milia as well :(

Did you add stickers? Where did you get them from?

extras from my 1/60v.IIs, mostly. the stand, that was culled from the old 1982/'83 original issue ARII 1/100 1S Focker FAST PACK VARIABLE TYPE model kit...

VF-1SFockerSTRIKEHI-METAL1-1008-1-133_zp

VF-1SFockerSTRIKEHI-METAL1-1008-1-131_zp

VF-1SFockerSTRIKEHI-METAL1-1008-1-132_zp

VF-1SFockerSTRIKEHI-METAL1-1008-1-134_zp

VF-1SFockerSTRIKEHI-METAL1-1008-1-135_zp

Edited by Shaorin

in case anyone was wondering; yes, i've "done away" with the "necessity" of the swappable cockpit blast shield for BATTROID on mine.

what i did was to carefully prise away at the inner-side of the forward fuselage/chest hump with an X-ACTO,

thinning it out in there in key spots, allowing the chest panel to come down and in much tighter and cleaner

than was possible with the thicker inner surface, and the swap-out blast shield in proper place

(which is the 1/100 HI-METAL's sole mandatory point of variable parts-forming, but of no small annoyance to me all the same)

i've now got an inaccurate, but much more neat-and-trim BATTROID out of this thing, IMHO,

and i've also whittled away at that swappable blast shield part, getting it thin enough, and of proper general shape, to fit over the canopy in place in BATTROID there.

only real issue left to solve is exactly how to enable the modded shield to somehow clip/slide/etc. into place in BATTROID there and stay put.

not an overly big deal IMHO, as i am actually quite perfectly happy with the shield-less look at present, but an issue i'm working at solving all the same... :)

VF-1SFockerHI-METAL1-1008-5-13_zps50bc41

Edited by Shaorin

What??? Focker's VF-1S needs his Skull chest shield. It's like seeing Superman without the "S" on his chest. :o

Did anyone ever have one of those super deformed Bandai VFs back in the day? Bizarre proportions aside, they had one of the more ingenious methods of integrating the canopy cover with the cockpit -- you just rotated the cockpit to reveal the skull.

What??? Focker's VF-1S needs his Skull chest shield. It's like seeing Superman without the "S" on his chest. :o

perhaps... but the lines of BATTROID chest are so smooth and trim now, and the Valk now benefits from zero parts swapping,

aside from gunpod placement, landing gear deployment and optional parts, all of which are non-integral to transformation.

i just look at the HI-METAL now in the same general light as the old 1/55 chunkies, at least in so far as the nonexstant blast shield is concerned.

on that topic, i did attempt a mod to the HI-METAL's swappable shield,

to enable it to fit into place in the fashion that the 1984 1/55 Hikaru STRIKE DYRL does,

but clearances are so blasted tight with the HI-METAL that it ends up looking really off,

despite the fact that it manages to hold in place well enough and all. too bad, can't have it all, i suppose... :)

Edited by Shaorin

I've been going nuts on the HI-metal stuff lately O_o, but I'm almost done!!

In the last 2 months I've picked up

2 x 1A hikky

2 x 1A max

1 x 1A kakizaki

1 x super parts

4 x Roys

2 x 1J hikky

1 x 1J max

You're probably wondering... 4 roys?!?!

Since the Roys have no yellow arrows on the heads some simple parts swapping and voila, instant 1S Hikky and 1S Max :D

Well.. that's the plan once I get my huge shipment from Rinkya :0

ON the plus side, I can poach the fast packs from the extra Roys to have a fully souped up skull squadron (or Platoon as the kakizaki box says lol)

Edited by Duymon

if you wind up with one too many "scrap" Fockers after you custom work, i might wish to buy one off you, to serve as spare donor for my own...

Edited by Shaorin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...