Aircraft Super Thread Mk.VII

Last I heard the explanation was that it was psychological. Example: "A few pilots experienced this problem so I am experiencing these problems too." Yeah it's just another BS explanation.

How much time and money would have to be spent to replace the system in the Raptor fleet with those used on older aircraft (F-15) that are more reliable? I imagine the DoD has weighed this option at some point or another.

Edited by Shadow

Why the heck was he rocking the plane from side to side like that after taking off? If I was a passenger on board I would have been pretty scared then (I don't mind flying, but get a bit nervous during take off and landing).

Graham

I am new to this thread but I remember this. JAL picked up 2 brand new 787's from The Boeing Factory. No passengers were inside. It was a celebratory thing with people watching. Both planes were rocking when they took off.

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

J-21:

The J-20 looks cooler, and at least isn't a 100% pure copy of something else. It's so close, I wonder if it has problems with the pilot's oxygen system...

So what's the strategy here? Make their planes look so much like US fighters that we won't shoot them down for fear of friendly fire incidents?

So is it Shenyang (21) or Chengdu (20) that drew the short straw?

NO! You can't copy the F-22, create something new for once!

or

NO! We don't pay you to think! Copy this Hasegawa kit of the Raptor!

I _would_ have been extremely happy if they cloned the YF-23 though. Maybe the Italeri kit was out of stock?

Kadena F-15's in HD. If you want to see what a real fight would be like (vs Hollywood/Ace Combat spitting-range) watch this. (and in full-screen) :)

Gawdangit, that was so hardcore I broke my Dragonwings diecast out of the storage drawer to zoom em round the room!

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

My sister called my mom and my mom said she was like "Why the hell would I want to see that?" and then she saw it fly overhead (I think the reported altitude was around 500 ft.) and she said she was so overwhelmed that she started crying. I didn't expect it to be that low either. The lowest reported alt. was 200 ft. That's insane. I actually can't tell by looking how low it was, but it was a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be. I was expecting a small blip in the sky but it was like watching a car pass by.

• 4 weeks later...

Took my boys to the MCAS Miramar show today. Got some choice shots. Was totally surprised and thrilled they had the 2 F-22's there and doing flight demos. What an amazing piece of technology and machinery! To see the demo first hand was jaw dropping. Loved it!

Super Hornet at the edge of the sound barrier

post-156-0-60222400-1350191871_thumb.jpg

Very, very cool. Here's hoping that the actual number of buried Spitfires is on the high side of the estimates, and in good enough condition, in pieces or large sub-assemblies, to be quickly turned around to flying trim to thrill aviation enthusiasts the world over for many years to come.

So... I was browsing my computer for things to read, and I came across a PDF titled "Natops Flight Manual Navy Model F-14D Aircraft". It also has NAVAIR 01-F14AAD-1 on the upper left corner of the title page. It appears to be a genuine manual for a F-14D. I have no idea where the heck I got this from... It does, however make for some interesting reading, as it does show what every switch and button does. Even has hydraulic diagrams, showing how the various control surfaces are connected to the inputs in the cockpit.