Aircraft Super Thread Mk.VII

Haven't seen tug concepts like that in a long while.  Nice to know that someone is looking forward like that.  
That is a pretty low price for Su-75, sounds like it is intended for the same market as the USAF F-35/F-16 replacement concept.
MiG is just barely holding on with those concepts.

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

That is a pretty low price for Su-75, sounds like it is intended for the same market as the USAF F-35/F-16 replacement concept.

Typical Russian selling tactic. Sell cheap then get them on the back end with overpriced spares and technical support for the planes built in flaws.

1 hour ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Typical Russian selling tactic. Sell cheap then get them on the back end with overpriced spares and technical support for the planes built in flaws.

Not just them.  US Contractors are doing the same with "Service and Support Contracts."

Edited by Knight26

So... Sukhoi is a Russian company, right?  Checkmate is a Russian aircraft...  this unveiling is in Russia...

So, why the heck is all of the market material in English.   I mean is one of the target customer the USAF?

Edited by kalvasflam

16 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

So... Sukhoi is a Russian company, right?  Checkmate is a Russian aircraft...  this unveiling is in Russia...

So, why the heck is all of the market material in English.   I mean is one of the target customer the USAF?

Probably because they want to use it as an export, and English is still a primary international language.

^That made my day, thank you!

On 7/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, kajnrig said:

I'm more upset at how quickly they're blazing through those numbers. Helloooo! We were just at 57, you really had to pass on sixteen other prototypes? :lol:

Seems the Russians have adopted the DoD's inconsistent numerical designations as well.

On unrelated note. The Typhoon is returning to the flight sim space.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Theres some speculation that the... um... "shape" is "upside down" on the trailer.

Edit: oops, I see the linked-to article does mention that possibility. I posted before reading the article.

That seems so odd... I can't imagine why anyone would think that, looking at the shape and imagining where systems would go and be oriented... the metal "Pyramid" on the underside-amidships as she sits on the trailer is the mounting-interface for the RCS-test-stand, or at least it seems so to me.

Are the folks making that speculation under the impression that planes are always mounted inverted on the mast? They're not: 

full-scale-aircraft-antenna-models.jpgf-35-antennae-model.jpgf-22-antenna-model_3.jpgf-18-full-scale-antenna-model.jpg

They get mounted in multiple orientations to be examined from almost every angle over the course of a test program.

What good would a fuselage shape be if it generates negative lift? because if it is upside-down, that's what's going to happen.

The drooped "leading-edge" or "LERX" section further solidifies that it's upright in my mind.

Can't wait till the declassify it and prove me a fool!:lol:

Edited by slide