Aircraft Super Thread Mk.VII

Here's an interesting photo on perspective. I think it's relevant because its what i usually see when I place my VF-1 next to my VF-0. I do realize that the Phoenix is a bit larger than 1/60 in scale but compare the apparent sizes of the pilots in the image.

3pAnVLG.jpg

The F1 is in the foreground.

I found this picture from when the tsunami hit Japan while digging through one of my flash drives.

tsunami40015_36593_zpsde005f68.jpg

Despite being carried away from it's base and smashed into a building it looks surprisingly intact, though I'm sure the engine is ruined.

18 of the two-seat F-2Bs were damaged. Initially, only 6 were considered repairable. However, the defense minister earlier this year said, he's planning to add 7 more to the repair list.

Edited by Vifam7

Control, this is Omega One...

G410TQ8.jpg

Some perspective: This happened 23 years ago, almost entire generation has gone by and we have nothing to surpass its sleek, almost ephemeral lines.

Edited by raptormesh

Awesome photograph. Still one of the most amazing designs of last century. Who know, perhaps the Skylon will continue it's beauty this century....

I admire your faith that my government will actually somehow conspire to make it happen. :lol: Having said, they have just secured about £120 million of development funding from both the British government and the European Union.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

The Su-27 has nothing on mother nature as far as knocking out an F-16/F-2. :p

@raptormesh: Great picture. I still wonder if the YF-23 could serve as an effective replacement for the F-15E. The Black Widow looks like it could carry a decent bomb load, better than the Raptor can atleast.

Control, this is Omega One...

Some perspective: This happened 23 years ago, almost entire generation has gone by and we have nothing to surpass its sleek, almost ephemeral lines.

I still think it's ugly.

Despite being carried away from it's base and smashed into a building it looks surprisingly intact, though I'm sure the engine is ruined.

Hope it can be salvaged. Even though the bird is trashed that sea camo pattern still looks very nice.

YF-23, the one example that proves stealth aircraft don't have to be but ugly.

The Su-27 has nothing on mother nature as far as knocking out an F-16/F-2. :p

@raptormesh: Great picture. I still wonder if the YF-23 could serve as an effective replacement for the F-15E. The Black Widow looks like it could carry a decent bomb load, better than the Raptor can atleast.

That's a good idea actually, it's faster and stealthier than the YF-22 during the trials. There were some blueprints with enlarged weapons bay floating around too iirc. Would be a good platform for neutralising the enemy's c3 or to hunt opposing AWACS.

The most insanely-accurate/detailed/complex/complete R/C model jet ever, by far:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ccb_1375442777

(no, it doesn't crash at the end)

PS---anyone know how to embed from liveleak here? I can get it to show up in post-preview, but not the actual post.

The most insanely-accurate/detailed/complex/complete R/C model jet ever, by far:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ccb_1375442777

(no, it doesn't crash at the end)

PS---anyone know how to embed from liveleak here? I can get it to show up in post-preview, but not the actual post.

The level of details for that plane is absolutely amazing. I don't particularly like this plane, but I love the detail.

OMG...that thing is amazing...we need him to build the all time ultimate VF-1!!!!! Doesn't have to fly! Just be in that scale with that level of detail! Be more $$$ than a new car...but never mind that!

Edited by derex3592