Aircraft Super Thread Mk.VII

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone goes to Yokota Air Base this weekend? Japanese - American Friendship Festival 2012 is held.

I hope I can see F-22 and V-22, and am looking forward to some flight demos by F/A-18 and others.

http://www.yokota.af...hipfestival.asp

I answer to myself.

Atsugi.

I live in a Garrison city that has both Army and RAAF bases. My house is directly under the flightpath too so The sounds of Chinooks,C-17's,F/A-18's and Blackhawks are almost an everyday thing. And I never get tired of listening to them...except maybe if I'm watching a movie and they decide to fly over during a crucial part. :p

I live in a Garrison city that has both Army and RAAF bases. My house is directly under the flightpath too so The sounds of Chinooks,C-17's,F/A-18's and Blackhawks are almost an everyday thing. And I never get tired of listening to them...except maybe if I'm watching a movie and they decide to fly over during a crucial part. :p

Same here, lots of Blackhawks, Chinooks & KC-130's. The Occasional F-16, F-18 & A-10 Warthogs fly over too. The Joys of being near Ft. Riley & Forbes Airfield. B))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boy, Iran is just popping out new planes left and right lately---here's their latest stealth drone. (yes, stealth---they say you can't detect it)

Vaporware. You can't detect it, if it's never going to exist. :lol:

who needs radar when they paint it bright red? I hope they painted a bulls-eye on the bottom of that radar dish. Those missiles look more like hand held rocket launchers.

Boy, Iran is just popping out new planes left and right lately---here's their latest stealth drone. (yes, stealth---they say you can't detect it)

Iran-drone-1.jpg

Moving on from fantasy to reality...X-47B UCAS-D first carrier launch. Have a look at the future gents.

Note that the launch blast barriers weren't even elevated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hknsbswLFwo

The pilot can be seen in this vid. Can't wait to see these beasts(or its production cousins) flying along side F-35Cs.

Edited by raptormesh

Moving on from fantasy to reality...X-47B UCAS-D first carrier launch. Have a look at the future gents.

The pilot can be seen in this vid. Can't wait to see these beasts(or its production cousins) flying along side F-35Cs.

These don't have pilots. The guy with that contraption on his arm is, I believe just maneuvering the craft on the deck, as the flight computers won't be able to handle navigating a busy and unpredictable carrier deck. He's more a "remote aircraft handler" than a pilot. He won't be "flying" it once it's airborne.

The guy with that contraption on his arm is, I believe just maneuvering the craft on the deck, as the flight computers won't be able to handle navigating a busy and unpredictable carrier deck. He's more a "remote aircraft handler" than a pilot. He won't be "flying" it once it's airborne.

Yep. He's like a wrangler, or something.

That's one thing I find kind of odd; the plane director is making hand signals directly to the drone when the guy steering it around the deck is presumably standing right behind him.

Actually those are pilots with the arm controller, they are just not the pilots who will be flying it after takeoff. The Pilot In Command (PIC) is in the control station elsewhere onboard, or on shore as the case may be. The deck crew was also instructed to handle the X-47B like any other plan, hence why there are signalling the plane directly and not the pilots's stearing it around on the deck.

Ace Combat 4 was one of my fav games on the PS2, period. While I know you don't play a game like that for the story, I actually did like how the story and how it was told.

Sadly, I doubt I'll have the skills to paint those cammo apps. Then again, I might just buy it and build it a couple years later, when I get better at masking and painting cammo patterns.

tumblr_lys3tijaCW1rodmpwo2.png

ALL OF MY FEELS!!!

also, second best kit announcement to go with it:

hs_hasegawa02.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Ace Combat 4 was one of my fav games on the PS2, period. While I know you don't play a game like that for the story, I actually did like how the story and how it was told.

Sadly, I doubt I'll have the skills to paint those cammo apps. Then again, I might just buy it and build it a couple years later, when I get better at masking and painting cammo patterns.

I played AC4 for the story, it's still my all time favorite of the AC games because of the story.

As for the Camo apps, maybe Hase will include some sort of template to make masking easier. pre-cut masks would be the best but I'm not sure if hase has ever done something like that before. The only thing I would have liked better is if these were 1/48 kits. One of these days I plan on buying that 1/48 Haruka iM@S F-22 kit, and I have an unbuilt 1/48 F-15C kit from Hasagawa that I bought years ago specifically to build and paint up as Galm 1 from Ace combat Zero.

BTW, I remember a LONG time ago I built an iltalari Su-33 and painted it up in Yellow 13 colors, I have no idea if I still have that somewhere...

Dang, I'm not generally one for "fake" model planes, but I would buy Yellow 13... (if I could get one pre-painted, I suck at camo---and little white fins on missiles)

Hase's new Su-33 is probably about the most accurate Flanker model out there.

PS---surely it comes with alternate markings for Yellow 4?