30th Anniversary Exhibit NEWS - Talk

dreadpyrat

Sorry, i meant the 1:1 VF-25 model, not 1:1 macross model.

How's that?

It could be me, but the 1:1 gundam looks like the real deal to me, while the 1:1 VF-25 looks like a really big "plastic model" built by an expert hobbyist.

• 4 weeks later...

Mmm. If I could only eat an Ishtar. Or a Sivil.

Errr... Read front page article for context.

*Reads Front page article...Looks at EXO* Are you sure that all you wanna do? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Megaroad launch ceremony announced.

http://www.macrosswo...mony-announced/

Currently confirmed guests (with more to be announced) include Megaroad Captain Mika Doi (Misa Hayase), as well as Megumi Nakajima (Ranka Lee) and Aya Endo (Sheryl Nome).

Misa, yes, of course, but why are THEY there??? Aaarrggh

Standard tickets are 4500yen, with special tickets (which come with some sort of as of yet unannounced merchandise) costing 5800 yen. The event is limited to Macross fanclub members only, although even then ticket sales will be decided by a draw, meaning they will be more difficult to get that a bandai valk preorder.

Well, that's that, then. Itte-rasshai, Tochiro!

• 1 month later...

Save and I hit up The Macross Original Art Exhibition today. Full impressions to follow but I've gotta say that the official exhibit book is terrific and features a lot of good illustrations for a reasonable price! It's not pictured below although the other swag I picked up most certainly is :-)

post-9325-0-57853600-1344780518_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-43718100-1344780534_thumb.jpg

that Sheryl poster at the bottom left corner, is it lenticular/3D?

saw a 3D poster of that (about A3 size) in HK some months back but missed getting it as the shop was closed at the time.

if you or Save know where i can get the 3D poster, kindly PM me.

Btw, thank you Save for the Alto Super and Ozma Armor.

Save and I hit up The Macross Original Art Exhibition today. Full impressions to follow but I've gotta say that the official exhibit book is terrific and features a lot of good illustrations for a reasonable price! It's not pictured below although the other swag I picked up most certainly is :-)

post-9325-0-57853600-1344780518_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-43718100-1344780534_thumb.jpg

Can you provide more details on the content of " the official exhibit book"? Thanks! Would like to purchase this book.... ;)

that Sheryl poster at the bottom left corner, is it lenticular/3D?

No, it's just the flyer for the exhibit, sorry.

Can you provide more details on the content of " the official exhibit book"? Thanks! Would like to purchase this book.... ;)

Basically it has most of the content from the exhibit printed in it with the exception of the fan-art. As such it's approx. 50% Macross F (tv and movies) and 50% all other Macross series. Pictures are not 1-per-page, they are more of a collage. Theres not all that much in the way of new art for the older series (some great pencil art from the key visuals of the Mac F movies though) but overall its a nice collection at a decent price and even comes with a CD that has the audio walkthrough of the exhibit - so its almost like being there!

Hidetaka Tenjin posted this pic today of his...er...pic. This is from the current Macross Original Art Exhibit in Ikebukuro. Imagine having this puppy on your wall! (A smaller framed version was available for 200,000yen or so).

The good thing is, theres a full-page reprint of it in the exhibit booklet though. Save is going this weekend, so if you want to order a copy of the book hit him up asap!

post-9325-0-01650800-1345192608_thumb.jpg

Did she kick your dog? :)

No, I saw the talk show given by her and Tomo Sakurai, and at one point, they gave away two signed posters via "Rock Paper Scissors." Everyone stood up, they did the moves, and if we beat them, we could keep standing. If we lost or were tied, we had to sit down.

I lost to Tomo Sakurai pretty quickly, but with Aya, I found myself winning. Finally, there were only three of us left standing. She said, "Okay, this is the last one," and then made her move. She had rock. I had rock.

The other two guys had scissors.

She stood there for a while, and said, "Eh? What do I do?"

Finally, she said, "Okay, you all lost. Everybody, let's stand up and start over."

No, I saw the talk show given by her and Tomo Sakurai, and at one point, they gave away two signed posters via "Rock Paper Scissors." Everyone stood up, they did the moves, and if we beat them, we could keep standing. If we lost or were tied, we had to sit down.

I lost to Tomo Sakurai pretty quickly, but with Aya, I found myself winning. Finally, there were only three of us left standing. She said, "Okay, this is the last one," and then made her move. She had rock. I had rock.

The other two guys had scissors.

She stood there for a while, and said, "Eh? What do I do?"

Finally, she said, "Okay, you all lost. Everybody, let's stand up and start over."

:D That's awesome! Sort of.

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Despite a rip-roaring headache, managed to get in line early this morning for a chance to meet Kazutaka Miyatake. While the only item we were allowed to have signed was the exhibit book, it was a rare chance to meet the man since he seldom does events or public appearances.

post-9325-0-49582300-1345383914_thumb.jpg

I'll be in Tokyo starting this coming Friday for a week, do you guys know if there are any events going on? I've browsed the thread and didn't see anything, but I might have missed something. Looks like I'm just going to miss the art exhibit. thanks

Unfortunately, I don't think any other events are coming up until October.

I'll be in Tokyo starting this coming Friday for a week, do you guys know if there are any events going on? I've browsed the thread and didn't see anything, but I might have missed something. Looks like I'm just going to miss the art exhibit. thanks

Unfortunately nothing that i'm aware of. Theres the launch ceremony on Sept. 2, but thats restricted to fan club members only, sorry.

Chara-hobby on next Sunday?

http://www.chara-hobby.com/

Many garage kits made by amateurs are sold according to its web site.

I have no idea what kind of Macross-related items appear.

Wan-Fes (Wonder Festival) in July is so popular in comparison with Chara-hobby because there seem to be no thread about the latter in MW until now.

If you want to feel the atmosphere of the Anime events in Japan, you may better go.

Ah, you can buy Tamago Hikoki there.

http://hobby.dengeki...0820/6254-news/

Oh, I had better write this info in Toys/ Model kits thread, sorry.

Edited by antibiotictab

Came back from Chara-hobby.

Bandai says a new plan for 30th anniversary is on going.

post-14942-0-49911600-1345985589_thumb.jpg

They reveal it in The 52nd All Japan Model and Hobby Show on Oct 13th and 14th at Makuhari Messe.

Edited by antibiotictab