Armarauders-Toy Line with Comics

Pricing seems about on par with Bandai DX Valkyries, I'll need to see more before committing but definitely interested. The story for the franchise seems to have some potential as well, and the name is straight up 80's retro. :D

• 1 month later...

I love the fact that the little poseable figure can sit inside the opening cockpit. Sadly I might not preorder this because there are new Valks announced. I talked myself out of it ("Design has too many ovals!") :lol:

Edited by xrentonx

Didn't watch the review entirely but its an amazing piece.

How cool would it be to dream up a mech and get it made into a toy like this?

LOVE the stand. Would kill for a 1/24 Patlabor Ingram set up like that.

The quality looks fantastic, with gizmos and gimmicks out the wazoo.

Won't be getting it though. Close, but not a must-have . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone preorder? I saw that they may be releasing a dark/black colored one. If I was interested, I'd go for that one over the faint purple one.

There are a few design choices I don't care for. Lots of ovals for one. The Liefeld guns being another...

The concept is cool. I like the modular components and the tiny pilot. Just wished the aesthetics were a little different but I guess that's his style. I'm not too familiar with his comic book work.

Edited by xrentonx

I have HUGE admiration for anyone creating a universe like that - especially with the detail he includes.

It comes down to personal preferences. After looking over the comic it felt soulless somehow to me, if that makes any sense.

Colossal effort and talent - but something just isn't there for me . . .

• 6 months later...

This is everything I want; High quality, superb packaging, fantastic art and extras, lots of bits and a diorama or two.

Except - I don't like the design. It is not from the 80s, too modern I guess, and its not designed in Japan. Looks very American -Robocop-ish. Which it WAS designed in America, and not in the 80s, so this all makes sense.

If I was rich I would get it for one of my kids just so I could un-box it and click through the joints...

This is everything I want; High quality, superb packaging, fantastic art and extras, lots of bits and a diorama or two.

Except - I don't like the design. It is not from the 80s, too modern I guess, and its not designed in Japan. Looks very American -Robocop-ish. Which it WAS designed in America, and not in the 80s, so this all makes sense.

If I was rich I would get it for one of my kids just so I could un-box it and click through the joints...

I'm on the same page that this toy has everything I want from a collectible. I even like the design. However there are just too much toys coming out that fit in my collection (especially since the Riobot Anubis is due for this month).

I think this is a cool item if your toy collection has just a few pieces and not complete lines. For example you have one Optimus Prime and that is enough for your Transformers collection, one SoC, etc.

I hope that the toy line gets off the ground and they can produce more toys for the line. It would be very sad if I could pick up this toy next year in a bargain bin.

That Tread is a one-of-a-kind custom creation I believe -- and a sweet one.

#16 above is Iczer ROBO -- a WF resin kit I cannot locate.

post-8486-0-99521600-1444136489_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-36217700-1444136507_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-51365100-1444136525_thumb.jpg

But to stay on topic with the thread, I greatly admire the effort that went into creating that comic world and that awesome toy. Superb offering.

If it was say -- $79.99 -- I would grab it. But it's not likely ever to reach that stage . . .

• 5 months later...