All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

This reminds me of the Air Conflicts Pacific Theatre games I am playing on PS5 (actually a PS4 game)....looks grate...but now way I am joining Facebook so glad PSVR2 is coming up with their own WWII combat fighter game

Facebook and the VR headset are no longer required to be linked.  Can they be required to do so sometime again in the future, yup.

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

This reminds me of the Air Conflicts Pacific Theatre games I am playing on PS5 (actually a PS4 game)....looks grate...but now way I am joining Facebook so glad PSVR2 is coming up with their own WWII combat fighter game

You don't need to join Facebook anymore, just a Meta account.  I know, that sounds like splitting hairs, but the gist is that you use the Meta account just for the Quest, not social media, so while Meta will know what you're buying and playing (in other words, exactly what Sony gets whenever you buy from the PS store) they're not getting all the personal info they'd get from a Facebook account.

I'm down for this. I actually watched this show as a kid, but have never seen the Troma films.

20 minutes ago, Old_Nash_II said:

I hope they can revive another old cartoons for beat'em up game

Mummies Alive, Conan the Adventurer, King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, Street Sharks, Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Gargoyles, Cowboys of Moo Mesa... the '80s and early '90s had lots of good options for beat'em ups.

4 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I'm down for this. I actually watched this show as a kid, but have never seen the Troma films.

Mummies Alive, Conan the Adventurer, King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, Street Sharks, Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Gargoyles, Cowboys of Moo Mesa... the '80s and early '90s had lots of good options for beat'em ups.

Gargoyles have a great possibility, because have a new comics from Dynamite following where cartoon ended

Edited by Old_Nash_II

55 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I want a Silverhawks game. And a MASK game.

I'm just sayin'.

It's not that I don't want games based on MASK and Silverhawks (and, while I'm at it, Dino Riders, EXO Squad, and SWAT Cats), but I think they'd work better in another genre than beat'em up.

51 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

It's not that I don't want games based on MASK and Silverhawks (and, while I'm at it, Dino Riders, EXO Squad, and SWAT Cats), but I think they'd work better in another genre than beat'em up.

This is true. And MASK, at least, would need to be multimode, because we wanna drive the jetcars AND run around blasting people with laser eyes.

Today begins Steam's Spring sale.  Lots of deals on games, sure, but I feel compelled to point out (what like two weeks after I bought one) that the Steam Deck itself is 10% off.

Edited by mikeszekely

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Today begins Steam's Spring sale.  Lots of deals on games, sure, but I feel compelled to point out (what like two weeks after I bought one) that the Steam Deck itself is 10%.

10% off, to be clear, not 10%. Though how I wish... :lol:

7 hours ago, kajnrig said:

10% off, to be clear, not 10%. Though how I wish... :lol:

Hah, I guess my phone's autocorrect cut the end off! Yeah, 10% off, so prices range from $360-$585. That makes the most expensive model a bit more palatable if you're not comfortable replacing the SSD. That said, if you are comfortable, a 1TB Sabrent Rocket goes for around $160, which is still double the storage for $65 less.

Edited by mikeszekely

3 minutes ago, Old_Nash_II said:

I thought it would be a game like the Evolution

But it similar to Dead Space Ignition

It looks like a glorified Choose Your Own Adventure story.

14 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Bought CYBERPUNK 2077 finally. Only 10 minutes in and no bugs, lol.

So far all I've bought were the two Axiom Verge games, plus Ni no Kuni 2 that was actually on sale the day before.  But I've got something like 150 games wishlisted right now and a new Steam Deck I want to play games on, so I'm sure I'll buy a couple more before the sale is over.

Update that I'm over 22 hours in Cyberpunk 2077 and still feels like there is so much more to see and do. According to Google I can finish the main campaign in 24 hours but it can take over 100 hours to do everything. I think I'll do the latter to get my money's worth 😀Definitely a game that I would have loved to get lost into when I was single with no children, lol.

As for bugs and glitches there hasn't been much experienced thankfully. Nothing game breaking, just very rare (about 3) things that looked or sounded odd like a bartender leaning against an invisible bar.

11 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Update that I'm over 22 hours in Cyberpunk 2077 and still feels like there is so much more to see and do. According to Google I can finish the main campaign in 24 hours but it can take over 100 hours to do everything. I think I'll do the latter to get my money's worth 😀Definitely a game that I would have loved to get lost into when I was single with no children, lol.

As for bugs and glitches there hasn't been much experienced thankfully. Nothing game breaking, just very rare (about 3) things that looked or sounded odd like a bartender leaning against an invisible bar.

The main story sucked anyway, you're better off doing all the side quests and activities.

16 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

The main story sucked anyway, you're better off doing all the side quests and activities.

The story is decent but Keanu Reeves is what carries it IMHO. I do think the recent DEUS EX games had a more interesting story which I really enjoyed in the cyberpunk genre and hope they make a new game, someday!

Edited by TangledThorns

CP2077 had shades of a solid, intriguing story in it here and there, agreed Silverhand is the best part. But yeah, the side content in CP2077 is where the narrative really shines, there's several fairly long side quests that were absolute bangers, great story and characters, fun mission designs, that's honestly the case with lots of open world games these days though. 

I wrapped up Hogwarts Legacy at about 67 hours, I have a ton of side stuff left but probably won't bother, I got the big side stuff done, I'm not doing dozens more Merlin Trials and combat challenges. Main story was meh, the side story involving Sebastien was easily the best narrative in the game, and considering how poorly handled the morality of using the unforgiveable curses is, Sebastien's story should've been the main one. There should've been consequences and more character interaction and fallout from using the big three but oh well, sequel will handle that I'm sure. 

I just stumbled on this game while watching YouTube. Not sure if it was already posted here before. It has some cool vibe to it. Like a crossover between Kingdom Hearts and some Rhythm Games. I have a feeling that my son will like this. Too bad there's no PS5 version. It's only exclusive for X-Box. But can also be played on PC/Steam. The only old PC laptop that I have will probably won't be able to play this properly. Sometimes I'm thinking if I should buy X-Box on my next game console upgrade. :unsure: 

Did they ever improved the performance of CP2077 on a PS4 Pro with the last couple of patches.

I don’t want to buy a PS5 just for checking out the current state of the game.

It was fun how overpowered you could get. It made the last mission a breeze.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I just stumbled on this game while watching YouTube. Not sure if it was already posted here before. It has some cool vibe to it. Like a crossover between Kingdom Hearts and some Rhythm Games. I have a feeling that my son will like this. Too bad there's no PS5 version. It's only exclusive for X-Box. But can also be played on PC/Steam. The only old PC laptop that I have will probably won't be able to play this properly. Sometimes I'm thinking if I should buy X-Box on my next game console upgrade. :unsure: 

It's gotten really good reception both critically and commercially. It came as a complete surprise, shadow-dropping onto stores like the same night it was announced or something, and everyone I keep up with has had a blast with it. It doesn't overstay its welcome, either, which is nice. I think a solid 6-10 hours for the main campaign? There have been a lot of comparisons of its humor to, say, Futurama and/or old-school Simpsons.

4 hours ago, Scyla said:

Did they ever improved the performance of CP2077 on a PS4 Pro with the last couple of patches.

I don’t want to buy a PS5 just for checking out the current state of the game.

It was fun how overpowered you could get. It made the last mission a breeze.

Digital Foundry on Youtube has been chronicling the updates for all versions, from what I've seen the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both have a far more stable frame rate then launch, they've got it locked pretty well. Still runs terrible on the base PS4 and Xbox One. 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Sometimes I'm thinking if I should buy X-Box on my next game console upgrade. :unsure: 

The game is a TON of fun, really well made through and through, a gem of a game too be sure and it's on GamePass which is awesome, highly recommended. I'd grab a Series S if you're not feeling a Series X and dropping $500+. The Series S is a great little budget console, coupled with GamePass there's a lot of fun gaming to be had at a solid price. As kajnrig mentioned, Hi-Fi Rush was a nice little surprise release, announced then dropped the next day I believe, really well done little game. 

I had a lot of fun playing Cyberpunk 2077.  I played on PC, and I'm not sure how much patching they've done in the, oh, 16 or so months since I played it, but I can't say that I experienced any gamebreaking issues.  I kind of agree with @renegadeleader1 on the story, though.  It had some neat elements, but Silverhand came across to me as kind of a spoiled whiner.  There were some pretty great side quests, though, including some psychotic taxis and a sentient vending machine.  Dunno how it is on consoles these days, or really how bad it was at launch, but it's definitely worth playing on PC now, especially if you get it on sale.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Sometimes I'm thinking if I should buy X-Box on my next game console upgrade. :unsure: 

Or a Steam Deck.  I'm loving mine.😁

In all seriousness, though, since the days of the original PlayStation I've had a bad habit of buying all the consoles, even though I'm primarily a PC gamer.  I bought a PS5 for the PlayStation exclusives and I honestly haven't touched it since God of War Ragnarok... which will probably wind up on PC, just like the first Dad of War.  I wound up picking up Horizon Zero Dawn and both Spider-Man games on PC, too.  If Ghost of Tsushima gets a port I could probably sell my PS5 and not miss it.

Xbox, though, is kind of a different animal.  I actually wound up buying two, a Series X that's hooked up to the big TV in the living room, and a Series S that's hooked up to the TV in my bedroom (and is the console I grab if I'm going to play Rock Band over at a friend's house).  I almost never buy any games for it, but I play games on it fairly regularly, and it's all about Game Pass.  See, as a PC gamer I was already interested in Game Pass for PC, right?  But for $5/month more you can get Game Pass Ultimate, which gets you Game Pass on both PC and Xbox, EA Access, Xbox Cloud Gaming, and Xbox Live Gold which gives you free games in addition to online multiplayer (the one feature I don't use).  And Xbox's cloud saves make switching between platforms pretty seemless.  I can start playing a game like Forza Horizon 5 on my PC, then pick it up later on my Series X for an hour while I wait for my daughter to get home from school, then grab a controller like the Razer Kishi for my phone and keep playing in the waiting room while my daughter's at her dance class.

If you're console only and don't have anything modern, maybe your choices are a bit different.  PlayStation does have a few really good exclusives.  But probably 95% of the games that come out do so on both.