All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I was pretty pumped for Forbidden West, too, except for two things-

-Sony's insistence that "next-gen" PS5 games should cost $70

-I wanted to replay Zero Dawn, since I'd forgotten most of the plot, and I picked it up on Steam since I figured it'd look nicer.  Now, I remember really loving it the first time I played it, but I was not getting into it at all on the replay.

I'll still likely pick up Forbidden West at some point, but I'm thinking that "some point" is going to be well after release on some kind of a discount.

Played the original Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition on my PS5 recently and thoroughly enjoyed the game.  I just picked up Horizon Forbidden West for the PS5, have not had a chance to play yet, as I am currently at work, but when I get off my rotation, I will play it and see how it lives up to the previous one.

I am trying to play through the PS5 upgrade of Final Fantasy VII Remake intergrade, which is an awesome game, I am only about 20 hours in.  I am hesitant to try to install my PS4 disk copy of Cyberpunk 2077 now that the PS5 upgrade patch is out, since people are saying that there are issues with the disk version of the game....havent really looked into it, but I have so many new PS5 games to play and not enough hard drive space to load them up, but I am so glad that I was able to get a PS5, have really been enjoying it

Twich

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this was announced at some PlayStation event for PS5/4, but it's confirmed for Switch, Xbox One/Series X/Series S, and PC (Steam, I think).  It's the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection, developed by Digital Eclipse and published by Konami.  The collection contains 

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time (Arcade)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters (NES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters (SNES)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist (Genesis)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighter (Genesis)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Back From the Sewers (Game Boy)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (Game Boy)

The collection will include "extras and quality of life improvements."  I'm not sure what all that includes, but they do mention things like save states and rewind, plus new Boss Rush and Challenge modes.  Local Multiplayer will be supported across all the titles that originally had it, while the two arcade games at the least will support online co-op (up to four players).

No release date has been given aside from a very vague "2022," but I'm hearing that the price will be a very reasonable $39.99 (at least in the US).  I'm pumped enough to buy it at least twice... I buy stuff like this on Steam for posterity, since PC tends to be the safe bet if you want to play something ten years later, but I'll probably grab it for at least one console to play with my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grabbed LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga, game is a ton of fun! I haven't played a LEGO game since the first LEGO Marvel Heroes back on my Xbox 360, this new LEGO Star Wars is pretty fantastic, lots of characters, lots of ships, lots of collectibles, maps, side missions and things to do and see. All nine main films, free-roam galaxy and planets, space battles and dog fights, they really went all-out on this one, it's pretty great. 

7 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Grabbed LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga, game is a ton of fun! I haven't played a LEGO game since the first LEGO Marvel Heroes back on my Xbox 360, this new LEGO Star Wars is pretty fantastic, lots of characters, lots of ships, lots of collectibles, maps, side missions and things to do and see. All nine main films, free-roam galaxy and planets, space battles and dog fights, they really went all-out on this one, it's pretty great. 

I used to be a big fan of the LEGO games, but the more recent ones (LEGO Jurassic Park, LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2, LEGO DC Supervillains) have been kind of letdowns for me.  Still the new LEGO Star Wars is getting enough buzz that I decided to grab a copy for the Switch.  I just need to finish Kirby and the Forgotten Land first... which itself I highly recommend.  It's one of the most fun times I've had on Switch since Yoshi's Crafted World.

• 4 weeks later...

The game itself looks incredibly brainless and not fun but at least it appears Shaggy's sandwich is vegetarian (I'm nerdy enough to check to see if that was bologna or a tomato, I can't tell but since there is no other meat on the sandwich I give it the benefit of the doubt).

Experience the next chapter of Cal Kestis’ journey in STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™ - coming in 2023. Picking up five years after the events of STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order™, Jedi: Survivor is a third person, narrative-driven action-adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games.

So it's set around the same time time as Obi-Wan.