All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Friday the 13th The Game came out today! Don't know if anyone knows or cares. Feels fairly unpolished and glitchy, but I backed it years ago and I've been waiting to get a wack at it so I'm excited to finally play it. I've been dying for a game like this for a while, and yes, I know several games like Dead by Daylight came out first and attempted to capitalize on the formula before the real deal F13 popped up, but I never bothered with those. I only got to play two matches before work but somehow I got to play Jason on my first try! Pretty fun stuff, very intense, but once again, fairly buggy. The ground work is there for an amazing game, and as is, I think it's still pretty damn fun. I can't wait to play more after work. Since I backed it I also got exclusive counselor clothing items and the Tom Savini Jason skin!

• 2 weeks later...

Not really enthusiastic about Wolfenstein. I skipped the last one so that's probably playing into my "Meh".

============================

Sony's presentation will be starting at: San Francisco: 6PM / New York: 9PM / London: 2AM (June 13th) / Moscow: 4AM (June 13th) / Beijing: 9AM (June 13th) / Tokyo: 10AM (June 13th) / Sydney: 11AM (June 13th)

Livestream will be on their Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/playstation
or Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation

=============================

Here's a writeup on the Xbox One X (Project Scorpio)
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-everything-we-know-about-xbox-one-x/1100-6450744/

=============================

Here's the schedule for the rest of the big E3 streaming presentations this week:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/9/15767972/e3-schedule-2017-live-stream-events-xbox-sony-nintendo

Having played through Wolfenstein New Order and the Old Blood and knowing their tone I see Anya pregnant and think "This isn't going to end well is it?". To be honest  I'm getting sick of the dystopian Man In The High Castle setting already. It's too dark and depressing with you ending up surrounded by a bunch of unlikeable d-bags. I am not really looking forward to having to forge an alliance with what looks to be a paranoid communist version of Leonardo DiCaprio's character from Django.  

Edited by renegadeleader1

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I know this is still early footage, but this looks disappointing. I get it, the Arkham style combat is great, and it can be applied to nearly anything, but it's becoming a bit lazy at this point. Also, that's a LOT of QTEs. I'm not feeling this anywhere near as much as when it was announced. I feel Microsoft and Sony both had their weakest E3 showings in years. New game announcements were few and far between, lots of footage of last years reveals, actual release dates for some things, but then there were also several things announced last year that made no appearances this year. Personally, I think Ubisoft did excellent this year, AC needed a break and the new one looks great, the AC4 Black Flag style pirate game looks nuts, and Far Cry 5 looks like fun. No Last of Us 2, FFVII remake (which at this point I KNOW will be a disappointment), no new Kojima Death Stranding non-sense. I think Nintendo did pretty well too, the Switch is looking more awesome by the day. I may get an Xbox One X just because my X1 is what I do the majority of my gaming on, Sea of Thieves and the new AC will be fun on that.

Spiderman and Good of War. Sony's E3 presentation was basically half of last year's. As for Microsoft, once they started letting me but Forza on PC I stopped caring about Xboxes.

Nintendo, on the other hand, is killing it.

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

My big issue with Spider-Man is the swinging doesn't look fun.  It looks slow and floaty.  Not nearly as much fun as the momentum building in Spider-Man 2 from the GCPS2XBox days.

I find it a bit sad that all these years later that PS2 Spider-Man 2 game is still the gold standard every new Spider-Man game is held too, that game was just that good. I don't think any one game since then has gotten as much right as that game did. Also, floaty is the word I'd use too. It looks like he has a few extra little moves that allow him to boost forward quickly, but the overall swinging does look very slow.

14 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I find it a bit sad that all these years later that PS2 Spider-Man 2 game is still the gold standard every new Spider-Man game is held too, that game was just that good. I don't think any one game since then has gotten as much right as that game did. Also, floaty is the word I'd use too. It looks like he has a few extra little moves that allow him to boost forward quickly, but the overall swinging does look very slow.

Other than some cool looking transition moves the swinging literally looks like a slow, boring walking animation.

First thing that came to mind seeing that Spiderman footage was the Arkham-series with weird challenge transitions thrown in. I'm also puzzled by those swinging hang times. Shouldn't Spidey have more points to swing from?

So I watched COD:WWII game footage.The bayonet charge looks exactly like BF1's. Good grief.

Time to watch some other gameplay footage. Destiny 2 on PC......*click*

So this is now a thing.

Please keep the original soundtrack intact. My other big wish is that they unlock more of the map and include sections cut from the original game including some of the Colossi (Phoenix, Devil and the Boar).

Oh? They added countermeasures to Ace Combat.;) I was pretty meh to the Story trailer but I haven't liked an AC story since Zero. I just want to fly in my Tomcat or Flanker while listening to a good background soundtrack. Looks like I'll get my wish there.

This looks aesthetically amazing. Don't have an Xbox though so I hope it gets ported to PC.

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

I was pretty meh to the Story trailer but I haven't liked an AC story since Zero.

Y'know, for all the HD Collections we've gotten during the last two console generations I cannot fathom why we never got an Ace Combat HD collection of 4, 5, and Zero.  Maybe the pair of PSP games, too.

32 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Y'know, for all the HD Collections we've gotten during the last two console generations I cannot fathom why we never got an Ace Combat HD collection of 4, 5, and Zero.  Maybe the pair of PSP games, too.

Seconded. Also the 3DS Assault Horizon Legacy. It was a complete remake of AC2, and it revamped the... whatever the "close-up dogfight" mechanic was in the original Assault Horizon. In Legacy, it's a special bar that you fill up and use to automatically evade missiles and/or get around to an enemy's tail for a quick one-hit kill. (I think, anyway. Going off of trailers and reviews.)

I'd have loved to see the PSP-specific superfighters rendered in high resolution.