All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Ace Combat Infinity is back to basics, has a completely free campaign mode, and includes some pay features for its multiplayer mode (though, if you're patient, you don't need money there either). I'd link the interview but I'm on my phone and lazy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Slightly off-topic, but can I actually connect the PS3's controller to a laptop via USB cable and use it for PC games? For that matter, can I use it charge the controller?

you can just plug and charge the ps3 controller right away.

for playing pc games you would have to use a program. there's about 2 or 3 out there.

the one i use is a free program called MotioninJoy, it works the easiest to map and can emulate ps2, ps3 as well as a 360 controller as needed for pc games that only accept a 360 controller like bioshock 1.

the only annoyance is there's ads while running it bc it's free. if you look around, there's a modded version someone made without the ads.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just pick up a 360 controller.

i used both but personally the 360 digital pad sucks. (well known design flaw) if you're playing games using analog the 360 is superior but for most retro and fighting games the Ps3 controller is the best way to go.

i used both but personally the 360 digital pad sucks. (well known design flaw) if you're playing games using analog the 360 is superior but for most retro and fighting games the Ps3 controller is the best way to go.

The best way? Really?

51IIx4K91tL.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol

doesn't have enough shoulder analog/triggers for racing. i use the analog triggers for Sega's afterburner II +- throttle. as well as racing gms like outrun.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

If anyone is downloading the ifruit app for GTA V be careful if you're looking for it on android

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430493/fake-gtav-ifruit-android-apps-could-be-malware/

The game kept saying to download the ifruit app on your mobile phone device to teach Chop new tricks. I kept bringing up Franklin's phone and couldn't find a way to download the app. Then i read that it's an app that's in real life... lol

Guest davidwhangchoi

glad i didn't download yet. though i wanted to teach Chop some new tricks :(

looks like mighty no.9 is getting 3ds, vita, ps4, and xbone verision. anybody who give 40 or more bucks get's to choose which platform they want it on.

http://imgur.com/ou89uNW

hmmm which one should i pick... well, i have until 2015 to decide

The app is a buggy piece of crap.

Except for the first few days after the games release, it was but has been fine for me since. Long since taught Chop all the tricks. Only have to go in and clean up his crap and make sure he's fed these days. :lol:

73% down. Complete fail at getting on GTA Online today. I'll probably be busy tomorrow so will wait until Thursday. Is there an MW Crew?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Except for the first few days after the games release, it was but has been fine for me since. Long since taught Chop all the tricks. Only have to go in and clean up his crap and make sure he's fed these days. :lol:

73% down. Complete fail at getting on GTA Online today. I'll probably be busy tomorrow so will wait until Thursday. Is there an MW Crew?

ok, cool i'm going to download the app today. i going to teach Chop tricks.

you can have Chop fetch a grenade according to the second episode of GTA V mythbusters, (i posted episode 1 a page back)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So apparently, like Mewtwo, Charizard is going to have two Mega Evolutions, an X and a Y.

Such a dilemma. The pattern, since Gold and Silver, has been to have two legendaries, one for each flavor. If both legendaries are available in the game, it's usually that one is available before the Elite Four, and the other isn't until after you've become the champ. And, since Silver, I've always picked which version I get based on the legendary on the cover: Silver (and SoulSilver) for Lugia, Ruby for Groudon, Diamond for Dialga (although I swapped it for Platinum for Giratina), White for Zekrom, and Black 2 for Black Kyurem.

Continuing this tradition, I should be getting Pokemon Y, because Yveltal looks way cooler than Xerneas. I was already thinking that I liked Mewtwo's pure-psychic X form to his psychic/fighting Y form, though. Now, we have an awesome fire/dragon X form for Charizard that's way cooler than the previously announced fire/flying Y form... and of all of the starters in all the Pokemon games, Charmader/Charizard has always been my favorite. I may have to go with Pokemon X, even if the legendary is a deer.

you can just plug and charge the ps3 controller right away.

for playing pc games you would have to use a program. there's about 2 or 3 out there.

the one i use is a free program called MotioninJoy, it works the easiest to map and can emulate ps2, ps3 as well as a 360 controller as needed for pc games that only accept a 360 controller like bioshock 1.

the only annoyance is there's ads while running it bc it's free. if you look around, there's a modded version someone made without the ads.

Just pick up a 360 controller.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I think I'll try out the emulators first. Never used an XBox controller before; not sure if I'll like it.

If the emulators don't work so well, I'll then try out the XBox controller.

The newer 360 controllers with the transforming d-pad are a significant improvement.

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox360/Accessories/Controllers/wireless-controller-w-dpad-play-charge-kit

Guest davidwhangchoi

The newer 360 controllers with the transforming d-pad are a significant improvement.

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox360/Accessories/Controllers/wireless-controller-w-dpad-play-charge-kit

hey anime52k8, that was actually taken apart and still the same design flaw in the digital pad has not been corrected.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/11/13/xbox-360-transforming-d-pad-controller-review

this is the mod fix and details of the actual flaws

http://c0d3h4x0r.wordpress.com/2008/12/22/xbox360-d-pad-design-flaws-and-fix/

Guest davidwhangchoi

So apparently, like Mewtwo, Charizard is going to have two Mega Evolutions, an X and a Y.

Such a dilemma. The pattern, since Gold and Silver, has been to have two legendaries, one for each flavor. If both legendaries are available in the game, it's usually that one is available before the Elite Four, and the other isn't until after you've become the champ. And, since Silver, I've always picked which version I get based on the legendary on the cover: Silver (and SoulSilver) for Lugia, Ruby for Groudon, Diamond for Dialga (although I swapped it for Platinum for Giratina), White for Zekrom, and Black 2 for Black Kyurem.

Continuing this tradition, I should be getting Pokemon Y, because Yveltal looks way cooler than Xerneas. I was already thinking that I liked Mewtwo's pure-psychic X form to his psychic/fighting Y form, though. Now, we have an awesome fire/dragon X form for Charizard that's way cooler than the previously announced fire/flying Y form... and of all of the starters in all the Pokemon games, Charmader/Charizard has always been my favorite. I may have to go with Pokemon X, even if the legendary is a deer.

So you're going to pick x? looks like you really like charizard x form... you can always swap x for y later.

i've been waiting forever for The Last Guardian... it's never going to come out... what's going on???

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/3/4797684/the-last-guardian-is-now-in-a-re-engineering-phase-says-yoshida

Guest davidwhangchoi

For the PC gamer: Watch dogs will only be for 64 bit os specs below:

For Watch Dogs' minimum specs, players will require a DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM, along with a quad core CPU and at least 4GB of RAM. Example GPUs include NVidia GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770, and an Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 or AMD Phenom X4 9750.

Users aiming to reach the game's recommended specifications will require a DirectX 11 card with at least 2GB of VRAM, an eight core CPU and 8GB of RAM. Ubisoft's example GPUs include NVidia GTX560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850 and for CPUs the Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core CPU.

To reach Watch Dogs' Ultra specifications, users will need a DirectX 11 GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM, an eight core CPU or more and 8GB of RAM or more.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/3/4797664/watch-dogs-pc-specifications-revealed-only-supports-x64-bit-os

It gives PC gamers a general idea of games made for PS4 Xbone (though this game also will be released for 360 and ps3, i'm sure the PC port will be on par with the Next Gen verisons) and requirements needed to run optimally on PC.

it's been all of tech sites such as Ars Technica the PS4's AMD GPU/CPU is close to a radeon HD 7850 and Xbone a bit less than that in terms of performance. so guessing that it's optimized for consoles, when ported to PC you'll need a equal or most likely bit more juice in the GPU if it's a poor port. (as almost all games will be made for consoles in mind then ported over)

if you want to read the write up:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/inside-the-playstation-4-a-balanced-approach-to-building-a-game-console/

Does anyone own a 8 core cpu currently... crazy requirements...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So you're going to pick x?

Looks that way. It's been leaked that you get one of the new starters from friends, and a Kanto starter from the Professor. Since Charmander is the most bestest starter still after six generations of Pokemon, and Mega Charizard X looks way more awesome than Mega Charizard Y. Yveltal looks pretty cool, but not as cool as Mega Charizard X. Guess my only decision now is Froakie or Chespin, since it doesn't make sense to have two Fire starters.

Aw, who am I kidding, it's Froakie. Grass types are lame.

It gives PC gamers a general idea of games made for PS4 Xbone (though this game also will be released for 360 and ps3, i'm sure the PC port will be on par with the Next Gen verisons) and requirements needed to run optimally on PC.

I'm good to go, with a Core i7-3770K, a GeForce GTX 660ti, and 16GB of RAM.

Really, I get that a lot of PC gamers get buy with cheaper Core i5s and cards in the 550-650 range, but a 64-bit OS and 8GB of RAM has been pretty basic for PC gamers for at least 3-4 years now, so I'm not sure how big a deal this news is.

Side note, does Intel even have any 8-core CPUs? Their recommendation, an i7-3770 is a quad-core, albeit one with hyper-threading.

Side note, does Intel even have any 8-core CPUs? Their recommendation, an i7-3770 is a quad-core, albeit one with hyper-threading.

Of course they do...but not for the desktop market. Servers (i.e., Xeons) come in sizes of 6-10 cores.

Of course they do...but not for the desktop market. Servers (i.e., Xeons) come in sizes of 6-10 cores.

Sorry, the desktop market was what I meant. I hadn't followed the Haswell releases, and I wasn't sure if there was an 8-core Core i7, or plans for one. I knew about the Xeons, but I wasn't counting them. It'd be like asking if Mitsubishi makes any trucks (since the Raider)and answering that they make the Fuso. Technically correct, but not really the same thing.

Really, I get that a lot of PC gamers get buy with cheaper Core i5s and cards in the 550-650 range, but a 64-bit OS and 8GB of RAM has been pretty basic for PC gamers for at least 3-4 years now, so I'm not sure how big a deal this news is.

an x64 OS isn't a problem, but I'm pretty sure I'd barely be able to run that if at all based the rest of my hardware.

Core i7-3610QM; geforce GT650M 2GB; and 8GB of ram.

an x64 OS isn't a problem, but I'm pretty sure I'd barely be able to run that if at all based the rest of my hardware.

Core i7-3610QM; geforce GT650M 2GB; and 8GB of ram.

Ah, mobile.

Seems like with laptops, you can either get one that's sort of normal-looking and compromise on the GPU, or you get one that's as thick and heavy as two regular laptops taped together. I'm guessing you went with option 1?

While I do 90% of my gaming on a desktop, I bought a laptop because I travel a bit, and I like to game on the go (seriously, Civ V was the only thing I had to do in the evenings in China when we were visiting the wife's family, and they were all into some spy show). I went with an i7-3630QM, 8GB of RAM, and GTX 660M. I kind of regret it, because it was out-dated pretty much from the minute I got it, but I didn't want to lug a tank half way around the world and back.