All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Hooray for me. I just got around to playing the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox and finally beat it. Yay!

Now...If I could just find my copy of Ocarina of Time...

Edited by myk

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hooray for me. I just got around to playing the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox and finally beat it. Yay!

Now...If I could just find my copy of Ocarina of Time...

that's one hard game!!!! :ohmy: (unless you got the black edition with the easy setting)

get a 3ds and play ocarina on it. I got the zelda edition 3ds, loved it...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

i was going to post that last night that Kenji is doing a kickstarter campaigne. i hope they raise their target goal to develop the game as so many cried out when capcom canned the mega/rock man franchise.

i was going to post that last night that Kenji is doing a kickstarter campaigne. i hope they raise their target goal to develop the game as so many cried out when capcom canned the mega/rock man franchise.

It's a little sad that Inafune has to rip off IP he created because the owners of the IP can't/won't do jack with it these days. But if that's what it takes to get anything remotely like Mega Man, then I'm backing it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Guys, here you go:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

link to if you want to contribute to Keniji Inafune's project.

he's raising 900,000 and is already at 855,541 at the moment of this post. the minimum you can contribute is a dollar usd so it's a small price to help out :)

if you donate 20 bucks, you'll get a digital copy of the game when it comes out in April 2015.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

EVE: Valkyrie:

CCP Games, makers of EVE Online and Dust 514, is making a bet on Oculus Rift with what appears to be a multiplayer space fighter sim. Not many details are available, but given CCP's other games, it will undoubtedly be multiplayer, undoubtedly PvP oriented, and most likely set in the same universe as EVE Online.

I have been an EVE player on and off over the years and currently playing Dust 514. In theory Dust 514 and EVE Online coexisting in the same universe sounded like something groundbreaking, but for now they feel like 2 separate games with minimal tie-ins. As a result, I'm skeptical about Valkyrie's ability to coexist with the other two games... perhaps this might be a good chance to add some separation between this new game and the other 2. EVE is so rich of lore, that they can probably hammer out a beautiful single player / coop campaign.

Get ready for yet another game that draws out the worse in all of us, more player shenanigans, more meta gaming, more drama, and more QQ.

Metal+Gear+Introduction+Picture.jpg

Hard to believe it's the 15th anniversary of MGS. It was whole reason I asked my parents for a Playstation for Christmas. I got Final Fantasy 7 as my first game (which turned out to be a big win aswell.)

The fight with Sniper Wolf in the snowfield is still one of the most memorable boss scene's in the series for me and one of the saddest aswell.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow, sony just came out with a device called the Playstation Vita TV. Works like a roku or apple tv box + vita hardware inside.

Let's you play your vita,psp and psone games on your tv. (edite: Special bundle will come with a dsc 3 controlloer and 8 gb memory card for 14280yen, stand alone unit will be 9480yen)

It has a slot for psvita games, vita memory card, usb 2.0 slot, hdmi (1080i) and 1gb flash internal.

on thing i forgot to mention. it streams ps4 games/content!!! so you could have your ps4 stream to all the rooms in the house... a lot of potential.

for about 9480yen this is a nifty device. an economical way for sony to draw people into vita games

Edited by davidwhangchoi

They also announced a cheaper and slimmer, with built in memory (1GB), Vita model (albeit, without the OLED screen, going for LCD instead). What piqued my interest most, though, is the video that they put out (similar to the social features one that was released about a month ago, cept in Japan), where one of the actors takes the vita to a cafe, and remote plays with the PS4 in her house.

That'd be cool!

Also, Mobile Suit Gundam announced for PS4 as well (though no North American release info).

That commercial, as ridiculously cheesy as it is, does a really good job of showing off the Playstation brand as an ecosystem. Too bad actual college is nothing even close to that :)

I think Sony might start to phase out the older vitas since (I would assume) they are more expensive to manufacture (OLED screen mainly), and phase in these new cheaper vitas.

If that's the case, I'd jump on a vita now (the OLED screen really is beautiful, and I don't think an LCD could keep up).

Guest davidwhangchoi

They also announced a cheaper and slimmer, with built in memory (1GB), Vita model (albeit, without the OLED screen, going for LCD instead).

Cheaper price and better battery life. essential for a portable. i sold my vita a while back.. but this and the potential remote play w/ ps4 makes me think about getting it again...

wonder if the 1gb is internal or a separate card.

Cheaper price and better battery life. essential for a portable. i sold my vita a while back.. but this and the potential remote play w/ ps4 makes me think about getting it again...

wonder if the 1gb is internal or a separate card.

It's internal I believe. To be honest, it'll probably be $180 - $200 if it ever hits North America. I would pick up the original vita now if I can, as I think the OLED is worth it compared to an hour extra battery life.

Wow, sony just came out with a device called the Playstation Vita TV. Works like a roku or apple tv box + vita hardware inside.

Let's you play your vita,psp and psone games on your tv. (edite: Special bundle will come with a dsc 3 controlloer and 8 gb memory card for 14280yen, stand alone unit will be 9480yen)

It has a slot for psvita games, vita memory card, usb 2.0 slot, hdmi (1080i) and 1gb flash internal.

on thing i forgot to mention. it streams ps4 games/content!!! so you could have your ps4 stream to all the rooms in the house... a lot of potential.

for about 9480yen this is a nifty device. an economical way for sony to draw people into vita games

I was pretty excited for this when I first heard about it, but the catch is that it doesn't work with games that use the touchscreen. So Wipeout, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, etc... basically most of the good games for the Vita are out.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's internal I believe. To be honest, it'll probably be $180 - $200 if it ever hits North America. I would pick up the original vita now if I can, as I think the OLED is worth it compared to an hour extra battery life.

the oled screen has some retention problems. "mura effect" i don't think it was that great... i thought i had a faulty screen until i read the forums...

I was pretty excited for this when I first heard about it, but the catch is that it doesn't work with games that use the touchscreen. So Wipeout, Uncharted, Gravity Rush, etc... basically most of the good games for the Vita are out.

that's pretty much the complete vita library...

interesting... i wonder what solutions are they offering since sony is advertising this with the vita name attached and releasing it with a dual shock 3...

the press release said that through a future software update, a ps4 controller will be compatible... perhaps the touch screen on the ps4 pad can be implemented to use for vita games.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

EVE: Valkyrie:

CCP Games, makers of EVE Online and Dust 514, is making a bet on Oculus Rift with what appears to be a multiplayer space fighter sim. Not many details are available, but given CCP's other games, it will undoubtedly be multiplayer, undoubtedly PvP oriented, and most likely set in the same universe as EVE Online.

I have been an EVE player on and off over the years and currently playing Dust 514. In theory Dust 514 and EVE Online coexisting in the same universe sounded like something groundbreaking, but for now they feel like 2 separate games with minimal tie-ins. As a result, I'm skeptical about Valkyrie's ability to coexist with the other two games... perhaps this might be a good chance to add some separation between this new game and the other 2. EVE is so rich of lore, that they can probably hammer out a beautiful single player / coop campaign.

Get ready for yet another game that draws out the worse in all of us, more player shenanigans, more meta gaming, more drama, and more QQ.

It's becoming more and more like Call of Duty with both play and real money.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Anybody have some old games still locked up in storage? check out the retroconN 5 out putting hdmi 720p

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/12/4724228/retron-5-pre-orders-open-plays-multiple-classic-console-games

The RetroN 5 allows you to play your favorite NES, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA cartridges on one system.