All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Seriously considering making the switch from PS4 to Xbox One for Titanfall alone, but I'm worried the second I make the switch and commit, Naughty Dog will announce some crazy awesome game like Uncharted 4 or Atlus will throw down Persona 5 as a PS4 exclusive or something along those lines.

Decisions decisions.....

Titanfall is a timed exclusive. At the very least it's coming out on PC.

Titanfall is a timed exclusive. At the very least it's coming out on PC.

I know man, but I don't have a decent rig to run it (and if I started to build one now, I know I'd go overboard and start throwing in a GTX 780 and what-not, which is stuff I don't really need).

Guest davidwhangchoi

Seriously considering making the switch from PS4 to Xbox One for Titanfall alone, but I'm worried the second I make the switch and commit, Naughty Dog will announce some crazy awesome game like Uncharted 4 or Atlus will throw down Persona 5 as a PS4 exclusive or something along those lines.

Decisions decisions.....

At the least you'll have HALO to lean on... I dont think a less powerful gpu w kinect is worth a 100 bucks more. However, Titanfall looks ultra smooth now that it's by the hands of infinity ward's founder and 2/3rds of the original staff that migrated over from activision. Edited by davidwhangchoi

At the least you'll have HALO to lean on... I dont think a less powerful gpu w kinect is worth a 100 bucks more. However, Titanfall looks ultra smooth now that it's by the hands of infinity ward's founder and 2/3rds of the original staff that migrated over from activision.

Problem is that I despise Halo....a lot. So to be honest, I'd be leaning completely on Titanfall, which may not warrant switching out from a brand (playstation) that I've already heavily invested in (tons of digital media/games purchased, ps plus, I have a ps vita, etc.)

Meh, I might just stick with playstation and wait for Titanfall or the inevitable sequal to get ported over (crossing fingers that this happens).

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm just getting a launch ps4 to flip, use the profit to get the ps4 after the holidays. if it doesn't sell or profit is not worth selling, i'll just open it for the holidays. win win.

i would wait and see how each console initially sells and the software sales attached for each console. hopefully the cod, battlefield 4 will give an indicator where the majority of the console online community will migrate to for the next gen.

maybe people will still remain on their 360s for online gaming.

Problem is that I despise Halo....a lot. So to be honest, I'd be leaning completely on Titanfall, which may not warrant switching out from a brand (playstation) that I've already heavily invested in (tons of digital media/games purchased, ps plus, I have a ps vita, etc.)

Meh, I might just stick with playstation and wait for Titanfall or the inevitable sequal to get ported over (crossing fingers that this happens).

There's no big reason to buy either console at launch, just wait for Titanfall to come out and if you still love it after watching some gameplay videos then pick up the X1 bundle without kinect.

There's no big reason to buy either console at launch, just wait for Titanfall to come out and if you still love it after watching some gameplay videos then pick up the X1 bundle without kinect.

Kinect is part of the system. There will be no bundles without it, MS has stated this several times.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/microsoft-xbox-one-will-never-come-without-kinect

Edited by Duke Togo

Kinect is part of the system. There will be no bundles without it, MS has stated this several times.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/microsoft-xbox-one-will-never-come-without-kinect

At least they'll let you unplug it or turn it off now.

http://techland.time.com/2013/08/13/xbox-one-lets-you-turn-off-kinect-not-that-youd-want-to/

Seriously considering making the switch from PS4 to Xbox One for Titanfall alone

How is it that this game seems to be getting a crap ton of hype, yet it's not even on my radar? And I don't mean that in a "What's this game you keep talking about, I'm not familiar with it?" way. I mean it in a, "another shooter... meh" kind of way. I'm not saying that it looks bad or anything, but it looks like the kind of game I'd buy for $20 or less on a Steam sale while crossing my fingers in the hopes that the single-player campaign is longer than 4 hours. Certainly not a game that would sell me a console.

In any case, it probably shouldn't sell you one, either. It's almost certainly coming to PS4 eventually.

Guest davidwhangchoi

How is it that this game seems to be getting a crap ton of hype, yet it's not even on my radar? And I don't mean that in a "What's this game you keep talking about, I'm not familiar with it?" way. I mean it in a, "another shooter... meh" kind of way. I'm not saying that it looks bad or anything, but it looks like the kind of game I'd buy for $20 or less on a Steam sale while crossing my fingers in the hopes that the single-player campaign is longer than 4 hours. Certainly not a game that would sell me a console.

In any case, it probably shouldn't sell you one, either. It's almost certainly coming to PS4 eventually.

agree, it most certainly will but they can't say anything due to the financial exclusivity money dished out by Microsoft for a timed exclusive.

same thing for the pc version of GTA V which is all but confirmed. but won't be aknowledged until after the console copies are sold. to avoid undercutting profits on the console platform (nvidia).

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's nice and all but when sales start to slip because no one wants to spend $100 extra for a peripheral they wont use microsoft will throw kinect to the side. I'm guessing they have a bunch of them already built and realize no one want them so they are pushing kinect for the first release to clean out warehouses.

Titanfall looks cool, too bad it is multiplayer only. Strange as it sounds I play games for the story. One of many reasons that I don't buy consoles.

With this and BF4 on my list, I wish I had more time for these games...

That's nice and all but when sales start to slip because no one wants to spend $100 extra for a peripheral they wont use microsoft will throw kinect to the side. I'm guessing they have a bunch of them already built and realize no one want them so they are pushing kinect for the first release to clean out warehouses.

Sales already slipped, which is why they backtracked on everything they have so far. I think backing off on the Kinect is a bridge too far for Microsoft.

Checking the pre-order charts, it's mind-boggling to see CoD: Ghosts and BF4 for the PS4 outselling the Xbox One versions. Xbox has always been the go-to console for FPS players, and the 360's versions of those games always outsell the PS3 versions.

Titanfall looks cool, too bad it is multiplayer only. Strange as it sounds I play games for the story. One of many reasons that I don't buy consoles.

Multiplayer only? Forget what I said earlier about buying it if it were less than $20 on Steam. No single player, no sale.

LAME, big N, seriously.

i mean, don't you people think you've gotten yourselves in dire enough straits with your own damned Wii-effin'-U?!? :blink::unsure::blink:

damn, i actually remember when you guys were the cat's ass, or at least something approaching it... :unsure:

Edited by Shaorin

Honestly, unless this is for your 5 year old or something,

That's exactly what it's for. 5-year-olds playing Pokemon. 3D is bad for young eyes, even Nintendo says so.

So a cheap, child-friendly Pokemon-machine. May not sell zillions, but it'll allay the fears of any parent who worries about "3D hurting their eyes".

That's exactly what it's for. 5-year-olds playing Pokemon. 3D is bad for young eyes, even Nintendo says so.

So a cheap, child-friendly Pokemon-machine. May not sell zillions, but it'll allay the fears of any parent who worries about "3D hurting their eyes".

This. My 6-year old nephew told me he wants a 3DS for his birthday. Kid doesn't know how to take care of his stuff yet, and it's not like he's going to carry it around with him. He's going to play with it in the house, because his sisters don't want to play with him. 2DS should be fine for him.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nintendo 2ds for $130 bucks. Yeah, that just happened, and it's.......well, kinda ugly in my opinion.

Honestly, unless this is for your 5 year old or something, I'd pony up the extra 20 - 30 bucks and get a legit 3ds, or even a bit more and get a 3ds XL (which is what I have).

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

i wonder how the battery life is... my zelda edition doesn't last long so it stays on the cradle all the time. i heard the 3ds XL has better battery life but i don't like the color options so far. i'm holding out for a blk cover version.

the ds lite's battery lasted forever. truly a portable that you can take on long trips without a charge.

looks like the wii u is dropping in price... i hope it hits the 99 mark within a 1-2 years,

i want to play the successor of xenoblade,

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i wonder how the battery life is... my zelda edition doesn't last long so it stays on the cradle all the time. i heard the 3ds XL has better battery life but i don't like the color options so far. i'm holding out for a blk cover version.

The black one came out about a week ago :) I bought a blue xl, and have loved it so far. Fire Emblem is amazing, and I've just got started on shin megami tensei 4, which looks promising.

Worth it in my opinion

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh snap Nintendo read my mind. looks like i need to go shopping. Thanks Archer.

the 2ds i'm going to check it out. it looks comfortable to hold for long hours. i heard it's designed so you can lay down on your bed and rest it on your stomach vertically while playing. my hands always get numb playing my 3ds. the psp was the worst at hand cramping

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nintendo 2ds for $130 bucks. Yeah, that just happened, and it's.......well, kinda ugly in my opinion.

Honestly, unless this is for your 5 year old or something, I'd pony up the extra 20 - 30 bucks and get a legit 3ds, or even a bit more and get a 3ds XL (which is what I have).

you're right on the money, the 2ds is aimed for very young kids.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/29/4671052/nintendo-2ds-targeting-demographic-of-very-young-kids-says-nintendo

-read that it's heavier 3ds and battery life is no better than the original 3ds.

no the point of getting this...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I will say, I know nintendo doesn't suggest 3D use for kids under 7 (I don't even use it for long, since it drains battery), but I don't actually think there is any scientific evidence to suggest that damage occurs with 3D. 3D's not even an issue with the eyes, but rather, the brains integration of two visual fields. The eye will simply perceive what it sees, even in young children. In babies, the eye is developed, but it's the babies own cognition and use of the eyes that isn't developed to the point where they can shift focus, etc. like older individuals (but you wouldn't be giving a baby a DS anyhow).

I believe I've even read that some physicians have suggested that allowing a child to see 3D might tip off professionals to potential issues in the case that they can't see 3D correctly (such as in the case of being cross-eyed, need for vision correction, etc. ).

I'm sure Nintendo makes it's suggestions as a cautionary statement against the unknown (modern autostereoscopy is still fairly uncharted territory health wise, since the integration of two images relies more heavily on the brain rather than in the case of active or passive 3D lens ).

That being said, I know there is a huge stigma against extensive 3D, and I know a lot of people get discomfort, especially when moving around while using the 3D, so the 2DS might still be a good move for that reason alone.

Edited by Archer

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

Seriously it looks like a Toy from the 80s. If Nintendo continues like this, they might go down.