All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

The Zynga thing's confirmed now. And given Zynga's own state of affairs, I'm guessing that Mattrick's decisions are less "I think I'm going to leave Microsoft to find awesome new opportunities at Zynga" and more "Crap, I need a job fast before Microsoft cans me for the PR nightmare that was the Xbox One reveal!"

Ballmer takes over Mattrick...MS have not learned anything it appears.

Microsoft CEO Said to Give Bates Mergers Role in Revamp

Now we know they didn't learn anything.

[sarcasm] And apparently now you'll need that Kinect to use that XBone 'cuz it's gonna have that Ribbon or Metro Modern-UI interface which requires touch but since most TVs don't have touch-interfaces....KINECT! Oh and that spankin' new Xbox controller is obsolete now that the Windows chief is in charge of hardware engineering. TOUCH-UI! "USABLE"-UI[/sarcasm]

So, after a year of using my cruddy 4 GB ps vita card, and needing to constantly delete an old game before I can download a new one on the ps vita, I went out and purchased a 16 GB vita card.

Man! I can see now why the vita isn't selling. These cards are EXPENSIVE!! Sony's proprietary tech is so unecessary.

Bah, atleast I'll be able to fit all my games on it now....

So, after a year of using my cruddy 4 GB ps vita card, and needing to constantly delete an old game before I can download a new one on the ps vita, I went out and purchased a 16 GB vita card.

Man! I can see now why the vita isn't selling. These cards are EXPENSIVE!! Sony's proprietary tech is so unecessary.

Bah, atleast I'll be able to fit all my games on it now....

I'm on my third 32gb...

Edited by Keith

Don't know why but I got the sudden urge to break out the N64. Ocarina of Time, Star Fox and Mario Kart bring back happier days and simpler times. I'm sad that I couldn't find Mario 64; getting all 120 stars in that game was difficult and it would've been nice to have played that masterpiece of a game again...

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I bought the Vita for WipEout and Uncharted. Didn't care for Gravity Rush. I'd probably give up and sell my Vita but it has Persona 4 Golden, which makes it awesome by default.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I bought the Vita for WipEout and Uncharted. Didn't care for Gravity Rush. I'd probably give up and sell my Vita but it has Persona 4 Golden, which makes it awesome by default.

Haha, those were the first 3 games I purchased for Vita (I also ended up buying Gravity Rush, MGS HD, and recently, Jak and Daxter).

For what it's worth, I'm glad I bought a vita since it's been picking up recently, and remote play with PS4 adds huge value in my eyes.

I'm somewhat upset that nearly every game I purchased for vita, I could have gotten for free since I now have ps plus though....

Just started TLoU. Man, you'd have to have been lobotomized not to feel anything during that intro clip.

And yes, now I understand why you guys said the humans were more dangerous than the infected zombies. The AI is scary! I threw a brick to get some guy's attention, hoping to sneak up behind him, but he stopped way short of where I wanted him to be. I tried a second time, and the whole crew came over to search the area!

The AI here is leagues smarter than what I faced in Hitman - Absolution.

I keep hearing great things about the Last of Us. I was almost tempted to buy it, even though I haven't had a lot of free time for games since I started grad school, and what time I do have has been almost exclusively on PC.

Lucky me, I have a buddy who's really into zombies, really wanted to play the Last of Us, doesn't own a PS3, and didn't really want to buy one. I loaned him my PS3 on the condition that he gives me his copy of the Last of Us when he returns it.

I keep hearing great things about the Last of Us. I was almost tempted to buy it, even though I haven't had a lot of free time for games since I started grad school, and what time I do have has been almost exclusively on PC.

Lucky me, I have a buddy who's really into zombies, really wanted to play the Last of Us, doesn't own a PS3, and didn't really want to buy one. I loaned him my PS3 on the condition that he gives me his copy of the Last of Us when he returns it.

Saw someone on reddit who used the same trick with his Xbox owning friend :D

Hyperdimension-Neptunia_REGULARBOX_PS3_U

packaging-001_zpsd66e7468.jpg

- just picked both of these up second hand. they look and sound promising to me, but please feel free to share opinions... :)

ram_zps17b494b8.jpg

:wub:Adorable!!

Edited by Shaorin

- just picked both of these up second hand. they look and sound promising to me, but please feel free to share opinions... :)

Well, the reviews aren't so hot. I tend to prefer games that are good to games that have underage anime girls.

3p1a36.jpg

Now, as for a new Ace Combat game, I'm going to hold off on getting excited just yet. Ace Combat 6 was pretty so-so, and Ace Combat Horizon flat out sucked. Like, I-wil-never-finish-the-game-because-I-don't-hate-myself-that-much sucked. Platform's going to be an issue, too. For the first time since the Saturn, I'm thinking about skipping a console, that being the Xbone. Plus, while I intend to eventually get a PS4, I'm not going to be in a hurry for it.

But hey, if they announce that Infinity is going to be more Ace Combat 4-5-Zero-X and on a platform I already have, then yeah, I'll be super stoked.

That was my thought too. The Ulysses asteroid is partly responsible for the proliferation of all the super weapons we've seen in the AC games.

But yea... no more door gunner and/or helicopter action please. It was one of the main reasons Assault Horizon felt like a dumb and unfocused rail shooter.

Edited by Ghost Train

That was my thought too. The Ulysses asteroid is partly responsible for the proliferation of all the super weapons we've seen in the AC games.

But yea... no more door gunner and/or helicopter action please. It was one of the main reasons Assault Horizon felt like a dumb and unfocused rail shooter.

It wasn't even the door gunner/helicopter stuff that killed it. They ruined the jet combat by making it so that missiles were borderline useless and enemies had a tendency to cuddle up as close as possible, practically forcing you into that dumb mode were you do a scripted move then zoom in while you pelt the guy with gun fire.

They didn't "practically" force you, they DID force you by making every goddamned TGT_LEAD immune to critical damage until you activated DFM.

The helicopters were bad because of retarded stationary barrel rolls 20 feet off the ground and the fact that you took no collision damage whatsoever.

Glad to see they are bringing strangereal back. But unless there are other continents which also affected heavily by the asteroid shower, that means we either going back to Anea, or Usea then.

Playable younger yellow-13 anyone?