All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

E3 news:

Microsoft keynote:

-Xbox 360 is being updated with new design to match slim design of Xbox1 along with new hardware. Available today.

-Xbox Live Gold will offer 2 free games/month starting July 2013. First games released are Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3.

-Microsoft Points is ending in favor of real money.

-Studio Uploads game DVR allows you to store and upload gameplay vids.

-$499 USD, available in November 2013. Preorders at some retailers are up.

Meh, honestly in the entire 5 years of owning my 360 I've never rented a game, borrowed or loaned a game from someone, bought or traded in a used game from any retailer besides Gamestop, and played with my Xbox offline all of maybe 3 times.

But hey, enjoy you're cabin in the woods. The fresh air and nature is good for you.

well good for effin' you. :angry: not everyone is able to jump on each and every VG title that interests them the moment it hits market.

for those of us, the secondary market is a great boon and the only real option... <_<

Dead Rising 3 looked fun and so did titanfall but they aren't going to be enough to sell me on the X1. Also $500 is a bit high, you'd think they would learn from playstations mistakes with the ps3's price on launch.

Just when I stop watching...

As soon as I saw the snow I start chanting "Hoth, Hoth, Hoth," and then BAM! Crowd erupts, I'm jumping up and down... I'm so jazzed for this.

Battlefront teaser:

Edited by Duke Togo

They just totally piped in crowd noise for their UFC reveal. Camera is showing the crowd sitting there quietly watching, and it sounds like a crowd of 20,000 is on their feet cheering.

Edited by Duke Togo

Like I said before I love my Xbox 360 but this Xbone crap is garbage. None of those exclusives change my mind about owning a supreme DRM juggernaut.

Battlefront could be awesome. Please SONY no crazy DRM. Thanks.

You pay for Live--those games aren't free.

If it works like PS+, you also won't be able to play them anymore if you cancel XBL Gold.

The problem with most of what I heard today is that I have no idea how much of it is XBone exclusive. New Battlefront and Witcher 3? Heck yeah... but will they come to PC?

Forza 5 is the only game I know for sure that's XBone exclusive that I really do want to play (since Forza 4 and Forza Horizon were the last two Xbox 360 games I put any serious time into), but I sure as heck don't want to play Forza 5 $500 worth.

I'll check out Sony's presser later, then probably go right back to my PC.

You pay for Live--those games aren't free.

your point being? I'm happy because it's games I want. I lost my copy of Halo 3 years ago and I've been meaning to play Assassins creed 2 for the longest time but never got around to it. Also, I just paid for a year of XBL three weeks ago before I knew about this so for me they are free.

If it works like PS+, you also won't be able to play them anymore if you cancel XBL Gold.

The problem with most of what I heard today is that I have no idea how much of it is XBone exclusive. New Battlefront and Witcher 3? Heck yeah... but will they come to PC?

Forza 5 is the only game I know for sure that's XBone exclusive that I really do want to play (since Forza 4 and Forza Horizon were the last two Xbox 360 games I put any serious time into), but I sure as heck don't want to play Forza 5 $500 worth.

I'll check out Sony's presser later, then probably go right back to my PC.

Battlefront and Witcher were always PC-first titles, I assume the same stands now. I would expect both to be multi-platform, as well.

Battlefront and Witcher were always PC-first titles, I assume the same stands now. I would expect both to be multi-platform, as well.

Unfortunately, us PC gamers usually get screwed when Microsoft decides to play games when it comes to Xbox. There's a good chance they will come to PC and that's great but they tend to be console-ports and we've been burned too many times to believe Microsoft.

Unfortunately, us PC gamers usually get screwed when Microsoft decides to play games when it comes to Xbox. There's a good chance they will come to PC and that's great but they tend to be console-ports and we've been burned too many times to believe Microsoft.

Neither is developed by MS. Battlefront was shown during the EA presser, not MS. Witcher 3 has, I'm almost certain, been announced as multi-platform.

Yes, Witcher 3 confirmed PS4, PC, and XBone

As long as there's no game-breaking bug, I've actually hit a point where I'd rather play even a console port on PC than actually on a console. At least with "next-gen" graphics maybe consoles ports won't look like butt anymore on my PC.

And hey, there's been some pretty good PC versions of console games, too. Sleeping Dogs comes to mind.

Any game with a history of user-made content, I'll stick with PC. If EA kills that for Battlefront 3, they might not shoot themselves in the foot, but they'll be taking a groin shot to the fans.

The thought of having to deal with EA's nonsense online crap though makes me think I'd rather just stick to mods for Battlefront II.

I really miss games that had a local hosting option.

Edited by Chronocidal

Any game with a history of user-made content, I'll stick with PC. If EA kills that for Battlefront 3, they might not shoot themselves in the foot, but they'll be taking a groin shot to the fans.

The thought of having to deal with EA's nonsense online crap though makes me think I'd rather just stick to mods for Battlefront II.

Battlefront game made by DICE using the Frostbite 3 engine? How can you not be excited about that!?

Excited yes, but honestly, Battlefront was never Battlefield. I'm not sure I want a realistic Battlefront game. It was always half cartoony/cheesy, with a lot of silly mechanics that were just for fun. Case in point, the Ewoks vs Stormtrooper maps, or other things like that.

And anyway, I'm more concerned about EA borking it up with DLC and other crap you have to pay extra for before you can do what the old games already included.

Edited by Chronocidal

Battlefront game made by DICE using the Frostbite 3 engine? How can you not be excited about that!?

Guess you haven't used Origin.

And anyway, I'm more concerned about EA borking it up with DLC and other crap you have to pay extra for before you can do what the old games already included.

This is EA. They'll find a way to get your monies.