All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Loved that part. I kept wishing he'd fist-bump some of the others at random, but I understand the specialness of this one.

They totally need to make some of those chibi Doomguy models. I'd love to have one sitting on my desk.

Edited by frothymug

funny thing, I have my X1 hooked up to a small computer monitor on a desk and use headphones through the headset port on the controller. it's basically a desktop setup but a console instead of a mini-tower and a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard.

anyways this is the best part of DOOM so far for me:

Doomguy is Baymax? THAT'S a plot twist I didn't see coming.

you guys waiting for gundam breaker 3 asia release for english localization?

Well, I finally caved on GB3, since I was a big fan of the first two and I moved my PS4 out of the entertainment center and into my room so I can play after my daughter goes to bed. Even though I thought the first two were fine as an English-speaker with limited Japanese skills, I got the Asian version with English menus and subtitles.

I'm still pretty early in the game.

I just won the town cup and unlocked the ability to add build parts.

Overall, it's less changed from GB2 than 2 was from the first one. It does look a little nicer on the PS4 and that does make it pretty easy to dive right back in, but there's a "been there, done that" cloud hanging over the game. I'll say that a part's level matters more than what the part is, even more so than in GB2. I know that was one of the changes they tried to make in 2... you were pretty much shoehorned into using certain parts because they were just better. GB2 tried to make it so that level mattered, so if you wanted to keep rocking that Zaku head you could just level it up, but in practice it just meant that some leveled-up parts were better than other parts at the same level. Not so in GB3. A level 1 RX-78 torso has the same stats as a level 1 RX-178 torso, so you really can use whatever parts give you your favorite look. Some parts to have abilities, though, that make make them better. However, if you merge them with other parts, the other parts might inherit those abilities.

The other big change are build parts, which aren't available at the start. These work a little like the items you could equip in GB and GB2, but they also mod your look. For example, you don't just equip a sturmfaust in an item slot. Now, you would actually mount it on your Gunpla's leg. If you're not a fan of those parts messing up your Gunpla's look, don't worry. You can use other, internal build parts like special polycaps to give your stats a boost.

If you've never played a Gundam Breaker game, GB3 is a good place to start. It's still fun to build a gunpla with the parts you collect and paint it the way you want it to look, and the core gameplay is still a fun but repetitive hack-n-slash affair. If you played a lot of the first two, though, GB3 feels more like GB2.5 than a meaningful step forward.

XCOM 2 is on sale on Steam this weekend. I've played the heck out XCOM: EU, but for those of you who are in the know, do I miss any story or content by skipping the EW expansion? I understand that it's just a retelling of the same story, but with new units and enemies, right? I think I will get XCOM 2 tomorrow, so I want to make sure I get all of the necessary know-how.

Enemy within is an expansion on the base game that includes new allies and abilities, enemies and a few council missions. You aren't missing out on anything story related between 1 and 2 by skipping it so I'd say go ahead with 2.

FYI. E3 2016 started today with some announcement trailers, the EA press conference, and the Bethesda press conference.

The next Xbox, Xbox One S, has leaked, but the official announcement and clear idea of the specs should be coming later in the week.

FYI. E3 2016 started today with some announcement trailers, the EA press conference, and the Bethesda press conference.

The next Xbox, Xbox One S, has leaked, but the official announcement and clear idea of the specs should be coming later in the week.

No new specs, the S is just the slim version of the current X1. Scorpio, or whatever Microsoft decides to call it, is the new X1 with the beefier specs, hopefully we'll hear some news later today.

Wow, they should call the Scorpio system the X box One R because Xboner seems appropriate.

can confirm accuracy of boner.

Titanfall... Quake... Prey... it's like Christmas came early, and then you realize you actually have to wait until Christmas... of next year... :( :( :(

No new specs, the S is just the slim version of the current X1. Scorpio, or whatever Microsoft decides to call it, is the new X1 with the beefier specs, hopefully we'll hear some news later today.

They added HDMI 2.0, and 4K/HDR, choice of 2TB HDD and a slimmer controller with bluetooth built in. They also changed the power supply. The S is not just a slim version of the One. They removed the Kinect port and it will need a special adapter to use it, which they are giving out for free when you buy an S.

Scorpio is still something completely new.

Edited by Chewie

They added HDMI 2.0, and 4K/HDR, choice of 2TB HDD and a slimmer controller with bluetooth built in. They also changed the power supply. The S is not just a slim version of the One. They removed the Kinect port and it will need a special adapter to use it, which they are giving out for free when you buy an S.

Scorpio is still something completely new.

I don't really consider that new specs, new specs to me would mean actual hardware changes, better GPU etc. Adding more modern USB support and 4K streaming where available aren't really new specs, just new features. No built in Kinect support is pretty expected as well, I can't imagine too many people still using theirs, nice that they're adding an adapter for the few that still want to use it though.

It's a shame they scrapped the space bounty hunter idea in the cancelled prey 2, the new one just seems boring in comparison.

I'm liking the space survival horror vibe though. I've been wanting something in that vain for a while now.

What is this? What does this have to do with Resident evil? Does Capcom just not understand what a Resident Evil game is?

Capcom died during the great Clover exodus, and they buried the corpse when Inafune left.

I have been ignoring all Capcom-developed software for years.

Bafflingly, they are a weirdly competent PUBLISHER.

Capcom died during the great Clover exodus, and they buried the corpse when Inafune left.

I have been ignoring all Capcom-developed software for years.

Bafflingly, they are a weirdly competent PUBLISHER.

This, exactly. Capcom used to be one of my favorite developers, but I can't even remember the last time I bought a Capcom game that wasn't yet another re-release of Mega Man.

Well, E3 hasn't exactly wowed me yet. VR's starting to get interesting, but not enough for me to commit to a particular VR platform yet. EA was either stuff I already knew about, or stuff I don't care about. Ubi was a snooze fest. The most interesting thing out of MS was PC/Xbox One cross-buy. I'd say Sony had the best showing so far in terms of games I didn't know about but actually want to play.

If you're trying to destroy a spaceship, why would you board it? Otherwise, looks cool.

disable it's defenses, steal valuable intel before you blow it up, to just be a badass.

anyways, I haven't played a ghost recon game in a long time, but I'm liking where they're going with this one.