All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

The greatest horror game of all time is getting a remake. Make us whole Issac...

Absolutely agreed, Dead Space was perfection made survival horror, I put it up there with the best, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. That said, I feel a bit skummy supporting this, EA bought, then killed the original studio that made Dead Space, now they've got another team scavenging it's carcass to make a remake. I'm pretty mixed on this, I may wait for a sale before I buy in. 

Anyone else with GamePass, a new game I've had my eye on for months is dropping tomorrow, The Ascent. It looks like an absolutely blast, and it's quite gorgeous to boot, it's an isometric ARPG twin-stick shooter, in a cyberpunk setting. Think Diablo and Helldivers, but less emphasis on random loot, grinding and endgame. Devs have said 15-20 hours for just the main story, 30+ if you want to do, see and collect everything, side quests included. This is a really impressive looking indie IMO, and it was made by a dev team of just 12 people, that's insane! RPG elements, character customization, destructible environments, four player coop, there's a cover system, in an iso twin-stick shooter, it's pretty interesting. I have GamePass Ultimate so I'm absolutely in, I've been following it for about a half a year now, after Cyberpunk 2077 turned out to be far less then stellar I wanted a new, fully functional cyberpunk fix, this looks like it. 

3 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I like the Ragnarok, but it's being listed at around $150 at 1/120 scale. Kinda steep, and I still don't know if it's a kit or a pre-assembled figure.

HLJ hasn’t listed it as a model kit. I have the Arrow Head from that company preordered. I can let you know if it is a kit when I get it. 
I hope it is assembled and painted though.

[edit:] amiami lists the Ragnarok as: Pre-painted Complete Figure

Edited by Scyla

On 7/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, kajnrig said:

The price also suggests it's a prepainted figure. Though FYI, 1/120 is pretty small, probably the size of your hand.

A model kit of that scale would typically be around $15 to $30.

I was thinking it might be like one of those kits from RC Berg than can easily hit three figures.  A 1/120 scale prepainted figure at $150 still seems kinda steep, I'm hoping Good Smile/Freeing makes a Ragnarok  aside from the Albatross and Cerberus.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

I just got my import game box with Blaster Master Zero Trilogy today. All three games on one disk, WITH VOICE ACTING. So I spent a couple hours playing Blaster Master Zero 1 AGAIN. Just enough time to get to Eve so I could hear her voice work as well as Jason's.

*sigh* I now own THREE copies of BMZ2. The Trilogy version, the Limited Run Games version, and the Windows version...

*longer sigh* and FOUR copies of BMZ1, because I got it on 3DS in the first place... then rebought it on Windows when it stopped being a Nintendo exclusive so I could play it on a decent screen... and then bought the LRG two-pack because I wanted the shinies... and then bought Trilogy because voice acting... and I'm sure Inti Creates will manage to find one MORE way to get me to buy a game I already own before Blaster Master/MetaFight returns to slumber.

5 hours ago, JB0 said:

I just got my import game box with Blaster Master Zero Trilogy today. All three games on one disk, WITH VOICE ACTING. So I spent a couple hours playing Blaster Master Zero 1 AGAIN. Just enough time to get to Eve so I could hear her voice work as well as Jason's.

*sigh* I now own THREE copies of BMZ2. The Trilogy version, the Limited Run Games version, and the Windows version...

*longer sigh* and FOUR copies of BMZ1, because I got it on 3DS in the first place... then rebought it on Windows when it stopped being a Nintendo exclusive so I could play it on a decent screen... and then bought the LRG two-pack because I wanted the shinies... and then bought Trilogy because voice acting... and I'm sure Inti Creates will manage to find one MORE way to get me to buy a game I already own before Blaster Master/MetaFight returns to slumber.

You and I might be single-handedly keeping Inti Creates afloat. I own four copies of Azure Striker Gunvolt (DS, Windows, Switch, PS4), three of ASG2 (DS, Switch, PS4), two of Luminous Avenger ix (Switch, PS4), and three of each of the Bloodstained games (Switch, Windows, and PS4).

I have a tendency to buy games on PC for posterity (I have more faith that a PC I buy 10 years from now will play an old game than whatever consoles are available will be backwards compatible), but then again on whatever console I'm currently into. Switch got a lot of play when I was doing more traveling, but now the PS5 is the new hotness (even though I'm mostly buying PS4 games for it).

15 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

This almost went under my radar; PLUM just released a 1/100 scale kit of the fighter from RAIDEN:

poa38364_0.jpg.551f4443473098ddede8e6204e42ee4c.jpg

poa38364_2.jpg.9926a977c49fca0e115aec47816208bc.jpg

It's not based on the first game, it's based on its appearance from RAIDEN V, but shoot, it's still a RAIDEN fighter in kit form!

Thanks for this, HLJ had just enough in stock for me to grab a pair of them.  Gotta have two after all, one for each player. ^_^ 

13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Thanks for this, HLJ had just enough in stock for me to grab a pair of them.  Gotta have two after all, one for each player. ^_^ 

No sweat, I got one from them too.  I was going to get two also, but I'd bet PLUM will release a blue fighter kit later on.  PLUM has been a favorite kit maker of mine for a while now with their subject material being ships or mecha from games of yore.

7 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

You and I might be single-handedly keeping Inti Creates afloat. I own four copies of Azure Striker Gunvolt (DS, Windows, Switch, PS4), three of ASG2 (DS, Switch, PS4), two of Luminous Avenger ix (Switch, PS4), and three of each of the Bloodstained games (Switch, Windows, and PS4).

I have a tendency to buy games on PC for posterity (I have more faith that a PC I buy 10 years from now will play an old game than whatever consoles are available will be backwards compatible), but then again on whatever console I'm currently into. Switch got a lot of play when I was doing more traveling, but now the PS5 is the new hotness (even though I'm mostly buying PS4 games for it).

At least we're supporting some folks that are good at their job and seem to enjoy it.