All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I think this is the first Steam sale in awhile that I avoided buying anything.  I've got too much time and money tied up right now fixing stuff in my old house so I can hopefully still close on selling it at the end of the month.  What money I did allow myself to spend I used on an NES Classic and a SFC Mini.

• 2 weeks later...

PC Gamers are a bunch of uptight babies!

I downloaded a cheap game on Steam called Gary's Mod.  People create worlds on it and do multi-player games.  Joined a military RP.  Everyone on them is like so uptight.  "Don't speak unless ask permission" "Don't enter this room" "Blah Don't Blah" It is a game for Christ sake.   Unless people are saying racists comments just let them play.  I'm at my first debriefing.  My knowledge of the Keys isn't at 100%. 

A Sergeant Player is like "Do what I damn say"

I'm like "Trying to figure this out and don't use such bad language. It isn't nice."

Then an Admin with the Rank of General dropped the f-bomb.  Saying something like "you follow orders in my bleeping army."

And I'm all like "There's too much potty talk in this army."

My M-16 accidently fired a burst at the General.

14 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Then an Admin with the Rank of General dropped the f-bomb.  Saying something like "you follow orders in my bleeping army."

And I'm all like "There's too much potty talk in this army."

My M-16 accidently fired a burst at the General.

More like General Overcompensating.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here keep up with the FGC at all? Evo was last week and it was damned great. My highlights were all the character reveals (even The Walking Dead's Negan for Tekken 7), and the absolute most hilarious lowest of lows was the Smash 4 finale, when the Smash community collectively showed how classy they all are by booing the finalists for daring to choose a top-tier character. Apparently this harassment followed the two players all the way through the weekend, so during the finale they responded by yucking it up big time and doing absolutely nothing for a full minute and a half during one set. Just a poor showing all around for the entire Smash community, not just Lima or Captain Zack, not just Smash 4 fans, but the ENTIRE Smash 4 community.

I love watching me some Smash gameplay every now and then even though I hate playing it myself, but man that fanbase is the most toxic crap in existence. I didn't believe it for the longest time, but boy oh boy they sure do live down to their reputation.

9 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

DOOM is $10 on STEAM so I just bought and installed it today. Plays great and looks great at ultra settings on my GTX 1060 at over 100FPS but the gameplay is little dumb for my tastes. Some may like that but not me really.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm glad to see that they brought back the original plasma gun design as well as designs for the zombie troopers and the Arch-Vile. Doom Eternal looks like a day 1 buy for me. Also the arrival of Doomguy (I can't call him the Slayer) on Phobos was priceless.:D

Just finished Titanfall 2 for the second time. I love that game. Infinite warfare combined with armored core!

my only complaint is that it could have been a longer game , but I think it was a good call not to drag it on too long,also. 

Overall very satisfying and I will play it again on the very hard difficulty now. 

On 8/12/2018 at 10:54 AM, kajnrig said:

Anyone here keep up with the FGC at all? Evo was last week and it was damned great. My highlights were all the character reveals (even The Walking Dead's Negan for Tekken 7), and the absolute most hilarious lowest of lows was the Smash 4 finale, when the Smash community collectively showed how classy they all are by booing the finalists for daring to choose a top-tier character. Apparently this harassment followed the two players all the way through the weekend, so during the finale they responded by yucking it up big time and doing absolutely nothing for a full minute and a half during one set. Just a poor showing all around for the entire Smash community, not just Lima or Captain Zack, not just Smash 4 fans, but the ENTIRE Smash 4 community.

I love watching me some Smash gameplay every now and then even though I hate playing it myself, but man that fanbase is the most toxic crap in existence. I didn't believe it for the longest time, but boy oh boy they sure do live down to their reputation.

Yeah the Smash community in general is really, really gross for these kinds of things. Bayonetta is a top tier character, who would've thought people would use her? Then the idiots did indeed boo the final match, disgusting, immature, and disgraceful. I love how the one guy flipped the crowd the bird as he went off stage, that would be my response to those antisocial, moronic virgins as well. I remember when it was Diddy Kong, and the guy from Punch Out, these "communities" keep finding things to bitch about, and ways to bitch about people playing and enjoying the game. Smash at EVO was something I wanted to watch, but Smash has the worst fighting game community IMO, and that says a lot and goes a long way.

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

I'm glad to see that they brought back the original plasma gun design as well as designs for the zombie troopers and the Arch-Vile. Doom Eternal looks like a day 1 buy for me. Also the arrival of Doomguy (I can't call him the Slayer) on Phobos was priceless.:D

Absolutely agreed! NewDoom was by a mile, one of the greatest FPS ever made, with some of the most gripping, in the moment action of any FPS ever made, truly a masterpiece. Eternal looks incredible, all the throw backs to classic designs, all of the little added gameplay improvements like the "grappling", and even that tasty looking little dash move. If Doom's gameplay is dumb, every FPS that isn't Doom is a dated vegetable in comparison.

6 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yeah the Smash community in general is really, really gross for these kinds of things. Bayonetta is a top tier character, who would've thought people would use her? Then the idiots did indeed boo the final match, disgusting, immature, and disgraceful. I love how the one guy flipped the crowd the bird as he went off stage, that would be my response to those antisocial, moronic virgins as well. I remember when it was Diddy Kong, and the guy from Punch Out, these "communities" keep finding things to bitch about, and ways to bitch about people playing and enjoying the game. Smash at EVO was something I wanted to watch, but Smash has the worst fighting game community IMO, and that says a lot and goes a long way.

I should clarify that what the players did was in equally poor taste, but I have more sympathy for them acting the way they did than the crowd, who collectively simply misdirected their dislike of the game and development choices towards Lima and Captain Zack.

But regardless of who shares the lion's share of the blame, the end result is that the entire community comes out looking bad. All they've done is add to the sense of illegitimacy that critics level at the game series.

Bah. Anyway, I also caught the latest character reveals for Soul Calibur 6, and my waifu 4 laifu Seong Mi-Na was finally - FINALLY! - shown.

Now with dangerous levels of underboob.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else insanely excited for Marvel's Spiderman on PS4? I know I am. I sold my old dusty launch PS4 and have a Pro on the way, can't wait. Honestly? It looks pretty amazing, no pun intended. It looks like the best parts of the Batman Arkham games, and Spiderman 2, they even brought back the "launch" attack from Spiderman 2.

I read the giant limited edition comes with a statue featuring Spidey and the main bad guy from the game, so it hasn't been shown off to avoid spoilers. I can't help but feel, with the Sinister Six in this game, it's obviously going to be Doc Ock, which is almost as lackluster a spoiler as Red Hood being Arkham Knight in Arkham Knight. Oh well, the "surprise" means nothing, I just want a fantastic Spidey game, and it seems I'm going to get one!

3 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Anyone else insanely excited for Marvel's Spiderman on PS4? I know I am. I sold my old dusty launch PS4 and have a Pro on the way, can't wait. Honestly? It looks pretty amazing, no pun intended. It looks like the best parts of the Batman Arkham games, and Spiderman 2, they even brought back the "launch" attack from Spiderman 2.

I read the giant limited edition comes with a statue featuring Spidey and the main bad guy from the game, so it hasn't been shown off to avoid spoilers. I can't help but feel, with the Sinister Six in this game, it's obviously going to be Doc Ock, which is almost as lackluster a spoiler as Red Hood being Arkham Knight in Arkham Knight. Oh well, the "surprise" means nothing, I just want a fantastic Spidey game, and it seems I'm going to get one!

I'm definitely looking forward to it, but not insanely so. I rare play games that aren't on the Switch, 3DS, or PC. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only games I've finished all summer have had "Mega Man" in the title...

On 8/24/2018 at 3:44 AM, Tking22 said:

I am!  I picked up a used PS4 pro at a good price just for that game.  A week after I bought that, they announced the Spidey PS4 Pro, I would have bought that instead.

This demo looks good, I just need to see some actual in game gameplay, this dolled up fancy tech demo stuff never really does anything for me. I'm really intrigued, and it will certainly be something special if this ends up living up to the hype.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:41 AM, Smiley424 said:

I am!  I picked up a used PS4 pro at a good price just for that game.  A week after I bought that, they announced the Spidey PS4 Pro, I would have bought that instead.

Yeah I stupidly passed on that Spiderman PS4 Pro bundle for the longest time, then when I decided I wanted to upgrade to a Pro it was all sold out :(. I ordered a 1TB regular Pro, works for me, I just want to play some Spiderman. Also, if you're interested in Spiderman for PS4, get off the internet for the next few weeks, early copies are out and full story spoilers are officially online.

HYYYPE

But actually jeeesus that game is old. It must be what, 2001, 2002? Definitely the early days of the PS2, and it shows. It'd have been nice if they could have done slightly more to this a la the REmake, but given what it is, I understand them doing just what they have so far.

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

HYYYPE

But actually jeeesus that game is old. It must be what, 2001, 2002? Definitely the early days of the PS2, and it shows. It'd have been nice if they could have done slightly more to this a la the REmake, but given what it is, I understand them doing just what they have so far.

Day one purchase for me. Maybe if it sells well they'll do the rest of the series. Or, dare I hope it, a new one.

Edited by mikeszekely

Onimusha was fun but, like with Resident Evil at the time, VERY frustrating to play at times, that fixed camera was murder. I may check it out eventually, I remember VERY distinctly going through that absurd, 25 level dungeon, which wasn't fun, but was a personal achievement before actual achievements and trophies on consoles.