All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

Final Fantasy VII remake... 'nuff said! ;)

Because of this announcement and how my wife saw my face when I found out that there's a remake, she approved on getting a PS4. How cool is that? Hehehe. :lol:

I know it's a long shot but it would be nice to see Squall too on PS4. Imagine the Gunblade/Revolver in PS4 graphics. uber cool! B))

Guest davidwhangchoi

They're probably saving that for their new platform announcement next year.

is the new platform coming next year? i didn't realize it was coming so soon. hopefully next year will have some killer announcements. i guess Nintendo can just profit off amiibo this year.

Guest davidwhangchoi

WiiU is dead then.

i was thinking the same thing. whoever in nintendo thought to even mention:

During today's Digital Event, Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Amie promised information on the company's next console won't be coming until 2016, echoing what was said when the device was announced.

whoever's in charge at Nintendo to green light an announcement like this either was desperate and trying to hold investor's interest or trying to promise nintendo fans their doing something. either way at the same time, took a crap on the wii u.

i was thinking the same thing. whoever in nintendo thought to even mention:

whoever's in charge at Nintendo to green light an announcement like this either was desperate and trying to hold investor's interest or trying to promise nintendo fans their doing something. either way at the same time, took a crap on the wii u.

Actually, we found out Nintendo was doing something back in March 2015 during their last investors call.

Nintendo NX 'not a replacement for 3DS or Wii U'

And notice how they word it "no new information until 2016". So it may not even be debut next year.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Actually, we found out Nintendo was doing something back in March 2015 during their last investors call.

Nintendo NX 'not a replacement for 3DS or Wii U'

And notice how they word it "no new information until 2016". So it may not even be debut next year.

i read about that a while ago but i thought ign mentioned e3 nintendo is not talking about their next console till 2016 leading me to believe it's wii u successor. ah thanks for clearing that up. so it's still up in the air what it is.

maybe i'll get a wii u after next years announcement. (which i think many will do thanks to nintendo creating speculation with that vague announcement)

To gauge demand? It makes Suzuki going up on stage during Sony's time look more of a show.

Yep. It was a dog&pony show.

i read about that a while ago but i thought ign mentioned e3 nintendo is not talking about their next console till 2016 leading me to believe it's wii u successor. ah thanks for clearing that up. so it's still up in the air what it is.

maybe i'll get a wii u after next years announcement. (which i think many will do thanks to nintendo creating speculation with that vague announcement)

There's been talk about a platform to bridge the console, PC and mobile phone markets. It's likely going to be an add-on unit where you can play your games on any platform. Play Wii U games on your 3DS, your phone. Or use your phone to play Wii U games. That's what I've heard. We'll find out next year.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If Sony is going back up Mr. Suzuki, why even do a Kickstarter campaign? To gauge demand? It makes Suzuki going up on stage during Sony's time look more of a show.

from the horses mouth (Sony) :5:

1:40 secs in

https://twitter.com/DylanJobe/status/610652101916557314?s=09

so far Shenmue has been a risk bc of it's past history (going over budget and not being profitable, dreamcast getting killed off right when 2 came out. etc.) from the investors point of view, it's critical to gauge interest. (if i'm(company) going to pour buckets of money, i'd want to see if there's interest before throwing in the money) so for them it's a good idea.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Even though now with the hype of FF7 Remake, still I personally would have prefer the remake of FF6 or FF9.

If the FF7 remake sell enough copies, there's every chance that they'll remake other FF titles. I'd love to see FF Tactics in PS4 graphics. I've heard to many good things about the game (the storyline and characters apparently leave FF7 in the dust), but never got the chance to play it.

IMHO this is the best E3 since 2004. That being said this Deus Ex trailer blew me away and is what my next PC upgrade will be built around next year.

This game's on my number one priority list.

Edited by GU-11

Shemue III, yes. FFVII, no. I guess I'm in the minority on this one, but I thought FFVII was just ok back in the day, and I really have no interest in replaying it just because it's pretty now. Uncharted 4 has my interest, but mostly because I've been a fan of the series. As for the Last Guardian, it's been so long I forgot why I'm supposed to care about it.

Xbox One backwards compatibility sounds good, because I still have a lot of 360 games. Bonus if you can stream them to Windows 10 PCs like you'll be able to do with Xbox One games. I think Microsoft had a lot of interesting announcements, but for a lot of it (like Hololens) I guess I'm still sort of in wait-and-see mode.

As for the third party stuff today, I'm waiting for more details on Rock Band 4, I'm looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda but it's far enough off that I'm not excited yet, I may or may not get excited for Battlefront and Assassin's Creed after I play a demo, and HOLY CRAP A G1 TRANSFORMERS GAME!

You're not alone. I though everything Sony did and announced was a big giant meh.

edit:

Except for Shenmue III which I'll get for PC.

edit mk2:

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Guest davidwhangchoi

Transformers Devastation first gameplay

Of course you are. Nintendo hates Metroid. They want it dead.

i still have dreams that metroid will be done properly for 3ds :(

Edited by davidwhangchoi

At last a TRUE TF game.

TF Devastation has been quite the hot topic at many TF fansites. The only thing that bothers me is that apparently, there won't be playable Decepticons. I hope this is just a rumor, but playable 'Cons would have added a ton of replay value.

Man, the new Deus Ex continues to blow me away. This 'Dawn' engine graphics demo is the most impressive I've seen since the first Crysis last decade.

Impressive! I've been lurking around zbrushcentral.com recently, and it's really given me an appreciation of environmental lighting, rendering UV maps, and other technical aspects of game development.

Guest davidwhangchoi

All i want to know is: Can i play as Megatron so i can scream "Die Autobot!", transform and jump into starscream's hand?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Transformers Devastation first gameplay

That air-trucking is hilarious, and somehow both wrong and right at the same time.

i still have dreams that metroid will be done properly for 3ds :(

Okay, just don't come crying to me when they're shattered.

Nintendo's still trying to figure out what went wrong with Metroid Prime. It was supposed to be another bad 3D transition game and it wound up so wildly popular they had to take it out of print while people were still buying it up left and right. Yes, you can't find Metroid Prime Trilogy because Nintendo deliberately took it out of print to STOP YOU FROM BUYING IT.

In non-E3 news, my PS3 died tonight. I'm upset. And angry. (Mostly angry at Europe. Stupid lead-free solder mandates.)

Now I have to

A. buy a new system(because Sony charges the cost of a new system for out-of-warranty repairs),

B. figure out how to get this one booting long enough to transfer my data over(apparently you can do things with a blowdryer), and

C. get my friggin' game out of the drive(really, Sony? You can't add a forced eject to your failure state?).

As opposed to my 360's Crimson Pacman incident where I extracted the hard drive and game, sent it to MS at no cost, then got online and changed ownership of all the data on my drive to the new deck once I received it.

Never mind that half of that was because MS was staring down the barrel of a class-action lawsuit over Crimson Pacman issues.

Nintendo's still trying to figure out what went wrong with Metroid Prime. It was supposed to be another bad 3D transition game and it wound up so wildly popular they had to take it out of print while people were still buying it up left and right. Yes, you can't find Metroid Prime Trilogy because Nintendo deliberately took it out of print to STOP YOU FROM BUYING IT.

You can buy the Trilogy on the WII U Eshop (in NA at least) for $20 when it first came out a few months back it was $10 pretty sick deal.

In non-E3 news, my PS3 died tonight. I'm upset. And angry. (Mostly angry at Europe. Stupid lead-free solder mandates.)

Now I have to

A. buy a new system(because Sony charges the cost of a new system for out-of-warranty repairs),

B. figure out how to get this one booting long enough to transfer my data over(apparently you can do things with a blowdryer), and

C. get my friggin' game out of the drive(really, Sony? You can't add a forced eject to your failure state?).

Try D: Reballing.

remove the motherboard and heat the fault solders with a heat-gun or something similar and with some luck you can repair it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That air-trucking is hilarious, and somehow both wrong and right at the same time.

Okay, just don't come crying to me when they're shattered.

Now I have to

As opposed to my 360's Crimson Pacman incident where I extracted the hard drive and game, sent it to MS at no cost, then got online and changed ownership of all the data on my drive to the new deck once I received it.

Never mind that half of that was because MS was staring down the barrel of a class-action lawsuit over Crimson Pacman issues.

the blow dryer trick works. i had to do it myself to eject my disc and grab my save files and deactivate my system (this was before you could deactivate all systems tied to your psn account online every 6 months). it'll work for another few weeks to 6 months. good luck.