The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

With all the 3rd party contributions, Jazz and Cliffjumper are the only Autobot MPs I want (I think 3rd party Hova is dead in the water, and doesn't look that hot anyways). MP Hoist, Trailbreaker, and Skids would neat, but I reckon they may not be popular enough to warrant MP treatment.

All major Cons I like already have MPs, but I would definitely bite for a new MP Megs and a MP Bruticus.

I'd rather HasTak finish off the G1 original mini-series cast before doing the other seasons. They're the main players, the "Legends". Plus they're so close to being done. Finish it! .

Preach it, Brother Dangard!

I was at Target today and they had a ton of Transformers... I can't wait until my son is old enough to get into those. He's still in the Matchbox phase. I get the feeling it's not usually the kids who are dragging the dads away from a certain section of the toy department.

To include new in-scale Dinobots (all 5 this time), Constructicons, Skyfire, Insecticons, Reflector, and new Seekers. I want a complete roster of the First Season in MP glory; that's not much to ask considering the roster of bots 30+ years on.

For now, Leader class Jetfire does a good job of filling the Skyfire void, but I'd love to have him in an official MP. I loved his character; ironic that his voice was supplied by the voice of Grimlock, Mr. Gregg Berger. I'd also love the Constructicons, but I guess the CW figures are the closest we're going to get. :( If they make a new MP F-15 Con mold, I hope they can reproduce the original transformation where the arms form the spine of the fighter; I've always liked that, and the only other version that replicated it was the Robot Masters line. http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/resources/review/robot+masters/+skywarp+/2541

I'd love a MP Cyclonus...I've always really liked his design. I've been eyeballing Xtransbot's Eligos for some time now, and if TT could match that, I'd go for the official. Unfortunately, TT are not pumping MPs out very quickly, certainly not as fast as third parties. Gotta say, though, seeing Eligos sitting on its retractable landing gear with mini Megatron in that little detailed cockpit fills me with all sorts of happiness. :wub: A new MP Megatron is high on the want/need list, too. I have Appollyon, and he's a pretty cool figure, but I'd still like to have an official version.

I wish they'd made a distinct mold for CW Cyclonus instead of recycling that awful Silverbolt mold, esp after Titans Return Galvatron and Scourge were shown at NY Toy Fair. Both of those figs are very true to their G1 look, and I wish there was an equally accurate leader or voyager Cyclonus figure coming. Can't wait to get that Galvatron.

HasbroToyShop's giving 20% if you use the code SPRINGFF at checkout. As of right now, it looks like they have the G2 Menasor and Superion sets available, although I just used it to get Hound, Smokescreen, and Wheeljack (skipping Trailbreaker, because we just got one like a year ago, and the truck is my least favorite CW mold, and I've got Alpha Bravo as a leftover since I was able to get Slingshot for Superion).

Sadly, no Sky Lynx.

For that price, I'm almost tempted to get UW Devastator. Almost. I'm still disheartened by the number of shortcuts taken with the individual Constructicons, even on the superior Takara version. I'm surprised they didn't make their own toon-accurate Mixmaster, given their proclivities of late.

I have UW Bruticus PO'd with HLJ, and I've been looking at PE's add-on sets. I really wish they'd offer a basic hands and feet set for like $20. I'd buy a set for my Menasor and for Bruticus.

I'd rather HasTak finish off the G1 original mini-series cast before doing the other seasons. They're the main players, the "Legends". Plus they're so close to being done. Finish it! .

Agreed. This is long overdue.

Well, kudos again to HasbroToyShop. I went with the free standard shipping, and my order arrived already.

Of the three I got, I'd say Hound's the best. Being simply a new head on Swindle, who himself was a heavy reshell of Rook, means he's not particularly accurate, but the mold happens to be one of the best in the CW line, the head sculpt is good, and I like a lot of what they did with the colors. He's a darker green, more like the G1 toy than the 'toon or the previous CHUG Hound, some of his waist is painted silver and and gold to look like the front of a jeep, and his gun is painted silver and can sit back in the same position as his G1 jeep gun. Some things could be different, like his hands could be black, but for the most part it's a toy you look at and instantly recognize and Hound despite the deviations.

Wheeljack is a toughie... I'm not a huge fan of the Breakdown mold, mostly because I hate those hips. Also, Hasbro must have blown their paint budget painting his rims silver, because his paint is really inadequate, especially in bot mode where they have faux windows molded into his chest that are left unpainted. Thankfully, I ordered the Reprolabels for him as soon as I'd finished ordering him. Even still, I'm thinking about painting his waist, forearms, and hands. The head's really good, but he's really missing his wings and shoulder gun. I wonder if there's anything on Shapeways that can plug into the ports on his back...

Smokescreen's an odd duck. He's a straight up repaint of Prowl, right down to still having the molded sirens on top. I'd hold that against him, but I happen to think this mold is also one of the better CW molds. Alt mode's not too bad in capturing the right colors, although it could definitely use a little more paint. I ordered the Reprolabels for him, mostly for the headlights, taillights, and the extra racing decals. His bot mode, though, is very blue. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I feel like his whole chest plate should be red, not just the middle, and his thighs and lower legs are blue instead of silver and (mostly) red. And, as if it make up for the missing red, his upper arms are red instead of blue, and his forearms are red instead of black. It's a look that doesn't immediately evoke Smokescreen when you see it, but neither is it a bad look. I will say, though, that with the extra skirts on his bumper and the more toy-accurate head on the animation model, Smokescreen struck me as chunkier dude than the other Datsun brothers, and it makes me wonder why they decided to do Smokescreen instead of Bluestreak, who I'd have preferred.

(For that matter, instead of Trailbreaker I wish they'd have repainted First Aid as Ratchet. Despite being very similar molds, First Aid fixed a lot of problems that the Offroad mold had, so it's disappointing that they gave us Ironhide and Trailbreaker in back-to-back waves instead of re-using First Aid).

I'm thinking about shuffling some limbs around. I kind of want to use Hound and Wheeljack with Ironhide and Mirage on Prime, move Prowl to Defensor, then Sunstreaker, Smokescreen, Alpha Bravo, and Rook with Sky Lynx.

Not digging that in the least, from color scheme to pointy clown shoes...yuck. It is cool that they made proper hands and feet, but neither look very good to me. Been spoiled by third party, I guess.

TFW2005 have pics of upcoming Titans Return Astrotrain, or more appropriately, Astrosub, since I've yet to see a train with a con tower. http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/03/19/titans-return-astrotrain-ravage-first-toy-images-311626

As speculated, he's a recolor of the upcoming Sentinel Prime figure. While Astro's bot mode looks pretty good, I find both alts to be atrocious. I really wish they'd done Earth alts instead of Cybertronian. At this size, he'd have made a decent sized shuttle comparatively.

Galvatron still looks good, Astrotrain is pretty meh, and while I've ignored the G2 repaints of Menasor and Superion, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't kinda interested in G2 Bruticus.

I'll also take a Combiner Wars Ruination, please.

Victorion looks like butt, though. Maybe next time the fans get to vote on stuff, let them also vote not to have a combiner with two molds for four Deluxes and a fugly color scheme.

I went to Target to get formula for my daughter, and wouldn't you know it that they have the latest wave of CW Deluxes after I got mine in the mail. Still no sign of Sky Lynx, though.

I went to Target to get formula for my daughter, and wouldn't you know it that they have the latest wave of CW Deluxes after I got mine in the mail. Still no sign of Sky Lynx, though.

Sky Lynx always shows up after "his" deluxes do. Weeks later in many cases.

Sky Lynx always shows up after "his" deluxes do. Weeks later in many cases.

Voyagers are pretty hit and miss entirely in my area. A lot of stores still have some Rhinoxes, Whirls, and Roadbusters in their spot for Generations Voyagers, so they don't restock them with Combiner Wars.

Not feeling the love for Pastelicus.

I fail to see the allure of G2 gawdy color schemes. For those who dig it, it's nice that there's an option.

I'm normally right there with you, but for some reason I love Bruticus/Ruination in all his colors.

I'm surprised how much Takara changed from MP-11/MP-03 for Ramjet. Sadly it has now even more gaps and unsightly spots on the underside. Maybe Maketoys version will a MP Seeker with a smooth underside and a sleek thruster area. I would be interested in a Skywarp, even if I have MP-11SW already.

I find it kind of telling that Takara keeps appending letters to MP-11 every time they release a new seeker variant, where as every other post MP10 repaint has gotten a unique number. they're basically admitting that yes, these are just easy cash-ins and shouldn't be counted as part of the ongoing masterpiece line.