The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

$129.86 Damn. Preordered! That's better than the Hasbro Asia Re-release last oct.

i did the same and pre-ordered at NY bc of the low price. (and at hlj as backup) congrats :)

I ended up pre-ordering from AE. I think he comes out to be around same price as TFsource after shipping. AE charges up front on the price and charge shipping later.

Got MP-21 on my Autobots display today.

IMG_0878.jpg

Edited by dapro

Guest davidwhangchoi

I ended up pre-ordering from AE. I think he comes out to be around same price as TFsource after shipping. AE charges up front on the price and charge shipping later.

i think that's the best price at AE or NY even after shipping it should be around 170.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is just a random past memory:

did anyone ever read this when they were a kid?

Aoti-00.jpg

i remember this was one of those book club orders in school. this was a choose your own fate book.

Aoti-01.jpg

look! its Prime and Bumblebee with Sparkplug Witwicky (w his son Buster Witwicky on the cover) stopwatching Ironhide:)

this is just a random past memory:

did anyone ever read this when they were a kid?

Aoti-00.jpg

i remember this was one of those book club orders in school. this was a choose your own fate book.

Aoti-01.jpg

look! its Prime and Bumblebee with Sparkplug Witwicky (w his son Buster Witwicky on the cover) stopwatching Ironhide:)

YES!!!!

Even had a couple of the GI Joe choose your fate books too.

And yeah, pre-ordered a MP-10 off of HLJ a couple of days ago. This will be my 4th of the mold after Hasbro MP-10, YOTH MP-10 and the Hasbro Asia re-release.

-b.

YES!!!!

And yeah, pre-ordered a MP-10 off of HLJ a couple of days ago. This will be my 4th of the mold after Hasbro MP-10, YOTH MP-10 and the Hasbro Asia re-release.

-b.

So I was just comparing TRU MP-10 to Hasbro Asia reissue and the only difference I found was the TRU release has the "R" sticker on it indicating it's a TRU exclusive. I think I'm just going to sell it off if that's the only difference. DId you notice anything else?

So I was just comparing TRU MP-10 to Hasbro Asia reissue and the only difference I found was the TRU release has the "R" sticker on it indicating it's a TRU exclusive. I think I'm just going to sell it off if that's the only difference. DId you notice anything else?

Nope, no difference other than minor packaging details (like the sticker you mentioned).

That said, I don't plan to sell unless a bigger and better Prime is released and agreed, there's no such thing as too many Primes.

-b.

So, no comments that the voyager-class x6, Devastator giftset is all but confirmed now? (the fact that a Titanium-class Devy is coming is confirmed---the unconfirmed bits would be that it's G1, and made of six Voyagers---but so far everything else has turned out true, so I vote that what was leaked/rumored about this release, was correct)

Guest davidwhangchoi

YES!!!!

-b.

b, it's great to see you back posting on the threads! you just made my day, finding someone who read the same book!!!

that's a lot of primes you have there.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

"Find your fate... Junior" sounds incredibly menacing. :p

it's a great read: very accurate to all the weapons and functions of the characters:

"Nice try, insulation-breath!" snarls Starscream. Turning sharply, he drops a load of cluster bombs. The bombs miss the Autobots, but they shatter the stalactites. Large chunks of rock fall everywhere

"Smokescreen," he calls to his friend, "you you think your disrupter rifle could disable those bombs?"

"No problem," says Smokescreen.

But he is knocked to the ground by a sudden blast. Now Megatron's voice booms, "Not so fast, Prime! I see what you're up to. But you won't getthe Sun-Pak! When it's charged I'm going to add it to my power supply!"

Optimus Prime sudders. No matter what else happens, he must prevent that from happening.

But how? Megatron is now standing in front of the booby-trapped Sun-Pak. His fusion cannons will blast anyone who tries to get near the battery.

"I have an idea," Smokescreen whispers. Optimus Prime listens, then he laughs.

"Go right ahead, old friend," he says. "Transform!"

Nope, no difference other than minor packaging details (like the sticker you mentioned).

That said, I don't plan to sell unless a bigger and better Prime is released and agreed, there's no such thing as too many Primes.

-b.

Highlighted for effect. :) I have only been disappointed by two masterpieces: the KO MP-10 that I took a risk on and that was riddled with QC issues (I discovered these after trying to transform it) and the MP-8X reissue from last year. My thoughts on that release match Gakken's word for word (almost--my MP-8X arrived in a melted clamshell case).

I think it's interesting how the MP-10 mold continues to hold up, whereas the MP-8 mold degraded to being a floppy mess.

But enough about that. How about more Magnus? Forty minutes of Magnus! :o:) Emgo is fond of it. And I'm finding that the transformation of MP-22 is half the fun of big blue.

Edited by technoblue

So, no comments that the voyager-class x6, Devastator giftset is all but confirmed now? (the fact that a Titanium-class Devy is coming is confirmed---the unconfirmed bits would be that it's G1, and made of six Voyagers---but so far everything else has turned out true, so I vote that what was leaked/rumored about this release, was correct)

Judging by the comments after yours, looks like nope.

I kind of think a combination of factors- the difficulty finding recent Generations toys at retail, the price increases, the reduction in size/plastic used/paint apps/overall quality, the rise of the Masterpiece line, etc, have made collecting CHUGs less appealing. This thread stopped being a general Transformers thread and became a MP thread awhile ago. It's not worth bringing up the Combiner Wars toys when any comments you make are going to be swept away by a dozen comments about how excited people are about the MP-10 reissue because it's their chance to buy toy they already have three off, but it's less money this time! Or comments about how terrible MP Magnus is so bad that people are only buying two of him.

Honestly, I got tired of the hunt, tired of TRU getting the Hasbro MPs as exclusives and immediately marking them up, and I quit. The Combiner Wars stuff has my curiosity piqued, but not enough to make an effort, and I've yet to even see any at retail.

It may be a shoe-in, but I'd have to see some pics first.

Judging by the comments after yours, looks like nope.

I kind of think a combination of factors- the difficulty finding recent Generations toys at retail, the price increases, the reduction in size/plastic used/paint apps/overall quality, the rise of the Masterpiece line, etc, have made collecting CHUGs less appealing. This thread stopped being a general Transformers thread and became a MP thread awhile ago. It's not worth bringing up the Combiner Wars toys when any comments you make are going to be swept away by a dozen comments about how excited people are about the MP-10 reissue because it's their chance to buy toy they already have three off, but it's less money this time! Or comments about how terrible MP Magnus is so bad that people are only buying two of him.

Honestly, I got tired of the hunt, tired of TRU getting the Hasbro MPs as exclusives and immediately marking them up, and I quit. The Combiner Wars stuff has my curiosity piqued, but not enough to make an effort, and I've yet to even see any at retail.

Habro/TT lost me when they got rid of the Prime line. That was the hook that held my attention for a while before I discovered the MP line. Once Prime went away and reduced paint apps and simplistic transformations became commonplace, I was done. I've been ignoring all combiner wars news. The only MP-less sized toys that I collect are the Wreckers.

I have Sandstorm and Springer (Hasbro), and Whirl and Roadbuster (TT).

The new fembots look interesting too, but I haven't budged on them either.

Edited by technoblue

I'm waiting for pics like everyone else.

I do own a TFC Herc, so unless it's better in just about every mode and looks much better, I'll probably pass on the hasbro version.

Got MP-21 on my Autobots display today.

IMG_0878.jpg

Hah! On the first pass, I thought Roddy and Optimus were balanced on Grimlock's back!

Edited by RD Blade

I enjoy collecting CHUGS, and trying to hunt them down has become wearisome. Aside from seeing Jetfire at TRU last month, I've yet to see another new release to date. I don't know if local retailers are being more cautious about stocking TFs due to the voluminous amount of AoE toys still bending their pegs, or if it 's just Hasbro's inability to meet demand, but collecting these things seems to be an increasingly frustrating enterprise with each passing year. I see where Technoblue and MikeSzekely are coming from.

I noticed that the local stores here only stock the newest stuff in dribs and drabs. Then, after a month or two of making collectors like me buy the items online in a panic that we'll never see them in the wild, retailers opened the floodgates. Panic purchases I had made (like Voyager Whirl) suddenly filled the shelves and nobody wanted them until the holiday rush. Now those same shelves are a barren wasteland, the stock being withheld once again.

Transformers was the end-all of cool to me when it first appeared in '84, and all those characters from the first season, a few from later seasons, and of course The Movie, all still resonate strongly with me. As much as Hasbro keeps trying to reinvent the franchise, it seems they always mine the original show for characters, names, and story ideas (Key to Vector Sigma, Well of Allsparks, Cosmic Rust, etc). With that in mind, the CHUG line is generally one of my most anticipated, along with MP. This year's line has me especially happy as we're finally getting Arcee; but beyond that, this year's line also seems to be much more faithful representations of the G1 characters in both bot and alt modes. Essentially, these are the toys I wish we'd gotten 30 years ago. The frustration is that we've known about them for months, there are vid and pictorial reviews on most TF sites now, but the actual toys are nowhere to be found in stores. I refuse to pay online prices and shipping for something I should be able to get at most local retailers. Moreover, CHUGS are usually the least stocked TF items when I do encounter them, esp if it's a movie year. All those shitty Bay toys just clog the pegs and shelves. I used to enjoy the hunt, but anymore it has become exasperating. Why are these things so hard to find?

Guest davidwhangchoi

no chugs for me yet... either mp or reissues (takara encore) but i did get whirl from target, he was cool looking but that box is lying by my grocery bags somewhere...

i hope now that prime is reissued, they reissue mp-11 (non asia hasbro prices)

Sold my Asia exclusive prime.

Hopefully the Takara re-issue wont' be loose, but it's worth getting $100 dollars back for the same toy.

I think the Takara MP-10 reissue will be okay. Especially if the MP-10 EVA release is any indication. The postman dropped my MP-10 EVA off this afternoon and it's a sturdy figure with excellent paint apps and tight joints.

YotH Prime wins the award for being the loosest Masterpiece that I own, but he can still stand. I just wouldn't put him in any extreme kicking poses without first adding some future to strengthen his leg joints.

In other news, I decided to take a risk on Arcee. For now, I'm sticking with the Takara Legends version because of those G1 colors.