The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I just recently heard about the replacement knee joints for MP-09 that have been popping up on Ebay. Has anyone here tried them? I've seen them in metal and plastic, but I was wondering if making them metal might things worse for the surrounding pieces.

I've bought and installed the plastic knee joints from ebay. They didn't fit immediately so I widened the holes a bit with a hobby knife and shortened the springs they include with the release so the tension of the ratchets is not that high. I shortened the springs because my knee joints where already pretty stressed so I feared that the overly tight ratchets might damage them further.

I opted for the plastic pieces because they have the same color than the one MP-09 comes with. Also the metal ones might grid down the plastic on the toy.

If you have a V2 Rodimus you should just sell it to me and let me worry about the knees. Thanks -

Does the biker-shorts-wearing Hasbro version count? Y'know, I thought the general consesus now was that V1 Rodimus was better than V2 since V2 had the same issues as V1 but with a couple more.

I've bought and installed the plastic knee joints from ebay. They didn't fit immediately so I widened the holes a bit with a hobby knife and shortened the springs they include with the release so the tension of the ratchets is not that high. I shortened the springs because my knee joints where already pretty stressed so I feared that the overly tight ratchets might damage them further.

I opted for the plastic pieces because they have the same color than the one MP-09 comes with. Also the metal ones might grid down the plastic on the toy.

I was thinking the same thing about the metal parts. I can easily see the plastic gear teeth from the other leg parts getting ground up against the metal after some time. Thanks for the insight, I didn't think about shortening the springs.

Ugh, I just realized that MP-10EVA has been out for a while but that TFSource appears to just not have gotten any supply. OOPS! Crap... looks like I'll have to go after them for a refund. Sucks too because I went with them as they were the most reputable option at the time and they appear to be the only retailer screwing people. Man, I gotta get a different hobby.

Ugh, I just realized that MP-10EVA has been out for a while but that TFSource appears to just not have gotten any supply. OOPS! Crap... looks like I'll have to go after them for a refund. Sucks too because I went with them as they were the most reputable option at the time and they appear to be the only retailer screwing people. Man, I gotta get a different hobby.

For what it's worth, Jenius, you are not the only one left hanging. My actionrobo.com order is still in limbo, and it was a pre-paid order that I made in July. :( I've sent them a couple e-mails asking about it, but they are ignoring them... :angry:

Edit: I only know of a handful of places that actually got stock on the advertised release date too: BBTS, RobotKingdom, The Chosen Prime, Kapow Toys, or direct from the TakaraTomy Mall. All confirmed in the last few pages of the MP-10 EVA thread at tfw2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/983089-evangelion-store-optimus-prime-eva-01-redeco.html#post11055545

Edited by technoblue

I think with the special limited releases you should go to Japanese or Chinese auction sites first, as soon as it is released. You don't have the luxury of waiting on a PO because the source seller knows they can get so much more cash re-selling it. I got my Bape through a proxy service because I knew it would sell out fast, and the price would jump.

The American retailers just can't promise that they will get stock. They put in for it, but the desire in China and Asia to get the product is too large and it sells out.

I don't know if it's about being reputable, so much as hedging your bets as a consumer. TFsource could have more communication for sure, but it's mostly out of their hands. You can always put in the PO here and cancel it if you get a proxy buyer to get one for you.

BBTS and TFSource want to carry a lot of the special items, but it turns into a hassle because it's limited, and they have to pay more to get fewer units. It's a razor thin margin. It's like trying to buy off an Asian retailer and selling it on ebay. You might make a few bucks but it's not a way to stay in business.

Edited by Gakken85

I think with the special limited releases you should go to Japanese or Chinese auction sites first, as soon as it is released. You don't have the luxury of waiting on a PO because the source seller knows they can get so much more cash re-selling it. I got my Bape through a proxy service because I knew it would sell out fast, and the price would jump.

<snip>

Someone in the TFW thread I linked to was claiming that the Asia release of MP-10EVA was cut short as well. I'm not sure by mow much, but the Japanese release was set to 1,000 pieces from the beginning. If this news is more than a rumor, then that could also be affecting stock as well.

Better communication to the customer would be nice.

I have a preorder. The reason for it is that I only collect Skywarp variants of the seeker mold. I really hoped for a Japanese release with the coronation set and a better price. However I absolutely adore Skywarps color scheme and he is a much cooler character because he's turned into Cyclonus and not into a pile of slag in the 1986 movie.

The packaging images seem to indicate that this is a Taraka release (with Takara finish) so hopefully it will turn out right unlike the Hasbro Sunstorm, Acidstorm and Thundercracker. I would probably never use the coronation set so it is probably for the best that he doesn't come with it.

The price is really high and if the Asia exclusive MP-08 reissue last February (???) is any indication MP Skywarp will probably be released in the US a few month later with a green tint to it.

Edited by Scyla

Bape KO is lookin' good there. I wonder if the KO accessories (gun and energon axe) are of better quality too? If so, it'll be even harder to distinguish between the legitimate release and the KO for Convoy/Prime.

Yeah, $200 buck is hard to shell out, but it's a takara release. I want to get it, but damn, that's a lot of money. I got MP Magnus for only $140 shipped.

That price kept me away from Skywarp. I think I'm done with the MP-11 mold. I keep wondering if we will see any new Decepticons for 2015. A new mold along those lines would be a nice surprise.

The currently mold isn't that bad, except for the little piece that hold the horizontal stabilizer. Takara is too damn lazy to bring in a new seeker mold, they can't even pump out their own version of Thundercracker. I do regret getting Acid Storm, or was it Acid Rain, what ever it is, I think that was garbage. But Thundercracker and Starscream are cool.

I have the old (Target exclusive?) MP-03 Skywarp be he doesn't even is on the Masterpiece shelf because in robot mode he is just not my kind of deal (sorry Kawamori). He makes a good fighter jet display. This Skywarp will stay in robot mode with the other Takara Masterpieces so I can overlook the shortcomings in alt mode.

Charles/OptimusPrimeSG posted his video-review of MP-22 up:

I think overall MP Magnus is better engineered and I love the vehicle mode- looks amazing. But I prefer Citizen Stack in robot mode. I wish I had know about Dai Stack before I purchased CS. I wouldve gotten the MP Magnus and then KFC Dai Stack.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

The post man just delivered Magnus and the Arcadia to my door, and I couldn't resist peeking at Magnus.

Here are a couple of my own first impressions:

• UM is the heaviest transforming robot that I own. The weight of this figure is impressive.
  • Daniel looks...alright in person. :) Yes, his proportions could be a smidge better, but certain photos were giving me a false impression. I'll gladly eat crow for going along with the snarky crowd and making fun of him.
  • I still wish TT's UM included one or two extra faces. The one he's wearing in the box is fantastic. The screaming one is okay in person, but I would have appreciated a third choice at the minimum. I look forward to seeing the third-party add-ons for this guy.

That's it for now.

Edited by technoblue

Well, for a fat guy, he deserve a fat box! :p

Mine ship SAL, so there's a guy swimming to the USA with my package, hopefully the sharks don't get him.

HeeHee. Hasbro gets to keep the ridiculous box award for YotH MP-10. TT's box for UM has slightly smaller dimensions than TT's box for MP-10 Convoy. Not bad for people who like to keep the boxes. It saves on storage space.

Guest davidwhangchoi

just got in from long trip...

i got my shipment from hlj for magnus 2x and bee. take pics of the box later.

i also got the original mini cons reissue and g1 astrotrain reissue.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just picked my UM from the post office. He is a porker!! Definitely one of the heaviest transforming toys in my collection, in line with MP-01, the Yamato Koenig Monster and the Matchbox Hover tank. He looks awesome. Definitely worth the purchase.

Edited by Golden Arms