The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

Generations Arcee and X-Transbots' MP Wheelie arrived. Really happy with both.

Wheelie looks awesome in that movie pose.

wheelie-transformers-003_1201323003.jpg

Ultra magnus looks great next to bumble bee

autopan.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Intended. All credit goes to the TFW2005 forums for Spaniel. I picked it up while lurking their Ultra Magnus threads.

Yep, "Spaniel" was birthed by yours truly on the MP Bumble thread at TFW. I used it as a silly portmanteau to make fun of the debate people were having over whether the undefined head on the Exosuit was Spike or Daniel and people embraced it. I'm more puzzled than proud. :lol:

Edited by eriku

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just got my order in with NY today and I had to pay up front for MP Magnus. I was a bit confused, because I've always had the option to pay later. Then I realized the item is now in stock. I love him so much, I had to order three for myself. :D

damn 3x! congrats on finally getting an order

Yeah, as a kid I've always wanted Magnus, but couldn't afford one. When Hasblow had the reissue, I've almost bite the bullet, but the short smoke stack saved my wallet. Now, thanks to Takara for this Masterpiece release, it will finally be in my hands! :D

Along with my three orders, a buddy of mind had me ordered two for him and a coworker asked my to order one also. So, I just paid for a total of six Magnus and my credit card just had a heart attack! :p

I've always order stuff with my buddy to save on S&H and my coworker we order stuff for each other before, so they're trustworthy, or else Evil-Bay here I come! :p

As a kid, growing up in America, didn't know much English, but that didn't stop me from loving all the cartoons with transforming robots. With Ultra Magnus, a truck carrying cars, I thought that was one of the coolest things.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, as a kid I've always wanted Magnus, but couldn't afford one. When Hasblow had the reissue, I've almost bite the bullet, but the short smoke stack saved my wallet. Now, thanks to Takara for this Masterpiece release, it will finally be in my hands! :D

Along with my three orders, a buddy of mind had me ordered two for him and a coworker asked my to order one also. So, I just paid for a total of six Magnus and my credit card just had a heart attack! :p

Same! i saw an old package of him for 19.99 with the original rubber tires (this is when the plastic wheels starting flooding the stores) but chose shockwave instead for the same price. i wish i could've afforded both.

damn, you have a party line going with all the those ultra magnus orders!

Same! i saw an old package of him for 19.99 with the original rubber tires (this is when the plastic wheels starting flooding the stores) but chose shockwave instead for the same price. i wish i could've afforded both.

You chose wisely. Shockwave was the best Transformer.

Guest davidwhangchoi

got my payment request. paid for (2x) and shipped with bumble bee

gotta throw in his tv bumper:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just watched the benscollectables review and I gotta say I'm impressed. Not enough to buy a UM since I'm not a fan but I think you guys who bought him are in for a treat. He's much better than that third party one with the hollow cab by far simply because it's not a friggin' hollow cab! :p

Edited by xrentonx

Yep, "Spaniel" was birthed by yours truly on the MP Bumble thread at TFW. I used it as a silly portmanteau to make fun of the debate people were having over whether the undefined head on the Exosuit was Spike or Daniel and people embraced it. I'm more puzzled than proud. :lol:

I have to agree with DH. It was a clever bit of silly fun. Well done, eriku. ;)

I paid for my copy of Magnus at HLJ after visiting with friends and relatives today. I'm sending him by EMS with the GX-67 Arcadia that I picked up during the November sale. I'm excited to finally see both of these in person.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You chose wisely. Shockwave was the best Transformer.

i loved him. so tempted to get the KO

I picked up two FT Shockwave and I love that thing. Should've keep both, but I sold one to my buddy.

i went to mechapilot77's place and he had both the radioshack and purple one. i handled them and they were awesome looking. i keep looking but they're so pricey on ebay

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i loved him. so tempted to get the KO

i went to mechapilot77's place and he had both the radioshack and purple one. i handled them and they were awesome looking. i keep looking but they're so pricey on ebay

I picked it up since the second release and I paid the regular price at the time of the release.

Guest davidwhangchoi

in excitement of waiting for ultra magnus, putting up some promos:

1986 trailer

http://youtu.be/urxTOF5z918

look at ulta magnus' diaclone colors

here's the vhs rip of the 1989 japan promo that was posted yesterday.

it has all the intros and toy commericials for the american cartoon converted into Japanese as well as a great movie promo at the 14:44 mark.

i really hate Japan butchering the transformers show and music but im so glad some things they couldn't change and had to keep in from the original show haha.

this is literally robotech and the sentinels for japan.

To bridge the time, Takara has you covered (courtesy of seibertron.com):

here's the vhs rip of the 1989 japan promo that was posted yesterday.

it has all the intros and toy commericials for the american cartoon converted into Japanese as well as a great movie promo at the 14:44 mark.

i really hate Japan butchering the transformers show and music but im so glad some things they couldn't change and had to keep in from the original show haha.

Did Masterforce and Victory already have completed runs before the TF movie got screened?

Edited by lechuck

I also payed for my MP Magnus however it will stay in the hlj warehouse for two month. This gives me time to play with the MP Bumble and I have to say it is perfect for my linkings. It will probably take the first place in my Takara Transformers ranking after the Alternity cars had that spot for the last five years. The only bummer is the inconsistent yellow paint, the non rubber tires and the lack of chrome.

All the downsides are there for a good reason so I'm not really mad. Having him in hand I don't see why there couldn't bee (hohoho) a trapdoor for the hands. Other than that, the transformation is fun, posing is a joy and the figure is really expressive. I really like the painted details on the turn signals and the translucent tail lights. It it a bummer that Ultra Magnus seems to have no painted detail at all. I blame the weird paint scheme on the lower legs on Mangus which stems from lazy engineering imho. A proper leg transformation would make this all obsolete imho. Now all the budget for paint goes into disguising the issues poorly.

I haven't seen any video coverage of Magnus so I might be wrong.

I also got the Sentine Convoy pen and while I'm not a fan of ball joint in the limbs it is also a super expressive toy. Much smaller than I expected but fun to play with.

Guest davidwhangchoi

]Did Masterforce and Victory already have completed runs before the TF movie got screened?

Yeah, JYP released TF the movie in 89' but were using the American promotional from 86' but this JYP vhs video gives us an extra long trailer showing more preliminary cuts that didn't make it into the theater (i could've sworn i've seen this extended trailer back then but can't think back that far of where so i can't confirm. but i remember the narrator saying: "conceived in the epic tradition of star wars..." and the classical music type bgm.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi