The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Bumblebee looks good.

Looks like Spacebrick is still causing a ruckus on the forums ( :p). That said, as long as those in the "know" say he's accurate to the cartoon then awesome. I'm not even going to touch the subject of what looks good, or not, to someone's personal sense of aesthetic.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The only thing that matters is "does it look cool." And to that I say, no, having a giant head sticking out of your alt mode does not look cool, it looks stupid.

hahaha

I'm really not feeling it. I feel however, if I had grown up with this or owned the original - then perhaps a nostalgia buy.

So from an engineering and sculpt point of view it is very impressive - but there are too many design and sculpt/detail cues that just do nothing for me - unlike how the 1/60 VF-1 or MP Optimus' bold design strokes and strong silhouettes make my peepee tingle.

As a fighter, I'd like Spacebrick a lot more if the Beta wasn't so awkwardly proportioned, with it's squared-off front and tiny vestigial wings.

It's a stark contrast to the Alpha, which forms a relatively competent airplane.

This post hopefully marks the first and last time "the Alpha is a competent airplane" will ever be said here on MacrossWorld.

Edited by JB0

same.

$98 bucks for 2 :D

Got 2 Frontier valks, a stand for my destron cassettes, and 2 wheeljacks for 4,090y shipping fedex.

So the two frontier valks are about $20 bucks a piece, and the rest rides for free :D

Edited by Gakken85

True. At least there's not an entire robot hang-gliding on the underside of Star Saber.

*glares at Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire*

Lol. One of my greatest disappointments of all time...

Just watched through 2 1/2 Transformers Victory DVD's. Can't stand the first 1/3 of the series as everyone is happy and joking all the time even while fighting the Destrons. Series seems to pick up after the arrival of Greatshot and LioKaiser as "Superman" Victory Sabre finally gets his ass whupped instead of easily owning every Decepticon/Destron in town. Maybe I'll like SpaceBrick enough after a watch through to pick him up. Maybe.

wasn't that also the case with MP01?

I don't know. There are a few photos floating around of MP-01 with the mask removed and a lipless, skeletal mouth with exposed teeth under it. Then there are people claiming that they took their MP-01 apart and confirmed it, and that it was remnants of a scrapped feature where the mask was supposed to be removable, and that it was supposedly based on something like an exposed speaker inside Prime's badly damaged head from an issue of the Marvel comics. Then other people started taking saying that they took their MP-01s apart and there was no face, and other people were saying that taking Prime's head apart resulted in permanent damage, so it could be a thing, or it could be a hoax. I'm not taking mine apart to figure it out.

:edit:

seriously, the moving puppet-faceplate on MP-01 was such a strange gimmick.

It was an awesome gimmick.

He looks... wise. haha

This is not canon. :p

Wheeljack being wise, I mean. The face is TOTALLY canon... now.

Why did they give Wheeljack a face?

Screw it. Personal canon says this release isn't Wheeljack, it's Alpha Trion in a Halloween costume.

I like the face gimmick, but I don't know the source. Is there something in the Japanese material? A lot of guys on tfw2005 are saying this looks like the T:Animated version of Wheeljack, but I don't see that likeness at all. It actually doesn't look like any other Wheeljack that I've seen, but if I ignore the lips and the mustache, the closest version is T:Prime Wheeljack.

Maybe it is T:Prime Jackie all grown up. :lol: