The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Yup, looks like crap. Every tampo-print they put on is just plain stupid. Pass, will wait for Takara's non-Jersey-Shore version. (assuming Takara goes for toy-accurate and not anime-accurate colors again)

(also, way too many "graphite" plastic bits instead of pure black)

(unless someone finds a way to remove the stupid tailfin markings while leaving the rest of the tailfin paint intact, which is unlikely given how it's printed and painted, and they are eventually clearanced due to poor sales)

My all-time fave character, and it really irks me that someone at Hasbro thought these markings would be "cool". Had they simply *not* spent the time and effort to implement these markings, it'd have been so much better.

You mean the "Sonic Boom" and the Reflector stuff? Yeah that is weird, but TC is my favorite seeker, as well as one of my favorite characters so even at $70 and the strange art I might have to take a go at it...

Yes, that stuff. I like the character so much (my all-time fave) that I abhor what they did. The figure just has a zillion little things I don't like that adds up to "don't want it". Nothing is huge, but it seems every chance they had to do wrong, they did, when it would have been so easy to do it right.

So, are there any plans to make a larger scale and more awesome figure of fall of cybertron optimus?

That's one of the best renditions of optimus I've seen, and the scrawny little deluxe figure just doesn't do it for me....

They haven't even said anything about a deluxe Megatron, so a voyager Optimus might take more than a while.

That said, I'd love to see a voyager class Optimus, although I still prefer the more streamlined WFC version.

I guess my problem with the MP TC would be the change to a different mold. We've already gotten 2 of Kawamori's rendition of the original MP Seeker, but now suddenly we're given the newer style in crap tampo print that's completely unnecessary.

Any plans to release larger fall of cybertron toys? I really LOVE the designs in the game, but hate how small the figs are, all as deluxes.

It would be nice to see optimus/grimlock/megatron as at least voyager class sizes, especially since deluxe sizes are rapidly shrinking....

I got myself a MP-10 for a relatively good price this week, and I'm really liking it. Easy transformation and a whole more fun to tinker around with than Faith Leader. I still prefer my MP-01 due to overall heft and fun factor, but nevertheless, MP-10 is sweet. The only thing that irks me about it is the legs can't seem to stay together securely in alt mode, and I can't figure out why. All the the parts seem aligned well enough, but it just separates enough to bug the heck out of me. Does anyone have a similar issue with theirs?

apparently I haven't been following mainline TF's very closely because I've got no idea where this came from but it's already got package samples:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-thundertron-and-ultra-magnus-in-package-images-175898/

seriously, what the hell is leobreaker doing in prime?!? BTW, I bought a cyberverse Ultra Magnus today, now I really want that voyager.

The MP Thundercracker does have some weird printing but it's a good toy. The changes they made on it are enough to make it alot better than the original MP seekers. The feet, legs, head, and the guns on the wings which move to the arms without removal or re attaching is cool

honestly, while hybrid style convoy is kind of cool as a funky experiment in mid 2000's toy engineering, I really wouldn't want to spend actual money on one now, especially not $80USD+shipping.

Edited by anime52k8

Still no news from my local TRUs about MP-10. Some say the warehouse has them, others have no clue... What I do know is that Canadian TRUs seem to be the Transformers Ghetto of the toy world. The TF sections are shrinking and shrinking and all that's left are pegs of FE Bumblebee with the occasional DOTM scout/deluxe to warm the shelves.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and start ordering my toys online...

Still no news from my local TRUs about MP-10. Some say the warehouse has them, others have no clue... What I do know is that Canadian TRUs seem to be the Transformers Ghetto of the toy world. The TF sections are shrinking and shrinking and all that's left are pegs of FE Bumblebee with the occasional DOTM scout/deluxe to warm the shelves.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and start ordering my toys online...

The Malaysian TRU's are probably just as bad, if not worse. TRU exclusives NEVER make it here, so you either end up buying the Takara version from a hobby store, or none at all.

Well, when all you have are 500 BB's, and everyone in town already has one, sales go down...

Yeah, Hasbro's really blowing their distribution lately. I don't really recall having much trouble finding Classics or Universe toys, or even the first wave of Generations. But I had to go to Kohl's to find Jazz, Smart Toys to find Laser Prime, and I'd given up on Perceptor only for him to turn up one day at Ross. Then for Prime I've never seen Voyager/Powerizer Starscream outside that one time I bought him a TRU, and only occasionally have I seen Bulkhead. I only saw Knock Out once (when I picked him up). I've seen Hot Shot twice, and passed both times. To this day I've never seen Airachnid or the Vehicon. But every time I go to Walmart or Target, I see at least four peg hooks filled to the brim with Bumblebee.

We've got plenty of Knock outs, Hot Shots and Dead Ends in my area, pegs full of all three FoC deluxes and quite a few Bulkheads and Starscreams too if you're willing to pay more than $20 before tax. only thing I haven't seen is vehicon and airachnid (of which I'm only interested in vehicon anyways.)