The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Now if I could just get a Transformer with a Nissan Maxima for an alt...

You might get lucky with a F&F crossover, there was that blue one in the first film; Vince's car.  I would love to see a Transformers/Initial D crossover; the Seekers would become the Evo's.

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Apparently the Haslab Star Saber is fully funded. 11 days to go to reach the stretch goals:

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-victory-saber

It probably got a boost because the Takara Tomy Mall started taking Japanese orders ( @tekering are you going to back it?).  I'm not feeling too confident about it making all the stretch goals, but I think the goals unlock in the order I want them.  Victory Leo/Saber isn't complete without the V-lock cannon, the stand will be useful for displaying them in alt mode, and I don't remember them ever having a shield. 🤷‍♂️

The third Golden Disk pack is up now at Amazon.  It's Mutant Tigatron, which looks like regular Tigatron with Shadow Panther's head and as a orange tiger instead of a white one.  Starting to get bummed; pretty much every idea I had (Earth-mode Tigertrack and Deep Cover?  Glyph and Tapout?  Blue Bluestreak and yellow Diaclone Trailbreaker) is better than Jackpot and Mutant Tigatron.  Oh well, I mean we've seen a blue Bluestreak, so I guess there's still hope for Gens Selects or something.

4 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

You might get lucky with a F&F crossover, there was that blue one in the first film; Vince's car.  I would love to see a Transformers/Initial D crossover; the Seekers would become the Evo's.

Yeah, but that was a '99.  For a Transformer to be my car it'd need to be the current gen.  And what could be cooler than having a Transformer of your own car?  If it were up to me new cars would automatically come with a Transformer version.

An Evo would be cool; I'd kind of hoped to see one in the Alternators or Alternity lines.  My old car was an Evo X, but I sold it after my daughter was born.  It was fun, but not as practical as the Maxima (which is still a surprisingly good drive).  When she's old enough that I don't have to worry about stuffing her in the back seat I'll either trade the Maxima in for something sportier, or decide that I like the comfort enough to get another luxury/sport sedan.

Haven't had the pleasure of driving an Evo, or an Sti for that matter, real world of course. It's actually odd that those cars have eluded me to date; as a Steering/Suspension tech I get to drive quite a few nice "toys" after aligning them. Personally, I'm stuck in the 90's when it comes to vehicles except for one, which is technically my son's.  2/3 Honda's and the daily which is a Chevy full size.

From what I've gathered from the little story leaked about the Golden Disk releases, we have one more Beastformer; perhaps the last release will be a double release like the first, otherwise I'm out.  There is a silhouette of the Wheeljack mold towards the bottom of the first release and this 3rd, but that has meant nothing so far, so...  Yeah, I'm wanting that fifth Datsun as well and would bite on yet more Lambo's.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

No, I'm perfectly happy with MP-24 (which was cheaper, better-proportioned, and more anime-accurate)!

To me that's like two different things, like passing on Earthrise Optimus because you had MP-10/44/TE-01/MS-01. For me personally, I've been enjoying the WfC and SS86 stuff a lot more than the MP stuff lately. Not sure about the price comparison, either, since the Haslab has Victory Leo... what's the cost of MP-24 plus that KFC Victory Leo? Then again, I did notice the TT Mall  price is around $60 more than Pulse's.

Well, it is what it is. Not really trying to talk you into it- you do what's right for your collection- just thinking out loud.

1 minute ago, mikeszekely said:

Well, it is what it is. Not really trying to talk you into it- you do what's right for your collection- just thinking out loud.

I appreciate the insight, especially since I haven't given the HasLab a second look.  So it's a Star Saber/Victory Leo two-pack?  Meaning it's Saber, with parts to upgrade to Star Saber, who can combine with Victory Leo to upgrade to Victory Saber?  That would explain the awkward proportions (which similarly plagued Legends Super Ginrai).

Without a childhood connection to either the original cartoons or the G1 toys, I don't imagine I'd appreciate Victory Saber any more than I do Super Ginrai. <_<

I enjoyed Headmasters for giving Sixshot and Punch/Counterpunch their due, but as soon as legacy characters like Rodimus faded into the background, I lost interest... and everything that followed after Headmasters was either childish and forgettable (Victory), childish and derivative (Car Robots), Transformers-in-name-only (Masterforce), or simply unwatchable (the so-called "Unicron Trilogy").

Honestly, Japanese have never respected Transformers fiction, and their original series embody the worst tropes of anime (the absolute nadir being Transformers Go!), so I tend to avoid Japanese-only characters. 

I only bought FansHobby's "Athena" and "Ace Hitter" because of your recommendations, actually. 😅

I feel the same towards most of the Japanese Transformers. Stuff like Ginrai and Star Saber feels more like Super Robot than Transformers to me, and I'm not really a big Super Robot fan. I watched a little of the Unicron Trilogy, enough to know it held no appeal for me whatsoever, and the toys didn't really grab me either, although I admit I did buy a few of them, including the Fire Engine Prime. But unlike the vast majority of my TF collection, those UT toys never held any lasting affinity for me, and they've long been boxed up and forgotten in storage. Regarding the animation/literature, it always seemed to me that the Japanese definitely went their own direction with the franchise apart from the G1 toon we were watching in the West, and from what little I've seen, I'm not missing out on anything.😄

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Meaning it's Saber, with parts to upgrade to Star Saber, who can combine with Victory Leo to upgrade to Victory Saber?

Correct.

and everything that followed after Headmasters was either childish and forgettable (Victory), childish and derivative (Car Robots), Transformers-in-name-only (Masterforce), or simply unwatchable (the so-called "Unicron Trilogy").

Honestly, Japanese have never respected Transformers fiction, and their original series embody the worst tropes of anime (the absolute nadir being Transformers Go!)

I can't disagree with any of that (although not all their ideas were bad- I very much prefer the Headmasters idea of the small head robots being the actual Cybertronian and the larger bodies being lifeless without them to the very weird idea that Cybertronians allowed their heads to be used as power suits for squishy organic aliens).  Thing is, while later American shows (especially Animated and Prime) were far superior from a story POV, the exaggerated animation of Animated and Prime and the heavy Bayformers influence of Prime are less appealing to me from a transforming robot toy POV.  The Japanese shows were kind of the opposite.  The stories sucked, but I love a lot of love for some of the designs, especially RID 2000 Prime, RiD 2000 Ruination, RiD 2000 Scourge, Armada Prime, Armada Megatron, Armada Tidal Wave,  Armada Starscream, Energon Megatron, Victory Star Saber, Victory Sky Garry, and Zone Dai Atlas.

I only bought FansHobby's "Athena" and "Ace Hitter" because of your recommendations, actually. 😅

I hope you forgive me. 😏

Oh, BTW everyone, while the first three Golden Disk packs were kind of mediocre, the last one is Terrorsaur.  Sold out already on Pulse, here's the Amazon link.

It seems Takara is giving us a Masterpiece sub-line called MPG, which Raiden is going to be a part of. I guess this is the toyline where all the combiners will go.

https://www.taghobby.com/archives/569888

1633079776.JPG.ffa3334cb24e05ee45fbf396632b5c95.JPG

Wouldn't be my preference, but at this point I am expecting the individual combiner robot scaling to be incompatible with the regular MP line. I hope I'm wrong about it.

2 hours ago, lechuck said:

It seems Takara is giving us a Masterpiece sub-line called MPG, which Raiden is going to be a part of. I guess this is the toyline where all the combiners will go.

That's absolutely correct.  The "G" in "MPG" stands for "gattai" (to combine), "giant" and "great," apparently. <_<

I am expecting the individual combiner robot scaling to be incompatible with the regular MP line.

That's absolutely correct as well.  Combiners are rarely to scale with each other, much less other toys in their respective lines...

B83IwJgCQAAo0yY?format=png&name=medium

And even when robot-mode scale (as depicted in the animation) is strictly adhered to, the combined form always ends up about half the size it's supposed to be. :unsure:

21 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Oh, BTW everyone, while the first three Golden Disk packs were kind of mediocre, the last one is Terrorsaur.  Sold out already on Pulse, here's the Amazon link.

Crap, I missed the Pulse offering yesterday; I was on the road heading to Seattle. Another example of why exclusives suck, and suck the joy out of this hobby.

I'm a little surprised, for some inexplicable reason, that they repurposed Airrazor into Terrorsaur. I imagined a new mold, but we're talking Hasbro here, and my own surprise surprises me. ☺️  Doesn't look half bad; honestly, it's the best he's ever looked, looking back at the sparse Terrorsaur toys of yore. 

35 minutes ago, M&#x27;Kyuun said:

Crap, I missed the Pulse offering yesterday; I was on the road heading to Seattle. Another example of why exclusives suck, and suck the joy out of this hobby.

I'm a little surprised, for some inexplicable reason, that they repurposed Airrazor into Terrorsaur. I imagined a new mold, but we're talking Hasbro here, and my own surprise surprises me. ☺️  Doesn't look half bad; honestly, it's the best he's ever looked, looking back at the sparse Terrorsaur toys of yore. 

Where you able to get an Amazon one? I really didn't want to miss Terrorsaur so I actually got preorders at both. I figured I'd cancel whichever ships later, but if someone needs it I could keep it and sell the extra at cost.

That's absolutely correct.  The "G" in "MPG" stands for "gattai" (to combine), "giant" and "great," apparently. <_<

That's absolutely correct as well.  Combiners are rarely to scale with each other, much less other toys in their respective lines...

B83IwJgCQAAo0yY?format=png&name=medium

And even when robot-mode scale (as depicted in the animation) is strictly adhered to, the combined form always ends up about half the size it's supposed to be. :unsure:

Lol I love that picture. 

Sorry this one seem a bit late- still nothing at my local stores, but Amazon finally sent me Studio Series 86 Voyager-class Wreck-Gar.

20211001_212356.jpg.05597ce83c5cf065efefbb5fde3585a7.jpg

really wanted to compare him to some other Wreck-Gars... but I never bothered with either the Legends or Deluxe-class Groove repaints from Combiner Wars, as they didn't really seem like an upgrade over the old Reveal the Shield toy.  And while I should have the RTS version I can't find it anywhere.  So we'll have to make do with SS86 Hot Rod and my most movie-accurate Optimus Prime... and dang, I didn't realize how big Wreck-Gar was.  I mean, I know he's the leader of the Junkions, he was definitely taller than Hot Rod in the movie, and at least some Season 3 episodes did have him around the same size as Rodimus, but somehow I always pegged him around the same size as Springer.  But SS86 Wreck-Gar is definitely taller than Siege Springer.

So... not a lot to complain about with the robot mode, eh?  I could quibble about the exact shades and saturations of the various browns and oranges, but all things considered that's an extremely accurate Wreck-Gar, and I don't have a lot to complain about.  The sculpt is very good, even the face (which was a bit of a weak point for other SS86 figures, notably Kup and Blurr).  The colors are almost entirely where they should be; I had to go back and double-check some scenes, but really the only things I can complain about are that the little knuckle spikes should be red (when they even bothered to draw them), and round base that the chest cannons are attached to should match the cannons.  Everything else, though?  *chef's kiss*

20211001_225831.jpg.881aa805520fe4b7909f5c700d2dc0b3.jpg

OK... there is a bit of the Hasbro Hollows.  You'll see some space saving ones on the insides of his thighs, some gaps in his biceps where the mushroom peg that connects the arms to his shoulders plugs in, and some under his forearms for his wrists to tuck away because Hasbro just can't be arsed to to make cover flaps for that on the bulk of their mainstream toys.  But I'm pretty close to giving them a total pass on that, because his back is otherwise quite clean and cartoon-accurate.  I mean, KFC's MP-style Wreck-Gar cost 4x as much as this and it's got all sorts of kibble on its back.

20211001_212421.jpg.82560c9da4fad8123c623ac2bdc8336e.jpg

The accessories aren't bad, either.  You get his wheels, and they're painted well.  You get the pinwheel axe he used in the movie.  What you don't get is his rifle.  I'd need to go back and watch all of his Season 3 appearances to see if he used it in the cartoon, but I remember the G1 toy having it.  I guess, though, he never had a gun in the movie, so like Grimlock and Slag's swords it's omitted.

20211001_212730.jpg.dadbf28aac235226c57a6ebf2c27fb6d.jpg

Wreck-Gar's head is on a ball joint, and he's got pretty good range looking up and swiveling, but due to the shape of the joint's cutout there's no sideways tilt, and his beard keeps him from looking down.  His shoulders rotate and can extend well beyond 90 degrees laterally.  His biceps swivel, and his elbows bend 90 degrees in the expected direction as well as backward a bit.  His wrists swivel and, due to transformation, they can bend down, which is useful for poses where you want him pointing his axe at someone.  His waist swivels (on my copy his waist swivel was very loose, but a little floor polish in the seam on his back fixed that right up).  Due to his transformation he even has a bit of an ab crunch, something you almost never see in the mainline.  His saddlebags are hinged and move out of the way so that his his can move a little under 90 degrees forward or backward, and over 90 degrees sideways on what appears to be a soft ratchet.  His thighs swivel, and his knees bend just under 90 degrees.  Like his elbows, they can also bend the wrong way.  His feet can tilt down nearly 90 degrees, up a little, and his ankles can pivot about 60 degrees.  Finally, his chest cannons are actually ball joints, so you have a little freedom in how you aim them.  All-in-all it's a bit disappointing to see a couple of those joints miss the 90 degree mark, but I think he redeems himself by get more than 90 on others and having points of articulation like the ab crunch that a lot of other figures in this line don't.

Wreck-Gar's wheels can slide over any of the four large spikes at his wrists and knees (which are not removable), although I believe the "official" spots are are on his left arm and leg.  He can hold his axe or other accessories via his 5mm fists.  He doesn't have much in the way of other 5mm ports, though.  There's one on the outside of either leg, halfway between his knees and his feet, and there's one under each foot, but that's it.  Despite the lack of 5mm ports, though, he does have some weapon storage.  It's just that the storage uses a much smaller peg on the axe to fit into the much smaller hole near the gas cap on his back.

20211001_214618.jpg.4ea78c9774887761142b6fda6f38e07c.jpg

Half of Wreck-Gar's transformation is pretty clever, as his torso separates and extends, allowing the front of the bike to unfurl and his head to tuck into it.  It allows his head to "become" the front of the bike without having a huge head, like the G1 toy, or a tiny front end on the bike.  The other half of his transformation, though, is extremely basic as it's basically just his toes pointing down and his knees bending the wrong way.  Oh, and this probably goes without saying, but it's necessary to partsform his tires.

The bike mode is big, by the way.  Poor little Hot Rod's car is dwarfed by it.  I guess it's easier to overlook than on a lot of other motorcycle Transformers, though, since it's mean to be a ride for other Junkions, not a real-world bike meant for humans.

20211001_214634.jpg.4e144fb645eeb2e6822ffeb7c3841a28.jpg

Wreck-Gar's bike mode is good, but not perfect.  I think it's a hard one to get right, though.  I mean, the toy was basically chest and head up, arms squished in, legs curled around.  The animation model used the basic geometry of that, but also a healthy dose of animation magic to get the arms shrunk into smaller spokes for the front wheel and to blend his leg right into his chest.  The SS86 toy has to try to reconcile that, and that forces them to make some compromises.  His robot shoulders wind up being more visible, and his chest is a bit thinner and leaves some gaps.  But I like how his chest tabs securely into his biceps, and his shoulders in turn tab into his toes, which helps make the bike mode feel solid and at least tries to emulate the seamlessness of the animation model.  And let me just say that I love how the back of Wreck-Gar's head peaks up through the front of the bike to appear as the information cluster.

That said, the one big problem I have with the bike mode is the big gap between his legs and the armature that forms the "seat" of the bike.  It looks so bad, but it also looks like something that could have been avoided if they'd done something as simple as have part of the inside of his lower legs fold or rotate out to fill that spot.  I also wouldn't have minded if they made the seat part black, to help it look more like an actual seat.

20211001_214712.jpg.76bd8ff53ee667a16071a8c7d4f6f39d.jpg

Gimmick-wise, not a lot going on.  There are bits on Wreck-Gar's calves that fold out, so the bike can stay balanced.  The pinwheel axe can use it's small peg to plug into a small hole on the back of the bike, meeting the bare minimum for storage, but it's not particularly pretty there.

20211001_214325.jpg.d504d20a74155ea80c537308cc21edeb.jpg

There's a small fin on the seat of the bike, and a corresponding slot under Wreck-Gar's crotch.  If you have two Wreck-Gars you can have one ride the other, although I'd expect at least one Junkion remold (even if Junkyard hadn't been leaked as a 2022 SS86 release).  Lacking a second Wreck-Gar (though sorely tempted to get another and repaint him), I tried posing both Prime and Hot Rod on him.  He's a bit small for Prime, but Hot Rod looks pretty good there.

Despite having the toy, Wreck-Gar was never a favorite of mine as a kid, so honestly I went into thinking more about how he'd help fill out the WfC/SS86 collection of new-for-the-movie characters.  In hand, though, Wreck-Gar is one of the better figures released this year and I'm quite pleased with him.  My complaints are minimal, and mostly limited to the back of the bike mode.  I'm definitely in for Junkyard, but now I'm hoping that in addition to Junkyard in the main SS86 line that maybe we could get two or three more Junkions in some kind of Gen Selects or Amazon box set.  On top of that, although I'm not holding my breath, with a few tweaks this mold would make for a very passable Cy-Kill (perhaps not totally Hanna-Barbera, but definitely the stylized version that Megatron is killing on the first page of Megatron Origin #2).  But regardless of how many Junkions (and Go-Bots) Hasbro ultimately does or doesn't give us, I highly recommend picking up at least Wreck-Gar.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:33 PM, mikeszekely said:

Correct.

I can't disagree with any of that (although not all their ideas were bad- I very much prefer the Headmasters idea of the small head robots being the actual Cybertronian and the larger bodies being lifeless without them to the very weird idea that Cybertronians allowed their heads to be used as power suits for squishy organic aliens).  Thing is, while later American shows (especially Animated and Prime) were far superior from a story POV, the exaggerated animation of Animated and Prime and the heavy Bayformers influence of Prime are less appealing to me from a transforming robot toy POV.  The Japanese shows were kind of the opposite.  The stories sucked, but I love a lot of love for some of the designs, especially RID 2000 Prime, RiD 2000 Ruination, RiD 2000 Scourge, Armada Prime, Armada Megatron, Armada Tidal Wave,  Armada Starscream, Energon Megatron, Victory Star Saber, Victory Sky Garry, and Zone Dai Atlas.

Probably not possible, but I think you know what I'm about to suggest: combine the incredible stories from the American side and the incredible designs from the Japanese side.

3 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

combine the incredible stories from the American side and the incredible designs from the Japanese side

That's why this Star Saber is the only one that interests me:

43daf3615cb8bb79888fe92a006100bd.jpg

...and why MMC's "Carnifex" is the only Overlord I'll ever need. ^_^

more_than_meets_an_eye_for_an_eye.jpg

22 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Where you able to get an Amazon one? I really didn't want to miss Terrorsaur so I actually got preorders at both. I figured I'd cancel whichever ships later, but if someone needs it I could keep it and sell the extra at cost.

No, I'm at a convention in Seattle, and can't remember my Amazon password to save my life, so I just figured I'd pass on him. But if you're getting an extra, I'll take it off your hands. Thanks, Mike.

52 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Now that I backed the Haslab Star Saber I feel the urge to buy other toys of him, especially the PlanetX and IronTrans ones.

Funny, I had the opposite reaction. For a time I'd considered getting the PX one to go with my WFC stuff, but an official release fills that hole in the collection. And the overall quality of WFC and SS86 plus shelves that are fast approaching their limits had cooled me on MP-scale figures in general.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:35 PM, tekering said:

That is true, but I'm not sure you understood my issue or if I'm just not understanding the point of your answer to it.

Perhaps I should have wrote relative robot size instead of robot scale, basically I just want the MPG line to adhere/match relatively with the existing MP robot sizes. Stunticons would be a special case, their vehicle forms need to also match with the Autobot cars/trucks. To an extent this would also apply to the Protectobots, Combaticons and maybe Contructicons.

Edited by lechuck

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I should have wrote relative robot size instead of robot scale, basically I just want the MPG line to adhere/match relatively with the existing MP robot sizes.

For the individual robots, it's entirely possible -- FansToys, XTB, DX9, MMC, Toyworld and Zeta have certainly proven as much -- but it'll never be possible with the combined modes, because of how ridiculously oversized the combiners were consistently depicted in the animation.

chance_meeting_on_a_sunny_day.jpg

Thankfully, we have a lot of cartoon-accurate figures at smaller scales these days, so between Earthrise/Kingdom and 3P Legends, you'll probably find a satisfying size for whatever mode you choose to display your combiner teams in. ^_^

@mikeszekelyI'm back home today, and discovered that my copy of Kingdom Slag is due to be delivered. Pretty excited to get him in hand.  I was also able to PO Terrorsaur on Amazon, so while I won't be needing your extra copy. I'm extremely grateful for the offer and opportunity.

So, I was looking at some Tamashi Stage Act stands I have for some Bandai HMR Valks and noticed the stand seems like 5mm plug. Looked at the Studio Series '86 figures on the shelf, Hot Rod / Jazz and see they have a port could be useful for a stand. Tried it out and surprisingly seems to fit, not sure exact size, but doesn't seem to big or small.

Anyway thought was interesting.

Hot Rod doing a Trinity ala Matrix Revolutions

IMG_20211005_175435.jpg.fe45ebac24016c75b8ea10c6317aa290.jpg

Attached to Stand

IMG_20211005_175446.jpg.acf0c67bd461f66818d731644c483b1d.jpg

I think most (all) Transformers since Siege (maybe before?) have a little port for a stand.  Thing is, aside from the little one that came with Studio Series RotF Soundwave they don't really mention it, and Hasbro doesn't seem to sell any official stands, so I never really bring it up in my reviews.

It's good to know that the Tamashii ones work, but I really wish Hasbro would release something official.

EDIT: Victory Saber's just under a 1000 to the V-lock cannon, with a little under a week to go.  Not sure when the retailers put their orders in, but as it stands I'm guessing we get the cannon, the stand is iffy, and I'm not counting on the shield and Micromasters.

The Hasbro Pulse Youtube channel has an interview up with Hisashi Yuki, the designer for both MP Star Saber and the Haslab one.  While I'm sure there's lots of interesting tidbits in that interview (haven't watched it yet, maybe after I pick my daughter up from school), one thing that caught my attention is the size.  You can clearly see Haslab Star Saber is about a head shorter than the MP, and Yuki says that the combined Victory Saber will be as tall as MP Star Saber.  So... anyone with a couple of different size WfC/SS86 figures and MP Star Saber want to put up some pics for size comparisons?

Edited by mikeszekely

19 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I think most (all) Transformers since Siege (maybe before?) have a little port for a stand.  Thing is, aside from the little one that came with Studio Series RotF Soundwave they don't really mention it, and Hasbro doesn't seem to sell any official stands, so I never really bring it up in my reviews.

It's good to know that the Tamashii ones work, but I really wish Hasbro would release something official.

EDIT: Victory Saber's just under a 1000 to the V-lock cannon, with a little under a week to go.  Not sure when the retailers put their orders in, but as it stands I'm guessing we get the cannon, the stand is iffy, and I'm not counting on the shield and Micromasters.

The Hasbro Pulse Youtube channel has an interview up with Hisashi Yuki, the designer for both MP Star Saber and the Haslab one.  While I'm sure there's lots of interesting tidbits in that interview (haven't watched it yet, maybe after I pick my daughter up from school), one thing that caught my attention is the size.  You can clearly see Haslab Star Saber is about a head shorter than the MP, and Yuki says that the combined Victory Saber will be as tall as MP Star Saber.  So... anyone with a couple of different size WfC/SS86 figures and MP Star Saber want to put up some pics for size comparisons?

Ya seems a lacking thing tbh - an official stand accessory would be awesome! indeed. Love the reviews btw keep em coming.

RE: VS - I've backed him but kinda wondering if even the 1st stretch goal would be reached. tbh it would be great with all the extras. Though I'm on the fence if it doesn't. Guess will see. Oh interesting, I will have to watch that as think I missed that one. Cheers.

6 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Yuki says that the combined Victory Saber will be as tall as MP Star Saber.

Roughly equal to Siege Jetfire, then.

1401468858_brandmismanagement.jpg.b4fd5d2a7fd55963f7ec99bfff8bd1fe.jpg

Wheeljack, of course, is the only Victory character to have received a toy version of late (since Perceptor's not out yet).

Hell, the only reason Wheeljack appeared in Victory to begin with is because nobody even bothered to tell the writers that he'd been killed in Transformers: The Movie, which just goes to show how badly the franchise had been mismanaged in Japan. <_<

Clear images of Shouki available - still no idea how tall it is in robot form.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/10/06/transformers-masterpiece-shouki-official-stock-images-442327

Masterpiece-Shouki-06.jpg

love the design, it really looks like OG transformer, but oh man I think it will have a huge backpack, nonetheless I definitely getting a PO for this one :D 

image.png.41cf92ea8854f432f2f27b242ff30a5e.png

I must say, that's the most photo-realistic CG toy rendering I've ever seen.  :ohmy:

Hell, the .jpg artifacts look like dust, even.

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Oh, he's a chunky boy.

Not nearly as chunky as he used to be... 😅

Shouki-1987-C125-Trainbots-robot-61.jpg

...but as Raiden's torso, he kinda has to be. :unknw:

On 10/5/2021 at 2:01 PM, obakesan said:

RE: VS - I've backed him but kinda wondering if even the 1st stretch goal would be reached

The first stretch goal was reached.

5 hours ago, Alex GS said:

love the design, it really looks like OG transformer, but oh man I think it will have a huge backpack, nonetheless I definitely getting a PO for this one :D 

I'm on the fence.