The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Get yourself a Blu-Ray player, and join us in the 21st century. :p

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rad-Blu-ray/283065/

I have one, technically, XBox1; even have a few Blu-rays but without a corresponding TV and sound system, what's the point?  My DVD collection is far too vast to have to begin replacing everything again. My parents owned a couple of video rental stores (C.C. Entertainments) from Betamax to Laser Disc. When the stores finally closed; too much competition(every grocery store and gas station) I got to pick out one hell of a collection; which was then replaced when I worked for Blockbuster a few years before their bubble burst.  Honestly, I'm not thrilled with the newer T.V.'s, the clarity is exceptional but I feel like I'm watching an old "home video" and not a show or actual movie, it loses some of it's magic, to me.

Foot meet mouth, again. It wasn't officially released until March of this year in Steelbook and yesterday in usual packaging. Choices, choices; thanks for the links!

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, back to Transformer stuff.

So here's a random thought.

Thanks to the other thread, I was thinking about the Omnibots. And all three of them were differentiated from the "Autobot Cars" by one thing: being mail-order exclusives... okay, they were differentiated by TWO things: that AND having a "combat vehicle" mode where they turn into cars with guns like they just broke out of MASK.
And I realized something: there's ONE Transformer from that initial group that made it into the mainline, but has the same "not a triple-changer, but has a battle car" mode.

I believe that if the Omnibots had been part of the mainline and in the cartoon and the catalog instead of trapped in "fake transformer" mail-order hell with a bunch of other losers(and Reflector, the little sneaks!), that the Omnibots subgroup would've been made of Downshift, Overdrive, Camshaft, and Tracks. Seriously, the only reasons I can see Tracks not being an Omnibot are that he wasn't trapped in the mail-order promotion, and his weapons weren't chromed.. wait, maybe he WAS an Omnibot, and got kicked off the team because his guns weren't shiny! That's my headcanon going forward.

You may applaud my profound insight at your leisure. Thank you for coming to my TED talk your time.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Seriously, the only reasons I can see Tracks not being an Omnibot are that he wasn't trapped in the mail-order promotion, and his weapons weren't chromed...

...and more significantly, he was considerably larger than the others.

193266084_doesntholdwater.jpg.5e4572034ea8793cd7ded974b34b15ed.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, mikeszekely said:

Hey, I meant to ask, is anyone else going to see the '86 movie in theaters? I got my ticket. I ordered the Matt Ferguson x Transformers ringer tee from Zavvi to wear to it.

Oh DUDE!!!!! I had no idea they were showing this!  I just got my two tickets for Sunday Sep 26th down here in a great theater that I went to see Close Encounters re-release in a few years back! I'm STOKED! Haven't seen TFTM since 86 in a theater!!!! :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

what's the likelyhood that dorkside will get TFs in before pulse?  I'm thinking about cancelling some pulse orders.

At this rate?  Who even knows anymore.  Does Dorkside allow you to cancel preorders?  Then you could just cancel whichevever ships last.

Speaking of Pulse, they finally shipped a few things.  Not the Ark, but just enough for a quick Repaint Roundup.

20210820_171634.jpg.df4704963dc9febec9ab799882103639.jpg

We'll start with Generations Selects Voyager-class G2 Ramjet.  I love the garish late-'80s teal and purple, but if you have either the regular Ramjet or Gen Selects G2 Sandstorm, you should know what you're getting as there's no changes to the mold.  Might have been nice if they gave the non-conehead Seeker head to one of them, but maybe that's just me.  And while the purple, black, and teal is all fine I kind of think the silver paint in lieu of the sticker details is just lazy.  

20210820_170732.jpg.9c64176583d4ea465eac002f56eab58c.jpg

Jet mode, and it's just a repeat of what I said about the bot mode.  Black, purple, and teal looks fine, but there's no red marks around the intakes on his engine nacelles, and no "DC" on his vertical stabilizers.  At least they put the "Ramjet" tampo under the cockpit.

Side note, with Sandstorm already filling a G2 version of this mold I found myself wishing for a repaint of Dirge or Thrust instead... except apparently G1 Thrust and Dirge were never repainted.  In G2 Starscream and Ramjet were released, and then Blackout (using Starscream's mold) and Sandstorm were planned but never released.

Huh.  Now I kind of want Earthrise Starscream repainted as G2 Starscream and G2 Blackout...

...and Sunstorm.  And Acid Storm.

...and maybe Nacelle, Hotlink, and Redwing.  But for some reason I don't really want Earth-modes for Bitstream, Ion Storm, or Nova Storm.

I'm getting off topic.  Did you like Earthrise Ramjet?  Would you like that toy again in his G2 colors?  Then go for it!  But if you're just worried about getting the cast of the Sunbow cartoon you probably have enough Seekers that you can safely pass on G2 Ramjet.

20210819_213914.jpg.c73ccec866cc255de583368aacfe5704.jpg

The other figure we've got up is the Walgreen's-exclusive Deluxe-class Kingdom Red Alert.  He is, as you'd expect, a retool of the Siege toy, although in robot mode from this angle the only noticeable mold change his his chest.  The reds on the Kingdom figure are a bit brighter, and of course the big red stripe with the Cybertronian writing has been replaced with something a bit more traditional (if a little smallish).  

I find the deco choices on Red Alert to be kind of odd.  Like, he's got the stubbier ears, red helmet, and gray shins & feet of the cartoon... but the red thighs and shoulder bumps of the G1 toy.  Then, bizarrely, red arms.  Neither the toy, the cartoon, or even Clampdown had red arms.  From the biceps down the arms are the same as the Siege mold, so I'm just going to grab another copy for Siege Red Alert to steal the arms off of EDIT: Nevermind, the colors don't match; Siege is a bit yellower.  Alas, replacing the thighs isn't going to happen unless you're comfortable removing a rivet pin.

20210819_214007.jpg.4967249d7566343a8ed9e199a20422ac.jpg

Like his Siege counterpart, Kingdom Red Alert comes with a rifle and the removable light bar.  Unlike the Siege version, he also comes with the gun/shoulder cannon that Siege Sideswipe did, giving you a relatively complete look.  Although, if you bought a Lambo Weapons set from Nonnef, the slits in the shoulder bits are the same so you can still use them on the Kingdom version.

20210819_222055.jpg.c63c287ebd4014bc3fb2fca91a0dc360.jpg

It's the alt mode where we can see the most changes.  There's a surprising amount of black paint and very little red on the car; I'd trade the black paint on the vents it in a heartbeat for some red along the skirt and a few extra "F.D." tampos.  While the car modes might seem fairly similar, I do believe that the exterior (minus the wheels) is entirely remolded.

20210819_222127.jpg.895b0aedc39c79ad5545af0d675033ae.jpg

Of course, what it's been remolded into is a car that's a lot closer to Earthrise Sunstreaker and his repaints (like Cordon, here).  The nose is flatter along the front edge, with the same indent-within-an-indent hood.  Red Alert has more seams due to his transformation, but you can see the molded lines to follow the door and the indent with the black paint, and the side windows with the hockey stick-shaped line running through it.  They both have the vents over the rear tires, and Red Alert's rear tapers like Cordon's in a way the Siege mold doesn't.  Speaking of the rear, Red Alert now has the pentagonal sides with the narrow space between them where the lights would be on a real Countach, and he's even got the same thin raised line going across it.

It's a shame, then, that Hasbro kept the Siege version's wheels, instead of bringing over the more LP500-esque ones they used on the Sunstreaker mold.

20210819_222209.jpg.65dcfa158296854b223bda014703a8ce.jpg

The biggest difference between Red Alert (and eventually Sideswipe) and Cordon (or Sunstreaker) is space between the vents over the wheels.  Red Alert just has some basic painted slats and none of the 5mm ports that Cordon has.  This is fine, though... I use the two rear ports for a spoiler on Cordon, and the engine accessory covers the rest.

Speaking of spoilers, sadly, you can't use the same Nonnef spoilers he made for the Siege mold.  Those spoilers fit into a rectangular cutout on that mold that the Kingdom mold simply doesn't have.  However, there is a triangular cutout in about the same spot, so in theory Nonnef could still make a spoiler for the Kingdom mold.  I sent him a message about it, I'll let you know if I hear back.

Anyway, I've invested a lot of money on the Siege mold, having bought Sideswipe, Red Alert, a second Red Alert I customized into Clampdown, Tigertrack, Gen Selects Deep Cover, and Netflix Deep Cover, then Nonnef weapons for all five and spoilers for all but Netflix Deep Cover.  I can't honestly say that I want to do that again with the Kingdom mold*, but for the actually-on-TV Red Alert and Sideswipe it's nice to have a version that's a lot closer to the supposedly-the-same-car modes as Sunstreaker and company, so I recommend getting them if you can.

*Who am I kidding?  I'd at the very least buy this mold again as Deep Cover, Tigertrack, and Clampdown.  But not blue Deep Cover.

...ok, blue Deep Cover, too.

Edited by mikeszekely

1 hour ago, Negotiator said:

what's the likelyhood that dorkside will get TFs in before pulse?  I'm thinking about cancelling some pulse orders.

It varies.  Sometimes they get Transformers and other figures before Hasbro Pulse and vice versa.

16 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

At this rate?  Who even knows anymore.  Does Dorkside allow you to cancel preorders?  Then you could just cancel whichevever ships last.

You can cancel preorders at Dorkside but if you want to maintain free shipping then make sure that the total of the rest of the order is still $99 or more.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, mikeszekely said:

Speaking of Pulse, they finally shipped a few things.  Not the Ark, but just enough for a quick Repaint Roundup.

20210820_171634.jpg.df4704963dc9febec9ab799882103639.jpg

We'll start with Generations Selects Voyager-class G2 Ramjet.  I love the garish late-'80s teal and purple, but if you have either the regular Ramjet or Gen Selects G2 Sandstorm, you should know what you're getting as there's no changes to the mold.  Might have been nice if they gave the non-conehead Seeker head to one of them, but maybe that's just me.  And while the purple, black, and teal is all fine I kind of think the silver paint in lieu of the sticker details is just lazy.  

20210820_170732.jpg.9c64176583d4ea465eac002f56eab58c.jpg

Jet mode, and it's just a repeat of what I said about the bot mode.  Black, purple, and teal looks fine, but there's no red marks around the intakes on his engine nacelles, and no "DC" on his vertical stabilizers.  At least they put the "Ramjet" tampo under the cockpit.

Side note, with Sandstorm already filling a G2 version of this mold I found myself wishing for a repaint of Dirge or Thrust instead... except apparently G1 Thrust and Dirge were never repainted.  In G2 Starscream and Ramjet were released, and then Blackout (using Starscream's mold) and Sandstorm were planned but never released.

Huh.  Now I kind of want Earthrise Starscream repainted as G2 Starscream and G2 Blackout...

...and Sunstorm.  And Acid Storm.

...and maybe Nacelle, Hotlink, and Redwing.  But for some reason I don't really want Earth-modes for Bitstream, Ion Storm, or Nova Storm.

I'm getting off topic.  Did you like Earthrise Ramjet?  Would you like that toy again in his G2 colors?  Then go for it!  But if you're just worried about getting the cast of the Sunbow cartoon you probably have enough Seekers that you can safely pass on G2 Ramjet.

20210819_213914.jpg.c73ccec866cc255de583368aacfe5704.jpg

The other figure we've got up is the Walgreen's-exclusive Deluxe-class Kingdom Red Alert.  He is, as you'd expect, a retool of the Siege toy, although in robot mode from this angle the only noticeable mold change his his chest.  The reds on the Kingdom figure are a bit brighter, and of course the big red stripe with the Cybertronian writing has been replaced with something a bit more traditional (if a little smallish).  

I find the deco choices on Red Alert to be kind of odd.  Like, he's got the stubbier ears, red helmet, and gray shins & feet of the cartoon... but the red thighs and shoulder bumps of the G1 toy.  Then, bizarrely, red arms.  Neither the toy, the cartoon, or even Clampdown had red arms.  From the biceps down the arms are the same as the Siege mold, so I'm just going to grab another copy for Siege Red Alert to steal the arms off of EDIT: Nevermind, the colors don't match; Siege is a bit yellower.  Alas, replacing the thighs isn't going to happen unless you're comfortable removing a rivet pin.

20210819_214007.jpg.4967249d7566343a8ed9e199a20422ac.jpg

Like his Siege counterpart, Kingdom Red Alert comes with a rifle and the removable light bar.  Unlike the Siege version, he also comes with the gun/shoulder cannon that Siege Sideswipe did, giving you a relatively complete look.  Although, if you bought a Lambo Weapons set from Nonnef, the slits in the shoulder bits are the same so you can still use them on the Kingdom version.

20210819_222055.jpg.c63c287ebd4014bc3fb2fca91a0dc360.jpg

It's the alt mode where we can see the most changes.  There's a surprising amount of black paint and very little red on the car; I'd trade the black paint on the vents it in a heartbeat for some red along the skirt and a few extra "F.D." tampos.  While the car modes might seem fairly similar, I do believe that the exterior (minus the wheels) is entirely remolded.

20210819_222127.jpg.895b0aedc39c79ad5545af0d675033ae.jpg

Of course, what it's been remolded into is a car that's a lot closer to Earthrise Sunstreaker and his repaints (like Cordon, here).  The nose is flatter along the front edge, with the same indent-within-an-indent hood.  Red Alert has more seams due to his transformation, but you can see the molded lines to follow the door and the indent with the black paint, and the side windows with the hockey stick-shaped line running through it.  They both have the vents over the rear tires, and Red Alert's rear tapers like Cordon's in a way the Siege mold doesn't.  Speaking of the rear, Red Alert now has the pentagonal sides with the narrow space between them where the lights would be on a real Countach, and he's even got the same thin raised line going across it.

It's a shame, then, that Hasbro kept the Siege version's wheels, instead of bringing over the more LP500-esque ones they used on the Sunstreaker mold.

20210819_222209.jpg.65dcfa158296854b223bda014703a8ce.jpg

The biggest difference between Red Alert (and eventually Sideswipe) and Cordon (or Sunstreaker) is space between the vents over the wheels.  Red Alert just has some basic painted slats and none of the 5mm ports that Cordon has.  This is fine, though... I use the two rear ports for a spoiler on Cordon, and the engine accessory covers the rest.

Speaking of spoilers, sadly, you can't use the same Nonnef spoilers he made for the Siege mold.  Those spoilers fit into a rectangular cutout on that mold that the Kingdom mold simply doesn't have.  However, there is a triangular cutout in about the same spot, so in theory Nonnef could still make a spoiler for the Kingdom mold.  I sent him a message about it, I'll let you know if I hear back.

Anyway, I've invested a lot of money on the Siege mold, having bought Sideswipe, Red Alert, a second Red Alert I customized into Clampdown, Tigertrack, Gen Selects Deep Cover, and Netflix Deep Cover, then Nonnef weapons for all five and spoilers for all but Netflix Deep Cover.  I can't honestly say that I want to do that again with the Kingdom mold*, but for the actually-on-TV Red Alert and Sideswipe it's nice to have a version that's a lot closer to the supposedly-the-same-car modes as Sunstreaker and company, so I recommend getting them if you can.

*Who am I kidding?  I'd at the very least buy this mold again as Deep Cover, Tigertrack, and Clampdown.  But not blue Deep Cover.

...ok, blue Deep Cover, too.

😄You're funny.  I don't collect as many versions of the various molds as you do, as I usually try to be one and done on a mold unless there's some thing about it that sets it apart. In the case of the whole WfC series, moving into Legacy, I'm bending that rule quite a bit for the sake of completing the main first season cast, and then some. If it's a good mold, as both the Siege and ER Sideswipes turned out to be, then I don't mind having more. I'm still not buying all versions, but quite a few more than I have in the past.  Nice review. My copy is slated for delivery today, so I'll get to do my own in hand comparison with his Siege counterpart later today. :)

I hadn't noticed it until looking at your pics, but it's lamentable that Has/Tak didn't slightly indent the tail light detail on both ER Lambo bros to match the original car and make it easier for us DIYers to paint them in the absence of factory paint. The shapes of those lights is still iconic, and to have them, and have them painted, on these figs would have been nice. They're unlicensed, and so not exact copies of the Countach, but enough salient detail is there to give a strong impression. It's little details like painted tail lights, rims, etc  that I hope we'll see more of with Legacy, since Hasbro made a tidy profit this last quarter. I know Transformers is only one of their many brands, but it's still one of their most lucrative, and it'd be nice to see a little upshot in quality in the next batch of figs. It'd also be nice if all the requisite G1 toy weapons/accessories, minus fists and other partsforming elements, came in the box with each fig as well, rather than relying on third parties to kit them out. Too, stuff like the ER Vanette bros' feet and roof should be fixed before production. It's lazy and spoils what could be a great fig if they just tried.  I'm digressing hard into gripe territory. We all know the shortcomings.  So, it's nice when something like ER Sideswipe/RA comes along, as the Siege version was so close to the Countach look, I didn't think Hasbro would bother. Glad to be wrong. 

Oh, and FWIW, both the black and blue versions of Siege Deep Cover have his tail lights painted, but neither Siege Sideswipe nor Red Alert do. So much inconsistency in this line. Really makes you wonder how these things are decided.

Anyway, the real Lamborghini Countach's backside for your viewing pleasure. Bellisimo!

See the source image

34 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Yeah. The old Countach had a very distinct look. But pretty much every Lambo since the Reventon looks kinda the same. The new Countach is no exception.

+1...As technically great as all the modern Lambo's are, I truly believe after the Murcielago SV LP670, they lost something. That was the last "great one" IMHO. 

14 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

+1...As technically great as all the modern Lambo's are, I truly believe after the Murcielago SV LP670, they lost something. That was the last "great one" IMHO. 

And that was shortly after Volkswagen bought them.

I'd wager that their owners are pressuring them to make reasonable sports cars that can easily be mass-produced, and follow trends(there's a friggin' Lambo TRUCK), and hit a target for new model introduction. They won't let them just be crazy kids doing awesome things.

The Egoista is a unique design, reminiscent of the Mach 5 from Speed Racer. But yeah, the last few car models from Lamborghini, although pretty designs, are very similar in their looks and not as daring as the original Countach, including the new Countach. Too, their foray into sedans and SUVs kinda misses the point. 

Anyway, this thread went astray quickly. Guess I shouldn't have posted that pic. :p

As seems to be more and more typical over the last couple years with Fed Ex deliveries, my Kingdom Red Alert, which was scheduled for delivery yesterday, then today, now shows pending, although it was showing in transit 40 minutes away in the Spokane Valley this morning. I don't know what's up with Fed Ex, but I've had any number of deliveries seem to arrive within the area, only to go pending for some odd reason. I'm guessing it'll be out for delivery tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.  Just seems odd that it gets so close, with what one would assume would be enough time to make it to the local depot and on a truck for delivery within the same day, but doesn't.

33 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Too, their foray into sedans and SUVs kinda misses the point. 

It seems like the point of those was actually "Volkswagen ordered us to double our sales, so I guess we need to make cheaper and rore practical cars"

33 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Anyway, this thread went astray quickly. Guess I shouldn't have posted that pic. :p

I firmly believe all Countaches are robots in disguise, so we stayed on-topic!

On 8/22/2021 at 12:15 PM, M'Kyuun said:

😄You're funny.

Can't help it.  The Seekers, the Sideswipe mold, and the Datsun mold are like Pokemon- gotta catch 'em all.  I'm mad I dragged my feet and missed G2 Sideswipe.

5 hours ago, Negotiator said:

"Available for preorder now for pulse premium members and receive your copy six months to a year later than everyone else!"

Sad but true.  I should see how many Pulse-exclusive or other retailer-exclusive-but-also-on-Pulse stuff actually came out this year, go back to Amazon for the regular stuff, and figure out if Pulse Premium was actually worth what it saved me in shipping.

In any case, hopefully this FFF is a bit more impressive than Scourge with swapped hands and Starscream with extra coronation gear.

EDIT:  Forgot, I wanted to talk about some more leaks, from Target's DCPI system.  I'm not going to bother with the new movie stuff, as something like "George Transformers" is pretty meaningless at this point, but there's some more Legacy stuff.  Rather than just post the new ones, I'll repost everything that's been leaked for Legacy so far.  As always, take it with a grain of salt, but some of these DCPI listings jive with stuff I'd heard earlier.  And no, I don't know if some of these like Galvatron are repackages of the WfC ones.  My gut tells me it probably is, but with Kingdom venturing outside of G1 who knows?

Leader:

Dragon Megatron
Optimus Prime
Galvatron
Blitzwing

Voyager

Bulkhead
Blaster
Soundwave
Jhiaxus

Deluxe

Tarantulas
Skids
Dragstrip
Kickback
Soundwave
Energon Monster
Elita-1
Crankcase
Pointblank
Knock Out
Dead End

Then there's these last two groups... I don't have any official word on what the class names are, but they're in two different price points in Target's system but well below the Deluxes, so...

Energon Monster
Soundwave
Optimus Prime
Skywarp
Iguanus
Megatron
Hot Rod

and slightly less expensive

Skybyte
Shockwave

Oh, and remember how we were all kind of bummed when the leaked Studio Series 86 Ratchet and Ironhide were priced like Core-class figures?  Sources have told me that, yeah, they're getting small figures... but we should also expect to see Voyager-class versions.  Word is that they'll be like Hot Rod; about the same size as the current Deluxes, but with much better engineering and accessories due to the Voyager budget.

Edited by mikeszekely

I hope the last part turns out to be true. I hope they go back and redo Astrotrain with better alts at some point, too. I'm happy to see Blitzwing on the list; he was always my favorite triple-changer due to the alt modes, although admittedly, his jet mode was heavily compromised, and those compromises seem to affect many modern third party takes as well.  I have little faith in Has/Tak's ability to improve the jet mode, but a more G1 accurate toy still stirs my curiosity.  Somehow, I have a feeling the turret will pop off and become some other accessory this time around, as that seems to be the trend.:rolleyes:

Wonder why there's another voyager Soundwave? New fig with better, more accurate engineering, or just another repaint? Hopefully the former. The Netflix Soundwave is ok, certainly a far cry better than the Siege version with its lame excuse for an alt mode, but the way the shins are backwards in Walkman mode bugs me, as well as the crappy weapons placement. I wish they'd they'd copy the G1 toy, which produced a more accurate looking Walkman, not to mention storing the weapons like the batteries they were meant to represent. It was, and remains, such a nigh perfect toy; all it really needed was updated articulation.

Bulkhead's an interesting addition; I wonder if he's going to be an Animated or Prime homage? Animated could stand a little love, but I'm biased.

Nice to see Kickback in deluxe scale, as well as Skids, whose design I always liked. It'll be interesting getting both a mainline and MP version of the same character within months of each other. Hopefully the other Insecticons aren't far behind.

I hope Elita-1 is indeed a brand new, and hopefully much improved, mold than the lazy shellforming Arcee mold. It'd be nice to see at least some effort put into making part of her become her car mode rather than just wearing the whole damned thing on her back.<_<

Still no Brawn, Gears, or Windcharger.🤕 Hopefully in the next batch, or part of Friday's reveals.

11 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Can't help it.  The Seekers, the Sideswipe mold, and the Datsun mold are like Pokemon- gotta catch 'em all.  I'm mad I dragged my feet and missed G2 Sideswipe.

Sad but true.  I should see how many Pulse-exclusive or other retailer-exclusive-but-also-on-Pulse stuff actually came out this year, go back to Amazon for the regular stuff, and figure out if Pulse Premium was actually worth what it saved me in shipping.

In any case, hopefully this FFF is a bit more impressive than Scourge with swapped hands and Starscream with extra coronation gear.

EDIT:  Forgot, I wanted to talk about some more leaks, from Target's DCPI system.  I'm not going to bother with the new movie stuff, as something like "George Transformers" is pretty meaningless at this point, but there's some more Legacy stuff.  Rather than just post the new ones, I'll repost everything that's been leaked for Legacy so far.  As always, take it with a grain of salt, but some of these DCPI listings jive with stuff I'd heard earlier.  And no, I don't know if some of these like Galvatron are repackages of the WfC ones.  My gut tells me it probably is, but with Kingdom venturing outside of G1 who knows?

Leader:

Dragon Megatron
Optimus Prime
Galvatron
Blitzwing

Voyager

Bulkhead
Blaster
Soundwave
Jhiaxus

Deluxe

Tarantulas
Skids
Dragstrip
Kickback
Soundwave
Energon Monster
Elita-1
Crankcase
Pointblank
Knock Out
Dead End

Then there's these last two groups... I don't have any official word on what the class names are, but they're in two different price points in Target's system but well below the Deluxes, so...

Energon Monster
Soundwave
Optimus Prime
Skywarp
Iguanus
Megatron
Hot Rod

and slightly less expensive

Skybyte
Shockwave

Oh, and remember how we were all kind of bummed when the leaked Studio Series 86 Ratchet and Ironhide were priced like Core-class figures?  Sources have told me that, yeah, they're getting small figures... but we should also expect to see Voyager-class versions.  Word is that they'll be like Hot Rod; about the same size as the current Deluxes, but with much better engineering and accessories due to the Voyager budget.

Man, i'm a little miffed I bought the ironhide and ratchet (and ratchet was a part of a set that i didn't care much for the other figure either) earthrise molds if they are doing them better for SS86.  i bought them because i wanted the chracters represented in my WFC/newo CHUG/classics/whateverversemainline toys .  granted they are 2 different lines but we ALL know everybody mixing and matching those...even hasbro themselves with earthrise starscream redeco plus extras being a SS86 coronation screamer.  and lets face it, cyclonus was rodimus were not in WFC and their figures have somewhat less extra detialing some of the WFC designs so we know those were designed as SS86 guys.  anyway annoyed they ddin't do the van bros right the first time around.  Also... happy to hear blitzwing is coming but the astrotrain it pairs with is....tragic.   also glad to see blaster is coming.  also intersting to see some stunticon names....but not all of them.  does that mean they will just be remolds of some of the autobots and not actually combine?

Just now, Mechapilot77 said:

Man, i'm a little miffed I bought the ironhide and ratchet (and ratchet was a part of a set that i didn't care much for the other figure either) earthrise molds if they are doing them better for SS86.  i bought them because i wanted the chracters represented in my WFC/newo CHUG/classics/whateverversemainline toys .  granted they are 2 different lines but we ALL know everybody mixing and matching those...even hasbro themselves with earthrise starscream redeco plus extras being a SS86 coronation screamer.  and lets face it, cyclonus was rodimus were not in WFC and their figures have somewhat less extra detialing some of the WFC designs so we know those were designed as SS86 guys.  anyway annoyed they ddin't do the van bros right the first time around.  Also... happy to hear blitzwing is coming but the astrotrain it pairs with is....tragic.   also glad to see blaster is coming.  also intersting to see some stunticon names....but not all of them.  does that mean they will just be remolds of some of the autobots and not actually combine?  also elita 1 i hope is just not a repack but a dedicated new mold based on the G1 cartoon design.  also agree, hope its not a shellformer.

43 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Man, i'm a little miffed I bought the ironhide and ratchet (and ratchet was a part of a set that i didn't care much for the other figure either) earthrise molds if they are doing them better for SS86.  i bought them because i wanted the chracters represented in my WFC/newo CHUG/classics/whateverversemainline toys .  granted they are 2 different lines but we ALL know everybody mixing and matching those...even hasbro themselves with earthrise starscream redeco plus extras being a SS86 coronation screamer.  and lets face it, cyclonus was rodimus were not in WFC and their figures have somewhat less extra detialing some of the WFC designs so we know those were designed as SS86 guys. 

It's my understanding that SS86 actually started as part of Kingdom, but they were moved to make room for the Beast Wars characters.

46 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

also intersting to see some stunticon names....but not all of them.  does that mean they will just be remolds of some of the autobots and not actually combine?

No, this is just what's been found in Target's DCPI system so far. I've heard from other sources that we're getting all the Stunticons, they will combine, and that Motormaster will probably be Leader-class, possibly Commander.

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

Still waiting for my Ark, but it looks like Shattered Glass Blurr is shipping.

Heh, I'm still waiting for  eight of the nine Kingdom figs I POed thru Pulse, ER Thrust from Target (which I POed quite a few months back), and SS86 Slag, Kingdom Sideswipe/Maximal Skywarp, and the Jurassic Park two-pack from Amazon.   The only toy I've received recently was Kingdom Red Alert, with whom I'm pretty happy, other than the odd color choices that don't really match the G1 toy or the toon. I'm thinking of painting him to more closely homage the G1 toy, which I still have.  I like the changes to the mold that bring him to the doorstep of being a Countach without being a Countach.😊 In this and Jazz's cases, close enough is good enough for me. It's better than nothing at all, especially in Jazz's case.

So, I'm playing the waiting game. I'm patient, though.  

12 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Is it done kind of restock? I got Thrust months ago.

Um, no. I just did some backtracking to see when I ordered it (October 2020), and the order was canceled in December of last year and a gift card emailed to me.  Apparently I wasn't paying too close attention to what was going on, lost track of it, and have been waiting on it all this time. Due to many preorders from numerous vendors, as well as a poor memory, last year I started annotating what I've got on PO with what vendors, and I've had Thrust in there all this time. I strive to keep it current, but sometimes I miss stuff.

I don't think I voluntarily cancelled Thrust. He's my favorite of the Coneheads, and I wanted him to round out my collection of original three Seekers and the three Coneheads. Something happened there, and it flew under my radar for some reason. Anyway, I guess I can check him off my list now; unless they do a reissue at MSRP or a bit over, I won't be getting him at scalper prices. C'est la vie.  I wanted him for completion's sake, but if I'm being honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the ER Seeker mold IIRC, Hasui was the designer for that mold, and in an interview he mentioned borrowing heavily from the Classics mold due to extreme time constraints and lower budget. IMHO, it shows, and I wish we'd gotten better.  The Classics toy had a better jet mode, especially the smooth forward fuselage sans huge hinge and proper round exhausts. 

On 8/26/2021 at 2:42 AM, M&#x27;Kyuun said:

Um, no. I just did some backtracking to see when I ordered it (October 2020), and the order was canceled in December of last year and a gift card emailed to me.  Apparently I wasn't paying too close attention to what was going on, lost track of it, and have been waiting on it all this time. Due to many preorders from numerous vendors, as well as a poor memory, last year I started annotating what I've got on PO with what vendors, and I've had Thrust in there all this time. I strive to keep it current, but sometimes I miss stuff.

I don't think I voluntarily cancelled Thrust. He's my favorite of the Coneheads, and I wanted him to round out my collection of original three Seekers and the three Coneheads. Something happened there, and it flew under my radar for some reason. Anyway, I guess I can check him off my list now; unless they do a reissue at MSRP or a bit over, I won't be getting him at scalper prices. C'est la vie.  I wanted him for completion's sake, but if I'm being honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the ER Seeker mold IIRC, Hasui was the designer for that mold, and in an interview he mentioned borrowing heavily from the Classics mold due to extreme time constraints and lower budget. IMHO, it shows, and I wish we'd gotten better.  The Classics toy had a better jet mode, especially the smooth forward fuselage sans huge hinge and proper round exhausts. 

Target did something strange with Thrust.  They made  you reconfirm you still wanted it after the release date change.  if you didn't reconfirm, your order was cancelled.  BTW, totally agree re: the ER seeker mold.  its not bad, but it could have been a lot better.  I don't understand giving designers too short a time to complete a design especially when you know everyone wanted an updated seeker mold (aside from getting an optimus and a bumblebee you know every line will have seekers!!) and you could milk that mold many times over so budget shoudln't have compromised the design that much.  its a shame really.  i did complete the main 6 though anyway but wouldn't recommend others do the same unless they love seekers.

52 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i did complete the main 6 though anyway but wouldn't recommend others do the same unless they love seekers.

I guess that's me, since I have eight and would be in for four to ten more.

EDIT: For the record, I definitely still want G2 Blackout, G2 Starscream, Acid Storm, and Sunstorm.  But if I'm being honest I'd buy Nacelle, Hotlink, Bitstream, Nova Storm, Ion Storm, and Red Wing, too.

Edited by mikeszekely

OK, I missed the stream because my wife took the day off so I got distracted and forgot about it.  But apparently the entire FFF stream was to announce a HasLab crowdfund for a WfC-scaled Victory Saber.  The set will include a 1" Brainmaster (slightly smaller than a Titan Master, I guess), a 5" Saber figure (about the size of a the Siege/ER Sideswipe mold), the V-Star to combine into Star Saber (not sure how big the combined mode will be, but the V-Star is listed as 8.5", similar to the length of Rodimus' trailer and a bit shorter than Sky Lynx's shuttle), a 7.5" Victory Leo (slightly taller than Kingdom Galvatron, close to the height or Kingdom Rodimus to the tip of his wings), and the Sword of Justice.  The set needs 11,000 backers to get made.  The Tier 1 unlock at 14,000 has been announced as the V-Lock Cannon and some blast effects, and there's unknown Tier 2 and Tier 3 unlocks 17,000 and 20,000 backers, respectively.

The set's going to $179, which seems pretty reasonable.  I mean, it's like a Titan price, and I don't know if you're getting exactly what you'd get with a Titan but I feel like Star Saber alone could be a Commander.  Toss in Victory Leo, who with the backer unlocks would easily be a Leader, and I think it's probably worth it.  You have until October 10th to decide, but I'm saying I think I'm in.

1252001165_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(13)__scaled_600.jpg.bb24a9da32404ca9b46607b6d865418c.jpg

1711631616_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(14)__scaled_600.jpg.184703a8095c9085b4bdbc827ea195b3.jpg

305477554_TransformersHasLabVictorySaberFirstLook(12)__scaled_600.jpg.692f40941a529c453c40d9ac19b67583.jpg

1510369620_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(15)__scaled_600.jpg.971386dc962ba6c91460f988882b7224.jpg

1881373432_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(19)__scaled_600.jpg.4d0b9292619d6ece6917b7bb2a11b890.jpg

453127231_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(17)__scaled_600.jpg.228813644cc6bc2edfbc57730d681d72.jpg

1007528328_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(18)__scaled_600.jpg.19b7f161b92a50bfa0fc354e401144f4.jpg

479093387_TransformersHasLabVictorySaber(16)__scaled_600.jpg.fd1b56a71629786e0bded13e48596bbc.jpg

Edited by mikeszekely

I'll end up with most of the E.R. Seekers; the Dirge/Ramjet two pack is not happening unless it's re-released.  Will most likely end up getting G2 Ramjet just so he's represented and worst case scenario becomes just another Seeker.  What I don't understand is why they reused Ramjet twice already, they could have made Sandstorm the Dirge mold and people would have picked it for that fact alone, but three versions of Ramjet just doesn't make sense to me.

30 minutes ago, Wolf-1 said:

I'll end up with most of the E.R. Seekers; the Dirge/Ramjet two pack is not happening unless it's re-released.  Will most likely end up getting G2 Ramjet just so he's represented and worst case scenario becomes just another Seeker.  What I don't understand is why they reused Ramjet twice already, they could have made Sandstorm the Dirge mold and people would have picked it for that fact alone, but three versions of Ramjet just doesn't make sense to me.

unreleased G2 sandstorm was supposed to be a ramjet redeco is why.  agree would have been fine having him be a dirge reuse too but can see why for history's sake they went with ramjet.

see https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sandstorm_(G2)