The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I think she looks good. I won't get her b/c I'm not into non-transforming Transformers (it's kinda in the name, huh?), but I can understand the appeal if you're open to more than just the core transforming stuff. There's a degree of artistry there that I can certainly appreciate.

In this hobby, there are always gonna be haters, and haters love to hate. The best thing these companies can do is ignore the negatives, unless they're quality or safety related, and just put their best effort into making good looking, poseable figures that ideally capture the subject. Ideal is subjective, but I think there's a baseline that most fans will agree upon for any given character. FWIW, I like the design direction for Arcee and Windblade in this series.

4 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I think she looks good. I won't get her b/c I'm not into non-transforming Transformers (it's kinda in the name, huh?), but I can understand the appeal if you're open to more than just the core transforming stuff. There's a degree of artistry there that I can certainly appreciate.

In this hobby, there are always gonna be haters, and haters love to hate. The best thing these companies can do is ignore the negatives, unless they're quality or safety related, and just put their best effort into making good looking, poseable figures that ideally capture the subject. Ideal is subjective, but I think there's a baseline that most fans will agree upon for any given character. FWIW, I like the design direction for Arcee and Windblade in this series.

You know that the convert not transform. The Transformers gimmick is that they convert from one mode to another. So it is not in their name! 

😉😉😉

26 minutes ago, Scyla said:

You know that the convert not transform. The Transformers gimmick is that they convert from one mode to another. So it is not in their name! 

😉😉😉

Almost got me. I saw this in my email, but didn't see the smiley faces at the bottom, and I was readying my rebuttal. I was hoping you were being facetious, but one never knows with this fandom.:rolleyes:^_^

A little levity is good, though.:)

11 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Almost got me. I saw this in my email, but didn't see the smiley faces at the bottom, and I was readying my rebuttal. I was hoping you were being facetious, but one never knows with this fandom.:rolleyes:^_^

A little levity is good, though.:)

Well, I’m technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

3 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

non-transforming Transformers (it's kinda in the name, huh?)

Action Masters is the term. 😛

Yeah, the lack of actual transformation is a huge downer. I'm getting Action Master Windblade because it ticks a specific aesthetic I like. 

8 hours ago, JB0 said:

Action Masters is the term. 😛

Yeah, the lack of actual transformation is a huge downer. I'm getting Action Master Windblade because it ticks a specific aesthetic I like. 

Agree with that aesthetic; I dig it. And too, a shame that they don't transform.  Unfortunately, Hasbro keeps the transformation gimmick locked up and won't let any of their licensees try their hands at it. IMHO, it would make good business sense to allow it, as it diversifies your overall portfolio, and that particular gimmick is still an essential to many Transformers  fans, myself included. Maybe they're afraid of being shown up. 😏Given what third parties have been up to for the last decade, it's a legitimate fear. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if a third party copied the basic look and created fully transformable versions. I wouldn't mind a transforming Windblade in that style. Still waiting on Big Firebird's take. Their Arcee (Nicee) is a beautiful figure (looking at her on my shelf with a happy sigh).

8 hours ago, Scyla said:

Well, I’m technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

"Transform and roll out", not "Convert and roll out". 

The Convertors converted; Transformers transform. Been that way since 1984. I was there, and I had both. ^_^  Still here! Still have both!:lol:

I can't recall an instance when they said 'convert', rather than 'transform', to indicate changing form in the old show, or any TF show, since. They 'Maximized!' and 'Terrorized!' in Beast Wars, but that's a whole different ball of wax.;) Transformers transform; the name says it all, and the gimmick is why Hasbro purposefully chose the name, although they were initially worried some folks might think they were electrical transformers. Time and sales proved otherwise. The term 'transformer' has also taken prominence as the general term for any robot that changes shape here in the US. I build transforming mecha from LEGO and exhibit them at conventions. People don't ask if they convert, but if they transform.  That's my experience.

In Japan, they deform, as that's what henkei, Takara's chosen verb for transformation, translates to.  'The Deformers' just doesn't have the same ring, though, does it? :p Unless you're Transmutate.^_^

41 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

In Japan, they deform, as that's what henkei, Takara's chosen verb for transformation, translates to.

Actually, that's a common mistranslation.  "Transform" is a much more accurate translation of 変形 (henkei).

As to the use of the verb, however... https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformation#.22Transform.22_as_a_verb

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, that's a common mistranslation.  "Transform" is a much more accurate translation of 変形 (henkei).

As to the use of the verb, however... https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformation#.22Transform.22_as_a_verb

I stand corrected on both counts. 

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I pop in and out of this thread occasionally. Anybody get unicron and open him?

Yes.  It's big, with very stiff ratchets throughout. If you've watched any vids, he's a bit involved to transform. I've only transformed him to robot mode, his having come in planet mode.  I've thought about transforming him back to planet, but then I look at all those panels on his legs and think, 'another day'. Bot mode is my preferred mode for display, anyway, so the urge to go through another cycle of that transformation is fleeting.

Did you have any other questions?

12 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I stand corrected on both counts. 

Yes.  It's big, with very stiff ratchets throughout. If you've watched any vids, he's a bit involved to transform. I've only transformed him to robot mode, his having come in planet mode.  I've thought about transforming him back to planet, but then I look at all those panels on his legs and think, 'another day'. Bot mode is my preferred mode for display, anyway, so the urge to go through another cycle of that transformation is fleeting.

Did you have any other questions?

No I was just wondering peoples thoughts. I have him sitting in the box but don’t think I have the energy to transform him. 

Just now, ErikElvis said:

No I was just wondering peoples thoughts. I have him sitting in the box but don’t think I have the energy to transform him. 

I don't want to discourage you from transforming him. It's a bit of work, though, both for the number steps, and due to how strongly some of the large planet panels lock together. There's effort involved. Set aside a few hours to take your time and go through it. The resulting bot is pretty cool to behold in person, and worth the effort, IMHO. Better than just looking at a big orange and blue basketball.:p

Good luck!

1 minute ago, M'Kyuun said:

I don't want to discourage you from transforming him. It's a bit of work, though, both for the number steps, and due to how strongly some of the large planet panels lock together. There's effort involved. Set aside a few hours to take your time and go through it. The resulting bot is pretty cool to behold in person, and worth the effort, IMHO. Better than just looking at a big orange and blue basketball.:p

Good luck!

Cool. Moving in a month or so. Plan on eventual moducases for my 1/6 stuff and statues. He’ll definitely be going in there just undecided which mode would have the better presence. 

Sorry for some late replies, couldn't get to it earlier...

On 7/10/2021 at 2:26 AM, technoblue said:

There is some nuance here that shouldn't be overlooked. Although I think modern Macross toys are more premium, that doesn't mean that I entertain the hyperbole that all official MPs are trash or garbage. I feel I should state that explicitly first in case it is being misunderstood. Also, there are Macross toys (like v1 1/60-scale Yamato Valkyries) that are well past their prime. I should also reiterate that I do try to empathize with opposing viewpoints in passionate discussions like these. Really, rather than having a virtual shouting match or repeating tl;dr points, I like to keep an open mind. ^_^

With that said, what I mean by premium can be defined in two parts: 1) that the standard of quality is consistent with the price that I'm paying and 2) that the toy embodies the stated mythology of the story. In my experience, Macross is often in line with parts 1 and 2 more often than not. Transformers MP is often in line with 1 or 2 but its rare to see MPs that get both down. I do think the toon-centric MPs are getting closer, mind you, but it took time for me to come around. I was also a fan of the Hasui-era MPs.

More to the point, I've had QC issues with a couple of the later toon-centric MPs, as much as I enjoy them. My copy of MP-45 arrived in its box scratched up with multiple paint defects---not what I was expecting for the price I paid. MP-43, BW Megatron, one of the few BW MPs that I went out of my way to pick up had the less-than stellar grey swirly plastic and my copy did develop cracks, making it unusable. I haven't messed with MP-44  or MP-47 enough to know if I have the common issues that are reported with Hound and Prime v3, but part of me doesn't really want to go looking for those problems either.:help: 

With regard to MP-52 specifically, I've already been writing about how I thought it was supposed to match the G1/Diaclone design. That's been my point from the beginning! :lol: I don't know how that was lost in the debate? Oh well, this is neither here nor there. I'll say again that I'm quite content with how MP-52 turned out. I think it's terrific how this toy, which looks so close to G1 Starscream from the cartoon/movie, transforms into an F-15 that looks almost like the G1 toy. That is almost its own MP moment for me. But please do appreciate how this doesn't mean that I'm unmoving or unwilling to relate to those who say that MPs are getting too expensive and who feel that the toon-centric design language is getting away from what they wanted from this line. It also doesn't mean that I can't appreciate designs from other toys like Go-Bots.

Really, Takara is in a tough place. Go one way, disappoint this group of fans; go another way, disappoint that group of fans. You can't please everyone. Like @M'Kyuunsays, it's a good thing we fans have choices!:drinks:

Thanks for the explanation and clearing that up.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:49 PM, Chronocidal said:

I think a more apt comparison though would be to compare the TF community's attitude toward cars, trucks, etc, vs aircraft.  That does not make any sense to me.  I've watched people going back and forth arguing bits and bobs of car transformers for years, debating things like curved or straight exhaust pipes, shapes of tail lights, whether or not they mold the windshield wipers on, or put a gas cap in the right place.. absolutely miniscule details of real vehicles that they want to see accurately replicated.

But bring in a jet, and suddenly they don't give a crap if it's carrying its mutated Siamese twin under its gut.  The community seems almost as picky about car alt modes as Macross fans are about jet modes.  What makes transforming jets different?  Why do jets smuggling a robot under them get a pass when people flip out over Optimus Prime having the wrong chrome trim pattern in truck mode?

I can't say for sure, but it probably boils down to how certain alt-modes have (for better or worse) been consistently depicted and that in turn has burned its way as a sort of de-facto design approach into the fans collective visual conscience. The original Starscream toy had the blocky undercarriage, the cartoon didn't really change anything and I am assuming the comics (never read them) didn't put emphasis to fix that either. So for a big chunk of that generation of kids it is fine to have that. That doesn't necessarily mean those fans think the design approach is the best way for jets, it's just that the particular depiction of jet alt-mode has become a part of the character. It is also for the same reasons you will not have fans happy if a new Cyclonus toy ended up with a big block on his underside, when the original toy, cartoon depiction and the comics (again assuming) kept it clean.

On 7/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, JB0 said:

I'm replying to this because you specifically speak for all the fans. As a fan, you do not speak for me, and present a vision I abhor. 

I don't want toys that closely resemble the "original" animation, because it isn't the original. Even as a kid I recognized the animation was pretty crappy, and a pale imitation of the toys it was based on. In the majority of cases, I see those original toys when I envision these characters. I'm a filthy toy supremacist, and if we're doing slavish G1 remakes forever instead of something new, then I want much more of that original detail represented. And I want modern engineering to take over where the 80s failed us and give us articulation, and plane modes that look as clean as car modes do.

THAT'S what the fans want. Some subset of the fans, anyways.

Hmm... I should have probably worded my comment a bit more specific in that I meant G1 Cartoon die-hards and casual fans of a specific age demographic. I did not intend to speak for all, nor do I have the desire to do that in any capacity.

If we are just going by the order of what became a reality first, then sure there is no contest - Diaclone toys, comics and last the cartoon. But was everyone's personal order of exposure to Transformers the same and which of the three had the biggest impact to generate a certain perception of what Transformers are or should look like? Not every kid was privileged to have the first Transformers branded Diaclone toys and I would argue that the cartoon had the greatest reach to get kids hooked on the toy line (it was 20 minutes advertising after all).

As a kid I didn't have any S1/S2 toys, my first contact with Transformers was through the cartoon and I definitely wasn't so analytical as you were. I was content at seeing bright colours, moving pictures and good guy vs. bad guy robots. That's what they looked like or transformed into, I did not have any other basis or rendition in hand to compare against.

Anyway, if you want more Diaclone real robot in your Transformers, then that's fine too and more power to you. Everyone should have a chance to get what they want.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:31 AM, M'Kyuun said:

As to whether or not the post Hasui spate of MP toys is more premium than their predecessors, I think it's completely subjective based upon what each fan wants in a MP toy. It's obvious which you favor, and that's fine. My own preference is for a more, to borrow your term, hybrid approach which eschews faux parts, and carries the real world alt mode detail into bot mode. I also like mechanical detail, especially if it's faithfully recreated from the original G1 toys, like the internal details in Prowl's shins. I wish they'd painted those to match the OG boxart, but you can't have everything. I'm just glad it's there- fascinated me as a kid, and that fascination has never diminished. I don't care for blank panels, which is an artifact of the simplified art direction for mass-produced hand-drawn cell animation. Had they the CG capabilities of today, the toon likely would have looked more like the WfC series. Alas, naught to be done for it. Anyway, IMHO, more detail is better, and I think that the majority of us who favor the Hasui era designs feel the same. What I value most about the current MP toys is the move to incorporate high levels of articulation into the figs. That's wonderful so long as it doesn't compromise the fig. MP Arcee's chest sculpt was a compromise to give her forward butterfly joints, but it made her chest shape inaccurate and unsightly, IMHO. Too, her backpack is a huge jumbled mess. MMC did it better on both counts. Azalea may not have the same level of articulation, but butterfly isn't that important to me, and the way MMC compressed her backpack is far more efficient and accurate to the animation. 

Obviously, we all want different things from these toys. Takara is definitely hitting the toon-centric niche hard, and it's paying off for them, as there are a lot of fans who want their bots to look just like the animation models. Most of those fans seem willing to overlook compromises to alt mode to get that perfect bot capture. I get it, but that's not what I want. At least not that fanatically toon accurate. A good balance of detail, especially detail belonging to the alt mode, married with salient characteristics of the toon models is what I want. It just so happens that Hasui got closer to that than the post-Hasui era.

It is definitely subjective, but I feel there is a bit of a misconception as to what my preferences are. It is true that I like the later MPs, but not solely because they are closest to the cartoon look, but for their general design approach of providing a streamlined, kibble free and a well proportioned robot with a higher degree of engineering for articulation and transformation that is worthy of the Masterpiece tag. If we can pull that off with the proper alt-mode parts and robo greeblies, but not end up with big wheel pouches, hip kibble, wing kibble, long arms or short legs, wide chest/beer belly, big gaps, hollow spaces, basic articulation and five minute cup noodle transformation engagement, then by all means I am open for having that. I will be the first one to tell you that Ultra Magnus or Ironhide/Ratchet are just as much weak entries like the other Hasui stuff even if they are more on the cartoon side of things, because they share a lot of the same issues.

In regards to the latest updates

MP-55 Nightbird
Bit of a surprise entry as I thought the easy choice for Takara was Lifeline (Paradron Medic), but on the other hand it probably makes sense to put a slight invest to the mould as Arcee in teal colours does not feel like a seller item. I think I might pick this up, she should fit in with my Autocons sub-line collection currently consisting of Exhaust, Loudpedal and Nemesis Prime.

Actions Toys Ultimetal
That is very much Studio Ox designs if I am not mistaken. Interesting, but not for me.

ThreeZero MDLX
Design style is appealing to me, a sort of G1 update I can get behind because the robots are still kibble free and no proportion issues. BB looks good to go, for Optimus they should tone down those front ankle guards and make his feet narrower and less flat. Also the protruding chest is not really to my liking, hopefully they tweak that too.

Flame Toys
The design style is not for me, but as always their stuff looks the quality.

So I decided to take my family to Presque Ilse in Erie, PA for the weekend.  On a whim I decided to look for stores that sell collectibles, and man, if you ever find yourself in the area do yourselves a favor and check out ActionToyMan.  Three floors of comics and collectibles, including a ton of stuff that made me yell, "Oh man, I had this when I was a kid!"  I picked up to get an '03 reissue G1 Sideswipe still sealed in the box (which I, of course, opened).  I had to have him; Sideswipe was the very first Transformer I had as a kid!  I'd have loved to get more (like the boxed reissue Tracks, or the boxed reissue Piranacon, or the complete G1 Brainstorm, etc) but my wife was with me and she was already not loving the $50 I dropped on Sideswipe.

I'm a casual G1/86 movie TF'ers collector to say the least, but I watched a YT video review today of a new Bumblebee that I guess hasn't been released yet that transformers into his little flying saucer Cybertronian mode as seen in the 1st episode of G1 and I was like "I SO gotta have this!!!" Can any of you guys tell me if this is gonna be some stupid exclusive that's next to impossible to get or if I can just casually look for it on Amazon or Target or Wall Mart's websites at some point in the near future?

20 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Can any of you guys tell me if this is gonna be some stupid exclusive that's next to impossible to get or if I can just casually look for it on Amazon or Target or Wall Mart's websites at some point in the near future?

It should be part of the Target-exclusive Buzzworthy Bumblebee.  As yet, I haven't heard if you need a red card to order it or not, and AFAIK it will show up in stores.  I'm not clear one if/when it will be available at Target.com.

43 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

I picked up to get an '03 reissue G1 Sideswipe still sealed in the box (which I, of course, opened). 

Liberated from his cardboard prison,  he now breathes the air of a free 'bot. Or something.

55 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Liberated from his cardboard prison,  he now breathes the air of a free 'bot. Or something.

My wife seemed to think it was crazy to open it. She's all, "isn't it worth more unopened?" I told her I'm buying, not selling. It's not about what it's worth on the market, it's about what it's worth to me.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

My wife seemed to think it was crazy to open it. She's all, "isn't it worth more unopened?" I told her I'm buying, not selling. It's not about what it's worth on the market, it's about what it's worth to me.

Amen, brother.

It's a reissue of a reissue.  Probably half of them ever made are still MISB in collector's hands.  It's not gonna get very rare/valuable when there's a zillion others in exactly the same condition.

So of course it should be opened and enjoyed!

Speaking of Sideswipe, he was my first regular-sized Autobot car figure. I don't have the G1 toy anymore, but these are pretty good..

IMG_20210624_131737.jpg

13 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm a casual G1/86 movie TF'ers collector to say the least, but I watched a YT video review today of a new Bumblebee that I guess hasn't been released yet that transformers into his little flying saucer Cybertronian mode as seen in the 1st episode of G1 and I was like "I SO gotta have this!!!" Can any of you guys tell me if this is gonna be some stupid exclusive that's next to impossible to get or if I can just casually look for it on Amazon or Target or Wall Mart's websites at some point in the near future?

This could have turned out much worse.  I can forgive the leg kibble for that well done alt mode. Glad they finally made this guy in the main line. Now we just need Wheeljack in his space truck alt mode and we can recreate those first scenes from the original show.

8 hours ago, Drad said:

Speaking of Sideswipe, he was my first regular-sized Autobot car figure. I don't have the G1 toy anymore, but these are pretty good..

IMG_20210624_131737.jpg

Never had G1 Sideswipe, but I did, and still do, have Red Alert. He's still in good condition as well, along with Tracks. Sorry JBO.:(

So Hasbro are doing very well financially in this second quarter of '21, with $1.23B in revenues. Hopefully some of that goes towards product improvement in the TF line and in fixing their terrible distribution issues. 

With so much cash on hand, why do they even need Haslab?

3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I ordered the Reprolabels set for G1 Sideswipe.  Can't believe the reissue doesn't include the Lamborghini badge.

I can believe it. Car companies are a lot more watchful about their trademarks(or anything remotely related). It sucks, though.

19 hours ago, lechuck said:

guess we know why arcee had a long ass neck/collar now.  it was a pretool for mightbird, who btw should not even transform to begin with.  also they should rerelease arcee with this umm...perkier chest molding.  if it goes on clearance i'll think about it ...maybe. 

glad to see crosscut coming.  i was so close to getting xtb's herald a month back (already had skids and police deco) but guess i'll get takara's if price is inline with other mp-53 releases.  hoping quality is good though.

origins buzworthy bee is istant buy if i see it online or instore.  now where is cytronian wheeljack that can fit  him inside?  haha.  love the energon conductors are included.  you know i wish it were designs like this that were given the MP treatment vs.  nightbird who never needed to transform. 

and yeah sideswipe, is a favorite or mine too.  my childhood one still mostly works and is at the rent's house and still works.  my siege one is kitted with th nonnef stuff too and also got the roof sticker on there from toyhax.  not gonna pay for the more countachy kingdom version even though the hood is far more lambo than the seige figure.  its overall doesn't loook as cohesive in alt mode and the chest is more oversized in bot mode. 

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, as this is just a rumor and it might not come to fruition, but I'm hearing rumblings that the Hasbro team wasn't satisfied with the Earth-mode retools of the Siege versions of Ironhide and Ratchet, neither of which were mainstream retail releases in the first place, so they're considering doing a new Vannette mold under Studio Series 86.

1 hour ago, mikeszekely said:

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, as this is just a rumor and it might not come to fruition, but I'm hearing rumblings that the Hasbro team wasn't satisfied with the Earth-mode retools of the Siege versions of Ironhide and Ratchet, neither of which were mainstream retail releases in the first place, so they're considering doing a new Vannette mold under Studio Series 86.

Oh, I hope so. And while they're at it, a new Magnus fig with a white Earthrise Prime as its core. And a new Astrotrain with alt modes that don't suck. And a new Blitzwing. And deluxe Insecticons. And a new improved Devastator. And Blaster with his cassettes. And Perceptor. And the rest of the Dinos.

Did I miss anyone?

Seriously, though, I think the majority of fans were pretty disappointed with the reuse of the Siege mold and the poorly executed partsforming roof, not to mention those awful feet hanging out the back that just ruin the van from behind. I think if they'd at least turned the roof bit into something resembling the G1 toy's tread-sled, it would have been more satisfying from a nostalgia POV. But, they let that opportunity slip by.  Although I paid the exclusivity tax for both ER Ironhide and Ratchet, I'd gladly go in on a new improved mold that fixes everything wrong with the ER Vanette Bros. I'm guessing SS has a slightly better budget than the main line, so hopefully they'd use it to the fullest to better not only the ER figs but also the rather lackluster MP figs as well. Hopefully it happens, and they're not insanely difficult to PO.

1 minute ago, M'Kyuun said:

Oh, I hope so. And while they're at it, a new Magnus fig with a white Earthrise Prime as its core. And a new Astrotrain with alt modes that don't suck. And a new Blitzwing. And deluxe Insecticons. And a new improved Devastator. And Blaster with his cassettes. And Perceptor. And the rest of the Dinos.

Did I miss anyone?

As far as I know, no on Magnus, Devastator, and Astrotrain (although I want them, too). Percy and the Insecticons are being discussed, so we'll call them maybes. Dinobots, Blitzwing, and Blaster are coming, I just don't know if they're going to be in the trilogy after WfC or if they're SS86, or if the tapes are involved.

As for what you missed, I'd like a new Octane. Maybe a Megatron- I like the Siege and ER versions, but I could do with less partsforming. New Titan Metroplex with actual ankles, better proportions, and a Deluxe-class Scamper. New Fort Max that isn't a retool and has an accurate base mode. More cartoon-accurate Deluxe-class Cosmos. Earth-mode Hound. Skids. And do-overs on all the combiners- ditch Scramble City, less retools, make the torsos Leader or even Commander-class with partsforming elements if they have to, whatever it takes to make better limbs that turn into better gestalts. Unfortunately, the only thing on my wishlist I'm hearing is in the works is a new Menasor.

1 minute ago, mikeszekely said:

As far as I know, no on Magnus, Devastator, and Astrotrain (although I want them, too). Percy and the Insecticons are being discussed, so we'll call them maybes. Dinobots, Blitzwing, and Blaster are coming, I just don't know if they're going to be in the trilogy after WfC or if they're SS86, or if the tapes are involved.

As for what you missed, I'd like a new Octane. Maybe a Megatron- I like the Siege and ER versions, but I could do with less partsforming. New Titan Metroplex with actual ankles, better proportions, and a Deluxe-class Scamper. New Fort Max that isn't a retool and has an accurate base mode. More cartoon-accurate Deluxe-class Cosmos. Earth-mode Hound. Skids. And do-overs on all the combiners- ditch Scramble City, less retools, make the torsos Leader or even Commander-class with partsforming elements if they have to, whatever it takes to make better limbs that turn into better gestalts. Unfortunately, the only thing on my wishlist I'm hearing is in the works is a new Menasor.

Well, at least there's progress. From what I gather on these Pulsecon events, it sounds like a number of these toy designers are fans as well, so I do think they try to make good figs. I think they're often too constrained by budget, but since they're sitting very well financially from second quarter earnings, hopefully the Transformers budget will get a much needed infusion of cash. Anyway, I'm happy to hear of the things they are doing, and remain hopeful for the rest.

Curious to see how they approach combiners without the big bulky connector joint that the CW figs were all designed around. Honestly, I didn't mind that approach, but I get the sense that those connectors were expensive to produce, and thus the rest of the toyline suffered due to both the requirement to build the toy around the joint, but also b/c that joint ate up so much of each toy's budget. A new approach will hopefully yield better combining figs that aren't as simple or compromised.