The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I guess the tax thing is "fair enough" in theory but completely foreign when you're... foreign to having to do it. 

I'll be completist on the K Kuro K but the ones I'm looking forward to most are the Victory Saber combo and seeing just HOW the Jetfire-styled appendage works. I don't know where I said it but my thought is that it'll literally just be single-mode jet that parts forms into armor which is more than ok by me. It'd also be cool to see just an exclusive upgrade parts kit with no jet mode  because it'd probably be significantly cheaper. The Rodimus Silhouette and Megatron just aren't doing it for me and The Fallen has way too much Tarn going on in that sculpt.

I'm with you on the model kits. I have the prime and haven't even taken the plastic wrapper off the box.

On 12/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, mikeszekely said:

Well, shooting down the G1 reissue and MP-44, here's a Prime I do want.  Supposedly, this is Studio Series 38, Cybertronian Optimus from the Bumblebee Movie.

Studio-Series-SS-38-Cybertronian-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg.d61ae68d1452126b8571a19641037834.jpg

I hope they make a trailer for it because that would be cool.

Flame toys reusing the molds on kuro line, first drift with repaint for sg, now tarn's got the fallen with slight modifications and repaint, i wonder what they will do with star saber???

a black and gold/red/silver/white etc version would be sick tho... how much toys does this line consist of btw?

2 hours ago, Numbninja said:

Flame toys reusing the molds on kuro line, first drift with repaint for sg, now tarn's got the fallen with slight modifications and repaint, i wonder what they will do with star saber???

a black and gold/red/silver/white etc version would be sick tho... how much toys does this line consist of btw?

Hey; I didn't know you posted here?! Awesome!

Are you asking how many* toys like the amount of toys so far? If so, just two at the moment in Drift and Tarn. SG Drift got a final release date of March and Star Saber is slated for May of next year but I realistically just don't see that happening, man. 

11 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Hey; I didn't know you posted here?! Awesome!

Are you asking how many* toys like the amount of toys so far? If so, just two at the moment in Drift and Tarn. SG Drift got a final release date of March and Star Saber is slated for May of next year but I realistically just don't see that happening, man. 

Yes sir, but i mostly browse Macross stuff here.

i was wondering in total how many toys they plan to release for a complete kuro kara line. Yes you are right about star saber not making its may launch date, must be frustrating for those who paid upfront :D. As for me, i don't mind as it gives me time to budget for it, providing tfsource has it up for po.

23 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

So apparently this is a thing that Flame toys is doing... and it's a model kit... and it's an illustration by BAN!...

:unsure: I want it

789668.jpg.d4db6fab3fc2c00c25f9035d01214a14.jpg

I don't get the love for Wingblade (I might be misremembering her name). It sort of felt like one of those "Hey everybody, here's the next hot character that you all love. Take our word for it." I guess the design appeals to other people, just not me (beyond reminding me of how cool I thought Thrust's jet mode when I first saw it as a kid).

Wasn't this character a contest winner at IDW or something along those lines?

On 12/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, jenius said:

I got G1 Hot Rod the other day on Walmart.com for $12... I doubt Optimus will enjoy a similar markdown.

So I eventually decided to get one of those cheapy Hot Rods... and mine came without the chest flame sticker. <_<  Looks like the savings are going towards Reprolabels...

On 12/19/2018 at 10:48 AM, mikeszekely said:

Well, shooting down the G1 reissue and MP-44, here's a Prime I do want.  Supposedly, this is Studio Series 38, Cybertronian Optimus from the Bumblebee Movie.

Studio-Series-SS-38-Cybertronian-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg.d61ae68d1452126b8571a19641037834.jpg

This is the best modern interpretation of G1 Optimus Prime I've seen so far. Can't wait for this.

2 hours ago, Numbninja said:

please explain sir

Here is what they told me:

Dear Customer,

If you would like to order item and ship by EMS service instead of FedEx, 
please follow the below steps to checkout.

1) Select the item and checkout.

2) For payment process, please select “FedEx” as the shipping method if 
you would like to ship by EMS.

3) Please add comments about your order “Use EMS service”.

4) Checkout and pay for the FedEx shipping fee first.

We will remark the revised shipping method in your order and send out the 
product using by EMS.

If any over charging of shipping fee, it will return to you by PayPal once 
the product dispatched.

Please note that shipping by EMS will be late a few days for delivery.

Best Regards,
D4 Toys Co., Ltd.

Edited by Scyla

I stopped by Walmart yesterday after seeing Bumblebee and was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of G1 minibots (Tailgate, Swerve, and Outback) on 1984 styled cards, complete with the old grid pattern and the original boxart. I didn't buy any, even though my nostalgia was pumped up from the opening scenes of Bumblebee. But, I thought I'd let folks know if they're looking for these guys.trans1.jpg

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wish I had a Walmart near me, I'd scoop them up.

Where are you at that there's no Walmarts?  There are four of them within 15 miles of me (plus a 5th that's a little farther, but on the way to a friend's house so I've been known to stop in from time to time).

My problem is that between the five I haven't actually seen much of the G1 reissues besides Hot Rod.  I got lucky and grabbed the only Devastator I ever saw.  No Starscreams, no minibots.

12 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

My problem is that between the five I haven't actually seen much of the G1 reissues besides Hot Rod.  I got lucky and grabbed the only Devastator I ever saw.  No Starscreams, no minibots.

Try looking over in the electronics/movie section. There were no minibots in the toy aisle at my local Walmart but they had a big display in the movie area for Bumblebee, with bins full of minibots.

48 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Where are you at that there's no Walmarts?  There are four of them within 15 miles of me (plus a 5th that's a little farther, but on the way to a friend's house so I've been known to stop in from time to time).

SF Bay area, I think there's one about 25 minutes south from me and a few across the bridge.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

SF Bay area, I think there's one about 25 minutes south from me and a few across the bridge.

On the west side of the bay, I guess?  It looks like there are a ton on the east side.  I don't know where exactly in the bay area you are, but if you make a trapezoid with points in Richmond, Antioch, Hayward, and Livermore I count 8 of them.  Like I said, though, I don't know where exactly your starting point is.  I'm also pretty unfamiliar with SF, so for all I know the traffic on 580 could make a 5 mile drive a half hour ordeal that just isn't worth it.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:03 AM, sh9000 said:

3DE61DD5-8568-4A78-9B1D-ED684D4BA94F.thumb.jpeg.af9cb8ce89d11b9117cc5b2b86359af0.jpeg

3785D004-619B-4850-84E8-12B9F6700221.thumb.jpeg.4924eda725ae601107293df4bd7136ab.jpeg

6C70E8F2-EA34-4A98-814B-A22C98638BDA.thumb.jpeg.3c525a1f3a19ebf59da826607c7dfeb0.jpeg

They are really selling it with these pictures. Is it possible this is going to be a surprise large scale figure? That new valkyrie just surprised me by being 1/48. If this Optimus is going to be that big then maybe the price is justified.

Pertaining to scale, I highly doubt this will be oversized, as it's intended to be a replacement for MP-10 within that scale. To upsize him would mean starting a whole new line of MP figs to match, and I think Takara are satisfied with the current scale, not to mention us collectors with budgets and inadequate space for our burgeoning collections.