The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Takara made the front end of Tracks's hood a bit short, but like David said, if you slide it back it will sit correctly. You may have to lift the hood, push the back of the hood down first, then push the front. Having a big gap at the front of the hood is my biggest complaint. I think so far Wheeljack has the best fitting in alt mode.

I always liked the 2nd generation jets --Ramjat, Thrust and Dirge??? I think it was? They were all different which is what made them cool. He is pricey though..ouch. Speaking of the jets..I just picked up MP Starscream on Evilbay brand new for $118 shipped. Not horrible I guess...considering how late to the game I am. Why are Skywarp and especially Thundercracker SO freaking $$$???!!! You would have thought they would have been shelfwarmers..guess not. Jeeeez.. :blink:

Edited by derex3592

175$ is not that Expensive for an MP jet, that's about what MP Star Scream Mk2 was going for.

Waiting to see if HLJ gets it, or is this is a Hasbro Asia release.

I think it is a Takara Mall exclusive that means HLJ normally won't stock it. See Unite Warriors Defensor. Also the price is not that bad if you take into account that the Asia exclusive MP-11SW Skywarp was $199.

Had some time to play with Soundwave tonight. I absolutely love the cassettes. They are just perfect. This whole MP set rocks!

While the MP line is a fantastic thing and it's cool you're this enthusiastic, keep in mind that Soundwave is a high point in the line, especially with the cassettes. Not every release is as good as that. It's a great line, but some are better than others.

I'm carefully researching the MP's I buy. Watching lots of reviews online. The good thing about being late to the game is all the people who fell on the grenade of the not so good ones for me at the get go... In other news, I made an energon paper mache cube today at work!!! (slow day at the office)!

post-11393-0-21217000-1449158974_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Cool.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I just got mine today, and I have to say Trypticon is probably the coolest thing I've blown money on all year. I almost don't want to unbox him because he displays well in there too...

Trypticon is going to get a new toy in 2017 as part of the Titan line. http://news.tfw2005.com/page/2/ (scroll down to about the middle of the page)

I doubt it will have the walking function, though. But, it should have decent poseability.

City-formers aren't really that interesting to me, although I have to agree that Trypticon was the best 80's city-former, and I'm interested to see what they come up with as a modern update.

I hope Omega Supreme gets a Titan class toy, heavily influenced by Animated. Love Derrick Wyatt's design, and the fact that he turns into the Ark, which, IMO, is much cooler than a city or battle station.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I hope Omega Supreme gets a Titan class toy, heavily influenced by Animated. Love Derrick Wyatt's design, and the fact that he turns into the Ark, which, IMO, is much cooler than a city or battle station.

I fail to see how turning into an entire rocket launch complex is less awesome. :p

I mean, it raises all sorts of logic questions, sure. But it's awesome as heck.

Well, Trypticon walks like a slobbering drunk, but I still think he's one of the coolest toys I've ever found. Thanks a lot guys!

I fail to see how turning into an entire rocket launch complex is less awesome. :p

I mean, it raises all sorts of logic questions, sure. But it's awesome as heck.

Everyone likes what they like. 80's Omega Supreme never appealed to me. But when the Ark transformed into Omega in Animated, I had a "wow" moment. Not to mention, yeah, the original toy was a serious partsformer, and I always thought it odd when the Autobots would fly off in his rocket, and somehow the rest of him appeared magically when he transformed at their destination. I was 13 or 14, but even then I called bullsh1t. :rolleyes: Making him become the Ark doesn't jive from a G1 perspective, but it would be easier to realize in a toy, and I'd love it purely out of bias.

I'm sure Omega will get the Titan treatment eventually, as there aren't that many of the really big well known characters (at least that I'm aware of, but then I'm only familiar with the cartoon, and some of the comics characters by virtue of their inspired toys), and my feeling is that he'll be based on the G1 character. Either way, I hope Has/Tak make a new version, as he's a classic character in need of a nice updated toy.

I was around five when the original cartoon started, and pretty much immune to logic issues.

But even then, I loved space. A rocket base was like the coolest thing ever.

I admit, the Ark turning into a giant robot was pretty cool too.

Thanks Dizman, I ordered Road Rage and then cancelled it with HLJ. I Just got my Tracks, and I like it, but not sure if i love it. Separating the legs at the car's nose was scary. The legs would not separate. I had to use a knife carefully force them open. I do like the looks of it, and i hope they release the black repaint with tainted windows.

I cant believe Takara did not darken tracks windows.

What I don't get with the design of Takaras MP Transformers is the lack of consistency. I don't know about other toy collectors but I value consistency in a toy line highly. I imagine that has to to with the reason why I like collecting in general. They have to look need and tidy on the shelf and I'm sure my OCD has do do something with it. I've always imagine that this is a trait that many collectors share (correct me if I'm wrong).

This is why I'm really baffled with some of the choices Takara made:

• After 22 numbered releases in the MP line they change the style of the stat cards from a G1 inspired grid style to a painted style with action poses. Why with MP-22 and not MP-10. No in the middle of the line the style chages.
  • MP Star Saber has lots of unpainted areas where previous releases have at least some details picked out in paint. I know that the designer wanted a playable toy that is not prone to paint scratches but it looks unfinished and cheap with the bare yellow and red plastic.
  • Again MP Star Saber (I hate it with a vengeance) has unpainted die cast parts that look like Takara took them from an old Games Workshop miniature and glued in onto the toy. No other toy in the line has that
  • MP Tracks has a tainted back window but no front window. Why this inconsistency? All the other toy have them and it would be a great if the white head of Tracks wasn't that visible in alt-mode
  • MP Bumble has red translucent back lights while MP Convoy has them transparent with no paint and the other carbots have them painted on.
  • The minifigs they included with some of the releases are articulated so that they can sit in the toy but Raul is a fixed posed figure.
  • Out of no where MP Laserwave has a light piped eye (WHY???????????).

Basically the list goes on and on and on and I don't get it. It is infuriating for me but maybe I'm the only one that values consistency in the toy lines I collect.

Is consistency important to you? I'm curious to know.

Guest davidwhangchoi

The only replant I'm currently hoping for is the gray Shockwave, but I'm admittably more of a deception fan.

i would love a radioshack version.

What I don't get with the design of Takaras MP Transformers is the lack of consistency. I don't know about other toy collectors but I value consistency in a toy line highly. I imagine that has to to with the reason why I like collecting in general. They have to look need and tidy on the shelf and I'm sure my OCD has do do something with it. I've always imagine that this is a trait that many collectors share (correct me if I'm wrong).

This is why I'm really baffled with some of the choices Takara made:

• After 22 numbered releases in the MP line they change the style of the stat cards from a G1 inspired grid style to a painted style with action poses. Why with MP-22 and not MP-10. No in the middle of the line the style chages.
  • MP Star Saber has lots of unpainted areas where previous releases have at least some details picked out in paint. I know that the designer wanted a playable toy that is not prone to paint scratches but it looks unfinished and cheap with the bare yellow and red plastic.
  • Again MP Star Saber (I hate it with a vengeance) has unpainted die cast parts that look like Takara took them from an old Games Workshop miniature and glued in onto the toy. No other toy in the line has that
  • MP Tracks has a tainted back window but no front window. Why this inconsistency? All the other toy have them and it would be a great if the white head of Tracks wasn't that visible in alt-mode
  • MP Bumble has red translucent back lights while MP Convoy has them transparent with no paint and the other carbots have them painted on.
  • The minifigs they included with some of the releases are articulated so that they can sit in the toy but Raul is a fixed posed figure.
  • Out of no where MP Laserwave has a light piped eye (WHY???????????).

Basically the list goes on and on and on and I don't get it. It is infuriating for me but maybe I'm the only one that values consistency in the toy lines I collect.

Is consistency important to you? I'm curious to know.

it is inconsistent because of a few things

1. different designers, out of the mentioned figures in your post there are at least 3 lead designers

2. budget...budget (or rather margine requirement and targeted sales price) is inconsistent from release to release.

3. ramped up production...they are pushing more out and paying less attention. i also think hasbro asia has WAY more sway in the MP line than before..like a lot more.

4. lack of visionary management

Boxes arrived yesterday!!! Merry early Xmas to me -- Thundercracker is in route, I guess I should have asked here if the Wal Mart/Toys R Us Skywarp/Thundercracker were the Ver 1 seekers, not like the Starscream, I got, which was MP-11 and is a much better mold. Oh well..they still look good in fighter mode, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg like the MP-11 re-releases would have. What bums me out more is that my brand new MP-10 came with a slightly bent head antenna laser thing. <_<

post-11393-0-67413500-1450199847_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-23609500-1450199861_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-97285400-1450199878_thumb.jpg

Found most of Combiner Wars Bruticus (everybody but Onslaught) at my Toys R Us yesterday. I thought these weren't coming out till January. Brawl and Swindle will make excellent legs. One nitpick about Brawl is that his chest and hips don't lock together well in robot mode.

I probably order the Unite Warriors version of Bruticus. I want my Spaceshuttle...

...I take that back I want Blastoff to have a faceplate. I still don't understand why Hasbro used a head with a mouth after they decided to abandon the alt-mode.

Found most of Combiner Wars Bruticus (everybody but Onslaught) at my Toys R Us yesterday. I thought these weren't coming out till January. Brawl and Swindle will make excellent legs. One nitpick about Brawl is that his chest and hips don't lock together well in robot mode.

Yeah, I've been watching Hasbro Toy Shop and Amazon for the Combaticons, and I haven't seen jack except an Onslaught marked up to $50. But I have to run errands that way tomorrow, so I might as well check my local TRU. Despite the disappointment that Blast Off is turning out to be, Bruticus is is my favorite combiner so I do want to get my hands on him.

I probably order the Unite Warriors version of Bruticus. I want my Spaceshuttle...

...I take that back I want Blastoff to have a faceplate. I still don't understand why Hasbro used a head with a mouth after they decided to abandon the alt-mode.

Yeah, the Hasbro Blast Off is pretty terrible. I mean, even if you accept using a plane instead of a shuttle it still begs the question why Hasbro didn't use Fireflight's head instead of Slingshot's. I like Bruticus enough that, if Takara releases a Combaticon set with a new shuttle mold I'll try to get my hands on it as well, but we really haven't heard anything yet so I'm not waiting around for it.

Speaking of Combiner Wars... short of Hasbro doing some sort of release for Deluxe Groove, I'm ok with the Legends version. And while I like Rook well enough, I thought to myself, "Why does a sixth member have to be Rook?" On my Defensor, I replaced Rook with Prowl, because why can't Prowl be a Protectobot? For now I'm using Rook and Alpha Bravo, along with Mirage and Sunstreaker, with CW Prime. Ironhide gets left out, because that mold works fine for First Aid but Ironhide and Offroad are my least favorite CW Deluxes.

When the last wave hits, I'm definitely not picking up Trailbreaker (seriously, I'd have been way happier if they'd repainted and stuck a new head on First Aid and gave us Ratchet!), but I'm going to try to get Sky Lynx, Hound, and Wheeljack. Wheeljack and Hound will probably replace Rook and Alpha Bravo on Prime. I'll probably put Ironhide back with Prime, since they're good buddies, replacing Sunstreaker on that team. Beyond that, I'll do one of three things:

Option 1: Combine Sky Lynx, Rook, Alpha Bravo, Sunstreaker, and pick up Smokescreen.

Option 2: Come up with some sort of new head canon for Offroad that makes sense for him to join the Autobots. Avoid picking up Smokescreen.

Option 3: Hope Hasbro release Deluxe Groove, at which point I ditch the Legends version. Prowl leaves the Protectobots and rejoins Team Prime. Mirage or Hound goes to Sky Reign.

Options 1 and 2 still leave me with a loose Offroad. Combiner Wars really needed more Decepticons!

I guess, since Hasbro pretty much said they're not doing Predaking, I'll have to get a 3rd-party set. I like Devastator, Bruticus, and Predaking better than all the Autobot combiners put together.

What's this price adjustment? How do you get it?

If it's on pre-order, you usually get it automatically. That's what happened with my copy of Xenoblade, which resulted in me getting it for a little over $22 Canadian, and free shipping (since it originally qualified for super saver shipping).

If you don't, or if it drops in price shortly after purchase and shipping, contact customer service.