The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm tempted, because I had Trippy and I loved him when I was like 7 or 8. I'm afraid the realities of '80s toy engineering to my adult mind would diminish my memories, though.

i still swoosh around my g1 thundercracker and rollout g1 prowl . they're awesome. never disappointed :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Motorized? Like he walks? What other parts are motorized?

He walks, much like any 2-legged Zoid. In non-dino modes, the mechanism causes the radars and gun turrets to rotate. His main cannon/tower lights up, too. (though that light is very flakey--I think mine lasted a year, when I got the original) You'll see more "still walks!" used Trypticons than "still lights up!" used Trypticons.

I'm tempted, because I had Trippy and I loved him when I was like 7 or 8. I'm afraid the realities of '80s toy engineering to my adult mind would diminish my memories, though.

This happened to me. He's cool and all, but as you said, 80s engineering, there's not a lot to him really. He'll make a great toy for my son when he's a bit older

I still want a 3P WFC-styled Trypticon above all else. That design just rocks, and has replaced G1 as the "iconic" version of the character, in my mind.

*I still want a city mode, however. I basically want a G1 city that turns into the WFC dino. Because turning into the Nemesis simply can't happen in the real world, not well at least. And we never even really got to see satellite mode, plus it'd be really boring. But you could certainly get a good city mode out of the WFC dino.

show me a motorized mp and i'll show you... Trypticon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QreotwkH21s

I like how the narration on that makes it sound like Prime and Megatron are kids in the schoolyard trying to one-up each other.

"Well MY bots combine into a BIGGER SUPER-BOT!"

"Oh yeah? Well MY bot is bigger than your superbot AND he's a dinosaur!"

"Clogged injectors! You win this round, Megatron! But tomorrow I'm bringing my DINOSAUR SPACE SHUTTLE!"

Trypticon is on sale again for Cyber Monday

$118.99

Amazon.com: Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure: Toys & Games

THANK YOU, I just got one. My lost inner-child thanks you as well.

Now, I find myself looking at the Predacons, also...

Hey Guys!! I'm just NOW starting to collect these awesome MP Transformers -- question!!! I have MP Soundwave and MP-10 re-release coming this week which I'm SUPER pumped about, and I want to pick up Bumblebee, but which version is best??? Hasbro or Takara? I can't seem to find a good comparison. Only a $5 difference so which one do you guys recommend or is there any real difference in the two?

DAMN! HLJ just put Order Stop on Shockwave! GRRRRR!! I looked yesterday and it was still available for pre-order. DOHH!

Edited by derex3592

Hey Guys!! I'm just NOW starting to collect these awesome MP Transformers -- question!!! I have MP Soundwave and MP-10 re-release coming this week which I'm SUPER pumped about, and I want to pick up Bumblebee, but which version is best??? Hasbro or Takara? I can't seem to find a good comparison. Only a $5 difference so which one do you guys recommend or is there any real difference in the two?

DAMN! HLJ just put Order Stop on Shockwave! GRRRRR!! I looked yesterday and it was still available for pre-order. DOHH!

I don't think there was an American Hasbro release of Masterpiece BumbleBee, the official Takara version is it. There is a G1 and G2 version, I like the G1 version myself, the G2 Autobot symbol hurts my head to look at, other then that, I'm pretty sure they're the same figure, though, I guess you can lock down a pre-order on the red BumbleBee repaint if you want, but once again, same thing just a different color. I always go to Bigbadtoystore for my official MP releases if they've already come out, pre-order new releases at HLJ if you can. You can also go down the KO route if you really want to...Though that's always a pass for me, you gotta support Takara in my eyes.

Welp!

Finally delivered. He is pretty kewl for the most part.

The only negative for me was the hood not being flushed and streamlined when in car-mode.

As such, my pictarz!

arrival in his flying-thingy mode:
vpppeB8l.jpg

hood up (coz it's not flushed as I like it to be):
ubSbVall.jpg

and finally, his fabulousness...
fBmYfgyl.jpg

:bump:

Edited by treatment

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my first one today!! From a MW member i might add. Yup... I'm all in... LOL.. I'm 10 years old again right now and loving it! sorry... vertical pics from cell phone

glad it came to you safely, enjoy!

I'm cool with Trippy being the next Titan. Of course, I'd have taken Scorponok, too.

Omega Supreme, though, I wasn't too sure about. I think he'd need some serious updates from the G1 version to get my attention and make me think that it'd be worth replacing my Platinum Edition Omega Supreme.

Bummed I never found Metroplex now...

Have you tried sliding it back? It helps a little. Funky hinge.

Also---check the silver engine detail bits. Those were the main source of mine's hood non-flushness. Combined with the the 180 rotating shin panels.

Get all the engine and shin bits etc pushed down, and you should be able to get a flush hood. Mine was like yours out of the box, but it's fine now. (It was the passenger side engine detail that was the #1 offender)