The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

anybody else thinking about skipping Ratchet and Ironhide?

The more I look at them the less I like either mode. The Robot mode looks too thin and broken up in the chest, and the vehicle alt mode looks really busy and broken up with all the transformation lines.

The more I look at them the less I like either mode. The Robot mode looks too thin and broken up in the chest, and the vehicle alt mode looks really busy and broken up with all the transformation lines.

BLASPHEMY! In seriousness, I love the Ironhide/Ratchet look, Ironhide is my favorite Bot, so I can admit I'm biased, I NEED them both. That said, I've seen plenty of people saying they aren't vibing on the bot modes, it's understandable, I'm sure some third party is working on their own as well, aside from the ones already out and announced.

Yeah. I don't have the desire to import Takaras, and Hasbro's relationship with TRU has made US MPs more expensive and more trouble than their worth.

Meanwhile, Leader PM Prime is an Ultra Magnus retool? Hmm. UM is one of the best non-MP Transformers in ages, so even though a Powermaster Prime that isn't a transforming cab that combines with his trailer is a massive disappointment, I'm betting I'll pick him up anyway.

Nope. These vans are what I need for my G1 cast.

Yeah. I don't have the desire to import Takaras, and Hasbro's relationship with TRU has made US MPs more expensive and more trouble than their worth.

Meanwhile, Leader PM Prime is an Ultra Magnus retool? Hmm. UM is one of the best non-MP Transformers in ages, so even though a Powermaster Prime that isn't a transforming cab that combines with his trailer is a massive disappointment, I'm betting I'll pick him up anyway.

I don't understand the love for Leader UM. I mean, he's ok, but so many people gush over him and I just don't see it.

This is coming from a massive Magnus fanboy too.

Honestly, I don't think the van mode looks bad at all on MP Ironhide/ Ratchet, and certainly no worse than the third party attempts. CHUG Ironhide/Ratchet kinda set the bar for a blatantly seamed alt mode. That thing was origami from start to finish.

The MP Ironhide bot mode could have been arguably better: get rid of those thigh panels, and cover the butt wheels. The feet look a little off...they may've looked better had the feet blocks been integrated to form leg cowls with an articulated foot sticking out. But then again, it matches the animation very closely, and the legs are suitably chunky. There is something that looks off about them, but when I compare it to the animation, the toy proportions look better than the animation. Anyway, I plan on getting both of them to round out my collection. I keep hoping those hip panels can swivel around, but I doubt it, or it most likely would have been shown at this point.

The upcoming Power Master Prime is kinda missing the most important aspect of his Powermasterfulness---the little dude that transforms into an engine and tacks onto Prime's grill. Still a cool looking figure, but I thought it worth mentioning.

The upcoming Power Master Prime is kinda missing the most important aspect of his Powermasterfulness---the little dude that transforms into an engine and tacks onto Prime's grill. Still a cool looking figure, but I thought it worth mentioning.

PM Prime is coming with a little dude. Headmasters are going to be the big thing with Titan Wars, though, so he's going to transform into a head, not an engine.

Shockwave remains so sexy, I still really hope a version in OG toy colors comes out.

I really like the new gunbarrel assembly. The sort of flower-blossoming articulation is cool as heck.

PM Prime is coming with a little dude. Headmasters are going to be the big thing with Titan Wars, though, so he's going to transform into a head, not an engine.

Ah, so it's an homage to the prototype then?

In seriousness, of all the issues that Powermaster Prime had, the big super head that did nothing bugged me more than all the lack of articulation or fists sticking out of the trailer did.

It's close, but that's not what shade of blue Vortex was. Surprising that they got the others so close, but pretty off for that one. Vortex was more like smoke-periwinkle blue. Not bright electric sky blue.

It's much closer than CW G2 Superion was---that one they only got in "spirit", with Air Raid being most wrong.

(I owned all the G2 combiners for many years, they were a core chunk of my TF collection for a long while--I know EXACTLY what they looked like)

Dat shockwave though.

I just hate how Iron hides upper body fades away around the sides.

Shockwave looks amazing. What I'm really keying in on is that Takara seems to have found a solution to filling out the legs in bot mode, and thinning them suitably to form the gun's grip. That was one of the most noticeable detractors to the first MP Megatron. I hope this means a new MP Megs is in the works.

I see what you mean about Ironhide's upper body...it's blocky around the shoulder area and then it thins out quite a bit behind the van bumper and just stays thin down to the waist. It doesn't bother me as much when I look at the transformation scheme. I like the choices they made , as he could easily have been a big shell-former, but they made virtually every part of bot mode become part of his van mode. To me that's preferable to having most of the van exterior folded on his back, which is lazy engineering. Since most of the rear of the van becomes his upper body, I really wish they could have integrated his back cannon into that area so that it could be deployed in either mode, like in the cartoon. I love integrated weapons/gadgets, and that would have been the proverbial cherry on top. While not the ideal a lot of us have in our mind's eye, for me personally, I think a lot of the nitpicks will fade once I have him in hand. I'm looking forward to getting my copy.

Concerning those Bruticus pics, I'll never get the love for G2 uber-gaudy color schemes. :wacko: As for Bruticus the fig, I'm holding out to see if Takara makes a shuttle mode for Blast-off. I'm not finding any evidence that they are, though. <_<

for mike s.

Moi? Don't get me wrong, I'll be looking for CW Combaticons, as Bruticus is probably my favorite combiner. And it doesn't hurt that Onslaught is a retool of Hot Spot, who's been the best CW torso so far. But Gen 2 does nothing for me... I'd be more likely to buy a RID Ruination recolor.

Since I do not use the Tweeter, I just hope Omega Supreme wins it. That way I can buy one and stop being tempted by PX Genesis :)

Trypticon will happen, vote or no. However, he doesn't really fit the Titan Masters gimmick, and the design will probably be controversial among fans due to scale compromises.

Scorponok is a wild card... he has the appeal as a Fort Max nemesis, and already fits the Titan Master gimmick, but has not had as much of a presence in recent years and may not be first in fans' minds.

Yep.

#VoteTrypticon FTW!

I probably won't buy it though. I recently picked up a Generations Metroplex and was disappointed. Good thing it was uber cheap. I just think Tryppy is the most deserving, being how he fought Metroplex recently in the Monstrosity comic

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you find it super cheap at?

What's FB?

If I had to vote for a Titan, I'd vote for Animated Omega Supreme. He would have been an awesome toy, even moreso if they'd scaled him to where a deluxe sized fig could fit in his cockpit. It's a nice dream.

I was never crazy about any of the large TFs that turned into cities/battle stations. I'm glad they're making them for those who do, though.

What's FB?

If I had to vote for a Titan, I'd vote for Animated Omega Supreme. He would have been an awesome toy, even moreso if they'd scaled him to where a deluxe sized fig could fit in his cockpit. It's a nice dream.

I was never crazy about any of the large TFs that turned into cities/battle stations. I'm glad they're making them for those who do, though.

Facebook. It was on the Transformers Facebook page all day yesterday.

Facebook. It was on the Transformers Facebook page all day yesterday.

Ah, ok. I wasn't thinking in that direction at all. I figured it was shorthand for another site like TFW2005. Thanks for clarifying.