The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Hot Rods car mode is nice.

Chest is weirdly long.. but oh well.

It's funny they are including that fishing rod with Hot Rod. I would've said the same thing about Optimus's Energy Axe. I don't know why that throwaway bit from one episode of the cartoon has resonated so much with fans that it appears on toys and video games.

It was in the movie actually. He was fishing with Daniel or whatever his name was.

It's funny they are including that fishing rod with Hot Rod. I would've said the same thing about Optimus's Energy Axe. I don't know why that throwaway bit from one episode of the cartoon has resonated so much with fans that it appears on toys and video games.

It's a little odd, but it makes me smile.

And we can add Shockwave carrying a laser gun that looks like him to the list. :)

Hot Rod: complete with matrix stealing chest cavity.

He stole the matrix just like he stole or childhood! Hot Rod looks great in car mode and that's all that really matters to me (oh and that fishing rod accessory is wonderful).

Hot Rods car mode is nice.

Chest is weirdly long.. but oh well.

It was in the movie actually. He was fishing with Daniel or whatever his name was.

Yeah i know it was in the movie. I was talking about the energy axe. Dude i have that movie memorized. I can recite every line from the movie..in order. LOL!

What's wrong with Fans Toys sculpt?

Legs are huge.

Head is super squat, eye is too small and recessed too far back. It's... pretty wrong.

The backpack is WAY too busy. Even ignoring the big transparent purple piece sticking out, it looks like he forgot to put his access plates on when he got up in the morning.

The back half of the lasergun mode is wonky as all get-out, and the gun lacks a trigger entirely.

While not actually a sculpt issue... dear Primus that purple is a menace. Shockwave is DARK purple, not Barbie Fun House Purple.

Note that I am extremely toy-biased on Shockwave's looks.

Despite all those strikes against it, I think I'll keep my Quakewave pre-order because, apparently, he's over an inch taller. That puts him at the same height as Apollyon, which makes Quakewave believable as a usurper.

They're releasing a darker version so the color is no longer an issue. I can live with the legs, especially since they're metal. I like that the barrel actually transforms into his backpack.

The official one does look cleaner and more show accurate. I may buy it too if I find a bargain.

Despite all those strikes against it, I think I'll keep my Quakewave pre-order because, apparently, he's over an inch taller. That puts him at the same height as Apollyon, which makes Quakewave believable as a usurper.

They're releasing a darker version so the color is no longer an issue. I can live with the legs, especially since they're metal. I like that the barrel actually transforms into his backpack.

The official one does look cleaner and more show accurate. I may buy it too if I find a bargain.

Apparently, the Takara MP Shockwave has the barrel combine with the gun mode display stand to form a backpack.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Despite all those strikes against it, I think I'll keep my Quakewave pre-order because, apparently, he's over an inch taller. That puts him at the same height as Apollyon, which makes Quakewave believable as a usurper.They're releasing a darker version so the color is no longer an issue. I can live with the legs, especially since they're metal. I like that the barrel actually transforms into his backpack.The official one does look cleaner and more show accurate. I may buy it too if I find a bargain.

Cancel the quaker and get the laser!

Hopefully it'll have sound effects

How did he get the head lower or chest and shoulders higher where it actually looks right? That's my main gripe with this mold that keeps me from buying it.

*oh nvm, they're add on parts. looks great tho.

Edited by Negotiator

on masterpiece shockwave....no one is going to comment on the backpack that has to parts form from that stand? yes the grey baackpack probably doesn't partsform (or it may?) but i don't have a problem with that. the bad part is the non integral stand (at least i hope the stand isn't integrated with the gun mode!!) is a slip on cover over the real backpack...because the rael backpack is the muzzle (which is too long). also the panels on the outer lower legs...dull grey plastic? cmon, that was solid metal on teh G1 toy and also on...quakewave. they could at least give us a nice brushed silver paint look (or shinier preferably). Those are my complaints so far. otherwise it looks good. they got the torso more right than FT (legs of course are more accurate but somehow...look off too in some ways?) but ist still too small compared ot animation model or G1 toy. anyway it'll be preorderd when it shows up on hlj or similar. wonder if a toy deco will come out eventually. i hda the g1 toy so that was my main reference...i always thought of the cartoon using the lighter colors so that it could be seen easier and no other reason.

EDIT_...the g1 toy did not have metal panels where i mentioned..but metal thighs and toes...still....i wish for that feature. glossy grey or silver paint will do though!

Edited by Mechapilot77

on masterpiece shockwave....no one is going to comment on the backpack that has to parts form from that stand? yes the grey baackpack probably doesn't partsform (or it may?) but i don't have a problem with that. the bad part is the non integral stand (at least i hope the stand isn't integrated with the gun mode!!) is a slip on cover over the real backpack...because the rael backpack is the muzzle (which is too long). also the panels on the outer lower legs...dull grey plastic? cmon, that was solid metal on teh G1 toy and also on...quakewave. they could at least give us a nice brushed silver paint look (or shinier preferably). Those are my complaints so far. otherwise it looks good. they got the torso more right than FT (legs of course are more accurate but somehow...look off too in some ways?) but ist still too small compared ot animation model or G1 toy. anyway it'll be preorderd when it shows up on hlj or similar. wonder if a toy deco will come out eventually. i hda the g1 toy so that was my main reference...i always thought of the cartoon using the lighter colors so that it could be seen easier and no other reason.

I don't think that the muzzle will parts form because you can see a mechanism (yellow) that connects the backpack to the muzzle. Also I think that the muzzle can slide back to shorten it (magenta)

post-18307-0-91463300-1444066146_thumb.png

Maybe the stand is also attached to the to the mechanism that connects the muzzle to the main body so that it is a perfect transformation toy. Personally I don't like the stand that slips over the muzzle because it make the backpack to big.

I really like the color of the panels on the side of the legs. I never really like the look of the blank metal on Quakewave because it stands out from the rest of the Masterpiece Transformers. Overall I think this will be a better Shockwave than all the other versions.

Maybe I will order a Cloud 9 Quakeblast to complete the Shockwave triptych. ^_^

I don't think that the muzzle will parts form because you can see a mechanism (yellow) that connects the backpack to the muzzle. Also I think that the muzzle can slide back to shorten it (magenta)

attachicon.gifshockwave-9.png

Maybe the stand is also attached to the to the mechanism that connects the muzzle to the main body so that it is a perfect transformation toy. Personally I don't like the stand that slips over the muzzle because it make the backpack to big.

I really like the color of the panels on the side of the legs. I never really like the look of the blank metal on Quakewave because it stands out from the rest of the Masterpiece Transformers. Overall I think this will be a better Shockwave than all the other versions.

Maybe I will order a Cloud 9 Quakeblast to complete the Shockwave triptych. ^_^

hmmm..the stand backpack is a little too big but shocky is supposed to have a big packpack anyway so its not a stretch ...at least not a big one. the muzzle as backpack doesn't look right to me...for one...the color...secondly the shape. i thought QW's solution was fairly good tohugh it is partsforming unlike this apparently. still...purple partsformed backpack vs. grey perfect transformation....i thin kpurple wins for me. oh well. still love the mp line but not a fan of the current direction of the design aesthetics since magnus.

New MP Hot Rod car mode not good enough for me----looks very similar to MP-09, which was my biggest beef with that figure. Side profile just seems all sorts of wrong compared to movie IMHO. Slope of nose/windscreen, overall proportion of front vs back compared to overall length, curvature of sides/rear, etc.

I'm still looking for my "MP-esque Hot Rod with a kickass car mode" figure. That car is gorgeous, and is up there with the Countach for "car that will always look awesome, no matter how ridiculous it is". I want the exact car seen in the movie.