The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

You want to sell off a bunch of TF's at once? Transformerland.com

I've sold to there several times. Best option for "they're not worth the time/effort to sell individually" but worth too much to just give them all away.

thanks David

Irohide looks BOSS to me. Interesting hands though...

i wanted the Igear version badly...i am happy Hasbro made him. This is what the og G1 should have been.

Edited by vlenhoff

Hm. Gone is the Hasbro yellow for the translucent cockpit. The blue is different and TT painted the legs all the way up. The stripes are also more uniform. It's also interesting to see TT eschewing its strict toon styling for more of a toy aesthetic (the black nose cone). It looks like a cool figure for those who waited. Anyway, I sold my MP-11 seekers so I'll be passing on this and any other repaints. I'm trying to keep the Transformers army small.

TT version looks way better. let me count the ways.

1. Correct toon blue coloring (hasbro's was neither toy nor toon).

2. no widening stripes (consistent thickness

3. silver on the feet (which is correct per toon)

4. no dumb tattoos

5. silver all the way to the bottom of the shoulder pauldrons (intakes) which even many customs get wrong (the ones i comissioned 2 years ago included)

6. cockpit color consistent and correct (orangey vs. yellow/green)

7. no grey daisy dukes

i passed on skywarp due to hasbro asia pricing (ridiculous btw) and the fact that i had a custom SW. it'll be tough to pass on thudercracker if the retailer markups aren't too bad. that being said i wonder when TT proper will release SW if ever. I also wonder if another seeker mold is in the works (i would not doubt it...as mp-11 is based on mp-3...by now an old toy with many shortcomings but an awesome alt mode).

Edited by Mechapilot77

You mean like this one: Skywarp?

nope that is a hasbro asia sanctioned release of "takara" product. in fact anything that comes with the coin...dead give away that it is a hasbro asia thing that takara lets them do. takara dont' do the coins at all. in fact there has been no japanese domestic market release of a masterpiece skywarp in the mp-11 mold.

Edited by Mechapilot77

nope that is a hasbro asia sanctioned release of "takara" product. in fact anything that comes with the coin...dead give away that it is a hasbro asia thing that takara lets them do. takara dont' do the coins at all. in fact there has been no japanese domestic market release of a masterpiece skywarp in the mp-11 mold.

I see, I guess that explains the price.

I really like the MP-11SW a much nicer collectible than the official Takara MP-24 Starsaber.

Keep in mind that I'm extremely biased towards violet toys so much that I'm thinking about purchasing a TF Cloud Hellwarp. :D

TF Cloud Shockwave is sooooo good looking. I does not look like a iteration of Shockwave at all. They could have given him at least a uniquely molded gun or remolded the pinchers into hands.

Back on topic. The only thing MP Skywarp is missing is some extra red paint on its breast missiles and a proper translucent pilot hologram figure. I'm so fed up with those horribly painted Doctor Arkeville blobs of plastic. <_< Why doesn't Dr. Wu produce those holograms as an accessory?

Edited by Scyla

MP Ironhide has a Diaclone/G1 face homage that wants to devour your soul.

attachicon.gifironhide.jpg

*Pic stolen from TFW

Weird. Not crazy about that. :wacko: Heh, they can put an evil-looking face gazing out the windshield, but couldn't put little folding treads on the accessory tray. <_< As homages go, I'd much prefer the latter.

The TT Thundercracker looks good. I only have a few MP Seekers, all of them the Kawamori redesign. I actually prefer the original Takara design better, but at this point, as someone else mentioned, this mold has been well milked and I'm holding out for, hopefully, an improved design.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Looks good, but I still have no interest in attempting to collect any MP Cons, just bring on Ironhide and Ratchet! Also, was it confirmed that TT was working on Hound for their next new MP mold? I could have sworn I saw that posted here somewhere, I have my first third party on pre-order, which is FansToys Willys, I would really like to see some painted shots of him, but If Takara is dropping their own Hound, I will probably cancel Willys and go with the official release.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i don't have thunder cracker so i wouldn't have known the differences until mechapilot77 listed them. thanks for the heads up.

as long as it's JYP market and prices, not china/hasbro asia prices i'm getting it.

Are combiner wars figures in the £20 to £30 price range a good deal?

Would that be the Voyager and Leader class? Of the Voyagers, Optimus Prime and Motormaster were kind of so-so. Silverbolt and Cyclonus have some interesting transformation bits to make a torso, but are hampered in bot mode by having a large chunk of their alt mode on their back, and in alt mode they're basically planes with folded-up robots underneath. Hot Spot is a solid all-around figure. Great bot mode, good torso mode, adequate alt-mode. My only gripe with him is that his knees are really weak. If they fix that when they remold him as Onslaught, he could be the best in the bunch.

As for the Leaders, I don't have Thundercracker, no do I have the Jetfire he was remolded from, so I can't really say. As for the Megatrons, the G1 version is alright. Solid tank, and the turret rotates. His legs are a little skinny, his face is just... meh, and his fusion cannon sits at a weird spot on his arm. But he's definitely the best Megatron in the CHUG line. As for the Armada version, same alt-mode, different head and different paint. While the head is good, and the paint evocative of Armada Megatron, his body is still more G1 than Armada, so I'd rate it as a pass.

But Ultra Magnus is the high point of the CW line and a must-buy. His transformation is simple but interesting. In fact, it sort of similar to the G1 version in how his body forms the car carrier and how the cab sits behind his chest and between his shoulders, but he does in in such a way that the cab doesn't have to become an Optimus Prime that wears the carrier, and even better, he's not a brick. He's got limited ankle tilt and great range in his hips, knees, shoulders, and elbows. He even has swivels on the points where his missile launchers attach to his shoulders move outward so they don't interfere with his arm movement.

Looks good, but I still have no interest in attempting to collect any MP Cons, just bring on Ironhide and Ratchet! Also, was it confirmed that TT was working on Hound for their next new MP mold? I could have sworn I saw that posted here somewhere, I have my first third party on pre-order, which is FansToys Willys, I would really like to see some painted shots of him, but If Takara is dropping their own Hound, I will probably cancel Willys and go with the official release.

The MP Hound was just a rumor i believe. But usually they are fairly accurate. Before the announcement of MP Tracks and Ironhide they where also rumored to be the next releases.

I was toy hunting last week and try to find some of the CW figures. TRU had a bunch of leader class Megatrons (G1 and Armada) for $66. I had no interest in them so it was an easy pass. They also had some of the limbs for $28. They where only wave one and since they skipped wave 2 in Europe I had no interest in an incomplete team especially since they had no voyagers for the torsos.

So I left empty handed... not quite I bought a Mega Bloks Halo mini figure (they're fun!). In the next toy store they had the wave 3 of the torsos (Hot Spot and Cyclonus) for $35 each which wasn't a terrible deal so I might go back and pick up a Cyclonus if they still have one when I'm in town the next time. I don't have any interest in the limbs but I would buy a Cyclonus because of the character and the purple paint scheme.

It would be the first time in about three years that I'd buy a Transformer in a brick and mortar store.

I'd say £20 for the limbs would be a rip-off but for the torsos they might be a pretty good price.