The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

i just paid for mp-10 (x2) preorders from NY

And (1) is for me? Thanks dude! :D

Seriously, I want one but it's only to be pseudo completionist. I have the (3) most recent Hasbro (Hasbro US, Asia and YOTH) so I have no reason for the Takara re-release.

And yeah, count me in for Ironhide as well. So freaking happy. Now we need Ratchet (which is a given), Hound and Jazz.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:(

At the price I sold it for, more like gave it away. :blink:

-b.

just kidding b, anytime i see a pre-order you need i'll try and hook you up.

Should have added a smile. lol

It's all good, I actually cancelled my pre-order for the re-release MP-10 at HLJ. Those Bandai VF-19's + stupid unexpected real-world bills killed my budget. :lol:

On topic, as much I as I enjoyed the Beast Wars cartoon I'm not really enthused about a MP Optimus Primal, so that'll be an easy pass.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

FYI, Combiner Wars Devastator is up for preorder on Amazon. $149.99 and an August 1st release date (which is a Saturday, so the delivery date on my order is August 5th even though I have Prime). Yeah, yeah, the Takara version will be better, but for me at least not an estimated $100 or so more considering that I expect him to be in Devastator mode 99% of the time.

And yeah, count me in for Ironhide as well. So freaking happy. Now we need Ratchet (which is a given), Hound and Jazz.

-b.

Don't forget Trailbreaker, Mirage, Sunstreaker, the rest of the mini-Autobots, and a new improved Megs. Once all these guys are made, that'll be the original '84 lineup. I hope TT continue to produce G1 MP along with their BW. I think by now they know the G1 figs are definite sellers; Beast Wars is kinda iffy.

Somewhat OT: I've searched the net a bit to see if any progress has been made on Bandai's Gokin Machine-Robo (Gobots) figs, to no avail. I was hoping by now there would have been finalized pics and preorders, but nothing. The prototypes looked good. At the very least I wanted that Leader-1 and SR-71 fig. Hope these make it to production, that they sell well, and more of the line get made. I'd love to get a Road Ranger and Royal-T done in this style.

You know the funniest thing about the Combiner Wars line?

How often is Optimus Prime the repaint/remold instead of whatever other truck he shares with? I mean, in this case the mold is BLATANTLY Motormaster first, and they just threw the Prime name on it because red trucks sell.

FYI, Combiner Wars Devastator is up for preorder on Amazon. $149.99 and an August 1st release date (which is a Saturday, so the delivery date on my order is August 5th even though I have Prime). Yeah, yeah, the Takara version will be better, but for me at least not an estimated $100 or so more considering that I expect him to be in Devastator mode 99% of the time.

Sweet Jesus, I don't think I have ever made a faster decision on a toy purchase than with this guy. I've always wanted a Devastator but the prices were all crazy high. This one has all the G1 feel to it, much better articulation, it's huge and it's $150 bucks. Now... where am I going to put it? I don't have any space left here.

yeah the takara will be better but here is the thing. i got to think any upgrades the 3rd party world does will be colored for the mass release. FWIW i think the takara one looks better in combined mode too (for one thing the hands and mixmaster is more G1 as the foot), but I am unsure if 3P will bother to do takara colored upgrades. I also think the hasbro color is more accurate to the t/toonoy colors we had growing up....whiel takara's does its best to ape the 1986 movie appearnace in color. i just preordered at amazon too but i'll rethink if the takara one isn't too too much more.

Edited by Mechapilot77

HLJ sent an invoice for MP-10

Awesome figure; hope you enjoy. The only negative I really have with him is the covered wheel wells in bot mode. I think he looks better with his back wheels uncovered and exposed. Either that, or they should have rotated the whole wheel assembly into the leg to keep the legs looking animation smooth. Still a really impressive Prime figure.

If you didn't bite at Amazon, BBTS, TFSource, Captured Prey, and Robot Kingdom are all taking preorders for Devastator.

I am waiting to see how much is the Takara one first.

I am waiting to see how much is the Takara one first.

That's a legitimate choice, but I can't imagine it being less than $100 more (the regular-sized Takara combiners are already $130-160). Since I plan on keeping him in Devastator mode most of the time, I can't really justify the extra cost. But your mileage may vary.

Awesome figure; hope you enjoy. The only negative I really have with him is the covered wheel wells in bot mode. I think he looks better with his back wheels uncovered and exposed. Either that, or they should have rotated the whole wheel assembly into the leg to keep the legs looking animation smooth. Still a really impressive Prime figure.

I had the Hasbrdo version original. Then Sold it to get the Hasasia Takara 30th whatever, then sold it to get this one haha

Takes anime export how long to calculate my shipping cost? Request for shipping two days ago and not heard back yet...

Edit: never got email notification from anime export, but log in and there it was waiting to be ship. Paid $45 to ship to California. Hope everything goes well since I heard there is no customer service from Anime Export.

Edited by dapro

Don't forget Trailbreaker, Mirage, Sunstreaker, the rest of the mini-Autobots, and a new improved Megs. Once all these guys are made, that'll be the original '84 lineup. I hope TT continue to produce G1 MP along with their BW. I think by now they know the G1 figs are definite sellers; Beast Wars is kinda iffy.

Somewhat OT: I've searched the net a bit to see if any progress has been made on Bandai's Gokin Machine-Robo (Gobots) figs, to no avail. I was hoping by now there would have been finalized pics and preorders, but nothing. The prototypes looked good. At the very least I wanted that Leader-1 and SR-71 fig. Hope these make it to production, that they sell well, and more of the line get made. I'd love to get a Road Ranger and Royal-T done in this style.

Totally agree, there are so many G1 (and TF:TM) figures that I want in MP form. And I really hope that they don't dive head-first into Beast Wars, again while I liked the show I'm not going to automatically purchase many, or any, figures from the show.

-b.

I'm waiting for the Takara Devy to show up before getting the Hasbro one, it'll likely be the same price as Amazon, just with shipping.
The Beast Wars MP was a shot in the dark from Takara. While I do love the Beast Wars, and I would likely buy most, I still think we should
have gotten in the least, a proper Megatron, and even Sunstreaker and Jazz before moving to BW.

Then again, We aren't the target market, so they obviously feel the risk in the MP Beasts is worth the investment.

I've seen pretty much every single Combiner wars figure currently released, and I haven't bought one yet. I can't get over those

terrible arm joints. It reminds me of the first lego swivels. It feels cheap. I know Devy isn't any different, but it will always be combined in form.
Plus I'm sure a range of 3P will make upgrades for Devy.

FYI for people who ordered from Anime Export. They don't email notification that the item is in stock or request for shipping, or shipped. I just logged in knowing this and my MP-10 is shipped!

I'm waiting it out for MP devistator. hah

rumor has been the first MP combiner Tak is going after is Bruticus. However, the new Devy might change that based on sales.

You never know when a company is testing the market. I know both head designers had expressed massive interest in making an MP combiner. It's a brilliant move, because it insures the sale of six figures (or five).

I don't know if they are planning for a Masterpiece combiner while Combiner Wars is still on the shelfs. I don't know what percentage of Takaras TF revenue comes from collectors but I think they want to sell as many CW toys as possible. ^_^

I feel like a lot of MP fans aren't the same demo of people that buy chugs. Obviously there is overlap, but I don't buy any other transformers.

But if each piece is the size/price of an MP car, it would only be 300-350 for a full combiner. Or the cost of one YF-19.

I feel like a lot of MP fans aren't the same demo of people that buy chugs. Obviously there is overlap, but I don't buy any other transformers.

But if each piece is the size/price of an MP car, it would only be 300-350 for a full combiner. Or the cost of one YF-19.

Not gonna lie, I'd pay that much for an in-scale, accurate MP Devastator (only because he's the most iconic of the combiners).

-b.