The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Just another "variant" to make the original worth more, as they have defaced a large amount of stock haha.

But yeah that's a terrible move by Tfsource. They are basically defacing official items because they are too lazy to sell them on ebay.

They should have just put their stock up on a private ebay page and sold it at a slightly inflated price. They would have made their money back.

Now they have pissed off collectors who will want their money back and no way to unload the stock.

Edited by Gakken85

What a weird thing to do. I can see them offering it as an option - even if it were the only way to get one from them - but to just blindside people with it after shipping it out and be all like, "oh hay we did you a huge favor dude, but if you don't like it you can totally send it back." They must actively be trying to alienate their customers.

Sweet. Speaking of, I got my shipping notice for Quickslinger. How about you guys?

I went by the local Wal-Mart earlier, figured I may as well check toys.

Didn't expect much, but what I found was...

One peg of movie Hound. Nothing else.

This is why I quit looking for plastic robots. I'm happy to just wait for you guys to post pics. FAR less frustrating that way.

My order was declined cause my card expires in six months. <_< no seriously, that's the reason they gave me.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I hoped you chewed somebody out and they gave you some compensation.

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I hoped you chewed somebody out and they gave you some compensation.

Oh I'm seriously pissed about it. I'm practically offended. If it were November I'd understand and apologize for not realizing it, but at that same time I'd of had a new card by that point. Hell I just got a new card from Cap1 cause it expires in July. But none the less this one doesn't until November : / that's pretty retarded.

Yeha no they're not gonna do jack, but did tell me that the CSR I talked too was absolutely wrong.

Oh and in th meantime, the weblink for Quickslinger was taken down.

Edited by Hikuro

My order was declined cause my card expires in six months. <_< no seriously, that's the reason they gave me.

Weird, the card I used expires in four months and it went through just fine.

Edited by eriku

It wasn't for me most of the day. I ended up finding a loop hole around it. Yesterday it took me 30 minutes to try and order it cause the page kept crashing saying he didn't exist.

I did find a way to order it, it was drastic but it should of worked just fine. I ended up going into my canceled order portion and he was sitting there. So I guess the game is still on and I should of already paid for it. Now I just gotta wait until Tuesday.

Well, I hope it works out for you, Hikuro.

Quickslinger and Brake-Neck arrived today for me, so I can (and will) go back to calling them Slingshot and Wildrider.

So, Wildrider... it seems like his hand/foot peg hole is a little wide, and the peg on his hand/foot/weapon thingy a little small. Way too loose. I swapped his with Dead End's, though, and it seems ok.

Interestingly, the packaging on Wildrider has him replacing Dead End, not Offroad, in forming Menasor. I gave a chuckle, and immediately tossed any and all "official" combinations, because while Dead End, Wildrider, and Breakdown seem to be equally good/bad as arms or legs, I kind of like Dragstrip best as a leg, and I kind of like my G1 Stunticons better than Offroad. So I have Breakdown and Dead End in their regular spots, but I swapped Wildrider and Dragstrip. I did my best to hide Dragstrip and breakdown's weapons by plugging them into Wildrider and Dead End's doors on what would be the back's of Menasor's arms. Then I put Wildrider and Dead End's pipe weapons in Motormaster's fists, so it looks like Menasor has big smoke stacks.

Slingshot's instruction do depict him replacing Alpha Bravo, and the "official" configuration has Slingshot and Fireflight as the legs and Skydive and Air Raid as arms, kind of backwards from the G1 cartoon. I'm content to roll with Hasbro on that one. Slingshot and Fireflight's fists are hidden a little better in leg mode than Skydive and Air Raid's. Meanwhile, Air Raid and Skydive's arms are pegged more securely in arm mode than Slingshot or Fireflight's.

So now I've got Offroad and Alpha Bravo as extra limbs. If I collect the Protectobots as Hasbro releases them, and Takara really does release a Deluxe Groove, and Hasbro later makes that Deluxe Groove available, then Rook could wind up in the extra limb pile, too. Then I'll only need Hasbro to screw me one more time (or pick up one of the rumored repaints like Ironhide or Mirage to combine with my CW Optimus Prime for a whole extra combiner.

Well, I hope it works out for you, Hikuro.

Quickslinger and Brake-Neck arrived today for me, so I can (and will) go back to calling them Slingshot and Wildrider.

So, Wildrider... it seems like his hand/foot peg hole is a little wide, and the peg on his hand/foot/weapon thingy a little small. Way too loose. I swapped his with Dead End's, though, and it seems ok.

Wow that was fast, mine haven't even shipped yet. The fist holes on my Dead End are too big like the ones on your Wildrider, he can't hold any weapons. :(

Also it seems BBTS has already sent out Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus figures last week for some customers, while for others (myself included) the release date was bumped out to "Late June". Weird. And I placed my order within an hour after the preorder went up. Oh well, thar be other robits in the sea.

Edited by eriku

Wow that was fast, mine haven't even shipped yet. The fist holes on my Dead End are too big like the ones on your Wildrider, he can't hold any weapons. :(

Also it seems BBTS has already sent out Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus figures last week for some customers, while for others (myself included) the release date was bumped out to "Late June". Weird. And I placed my order within an hour after the preorder went up. Oh well, thar be other robits in the sea.

Do you have Prime? I ordered "Quickslinger" the evening you put up the link, I think Friday, and "Brake-Neck" the next day. I got the shipping notice for "Quickslinger" before I'd placed the order for "Brake-Neck," and woke up Sunday morning with a shipping notice for "Brake-Neck." I think one was coming from Arizona, and the other Oklahoma or something. I don't know how Amazon does it, but I'm not complaining.

Oh, and I don't mean that Wildrider has a problem with his fist holes. Honestly, didn't even play with him in bot mode. I mean that pipe is his leg, that holds Menasor's fist foot is either too big, the peg on the fist/foot too small, or most likely some combination of both. It was in loosely, and if he was holding Menasor's sword the weight of the sword would pull the fist out.

The reason I say "most likely" is because I just swapped the fist that came with Dead End and the fist that came with Wildrider, and they both seem ok that way.

I don't have Prime, but Amazon has still always shipped my orders the following day. Not a biggie, it'll come.

Would you be willing to check if the bot mode fist holes on your Dead End and Wildrider the correct size? I'm just curious if I got an anomoly.

Edited by eriku

I don't have Prime, but Amazon has still always shipped my orders the following day. Not a biggie, it'll come.

Would you be willing to check if the bot mode fist holes on your Dead End and Wildrider the correct size? I'm just curious if I got an anomoly.

Oh, I had Prime with the student discount when I was in grad school, but I didn't want to renew at the full $99 price. I noticed all my orders, especially when I had spent enough for their Super Saver free shipping, it'd be like a week before they'd ship. And since I use Amazon for a lot of the Gundam models I build, my wife wound up buying Prime again for my birthday. I can't speak for everyone, but I think I use it enough that it's worth it, and I'm certainly glad I had it for these guys!

Anyway, it was your links that let me get my orders in, so I think playing checking out their fists is the least I can do for you.

So... Dead End's fists are definitely a little looser than Wildrider's, but I guess not as bad as yours? Wildrider holds his weapon (or Breakdown's, or Dragstrip's) nice and snug. Dead End's grip isn't snug, but he can hold his (and Dragstrip and Breakdown's) enough that it won't fall out or rotate loosely.

If I put Motormaster's weapons in Wildrider's hands, he holds them about as well as Dead End holds his own weapon. Dead End can't hold Motormaster's weapons; they will fall right out.

post-187-0-85830500-1431977699_thumb.jpg

Thanks for checking! I didn't care for the exhaust pipe Dead End comes with so i tried a bunch of guns from other TFs and they all fall right out. I guess I'll exchange him for another if/when I see one in the store (Ha!).

Amazon Prime is awesome. My wife and I each got a free year via the Amazon Mom thing when our daughter was born, and we staggered it so together we had free Prime for nearly two years.

Thanks for checking! I didn't care for the exhaust pipe Dead End comes with so i tried a bunch of guns from other TFs and they all fall right out. I guess I'll exchange him for another if/when I see one in the store (Ha!).

Amazon Prime is awesome. My wife and I each got a free year via the Amazon Mom thing when our daughter was born, and we staggered it so together we had free Prime for nearly two years.

The pipes are kinda lame weapons, yeah... but as I mentioned, they look pretty boss as smokestacks for Menasor.

post-187-0-61111000-1431981285_thumb.jpgpost-187-0-29553800-1431981290_thumb.jpg

Amazon Mom? What's that? My wife and I are expecting in July; I wonder if this is something I should be looking into?

Couple more crappy cell pics for you, this time of Superion.

G1 arrangement - I don't care for it, because Air Raid and Skydive's arms are really visible.

post-187-0-89217100-1431983817_thumb.jpg

G1 style, with the jet parts of the legs on the back. I also don't recommend this, because Silverbolt's fists get in the way.

post-187-0-95780100-1431983940_thumb.jpg

My preferred arrangement: flip everyone diagonally.

post-187-0-49624200-1431983948_thumb.jpg

I think I mentioned before, but I like to stick Air Raid's gun onto Silverbolt's, and Fireflight and Slingshot's (or Alpha Bravo's) guns on Superion's thighs, in Silverbolt's forearm holes. Skydive's gun goes on Superion's back. Toss in Powerglide, so that Superion is dual-wielding, rotate the thigh guns forward, and drop the nose of Silverbolt's alt mode enough that you can rotate Skydive's gun 180 degrees, so the barrels are coming up between Superion's legs. Now Superion is full bursting, like Freedom/Strike Freedom Gundam.

post-187-0-84728200-1431983958_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Couple more crappy cell pics for you, this time of Superion.

G1 arrangement - I don't care for it, because Air Raid and Skydive's arms are really visible.

attachicon.gifG1config.jpg

G1 style, with the jet parts of the legs on the back. I also don't recommend this, because Silverbolt's fists get in the way.

attachicon.gifG1style.jpg

My preferred arrangement: flip everyone diagonally.

attachicon.gifCWstyle.jpg

I think I mentioned before, but I like to stick Air Raid's gun onto Silverbolt's, and Fireflight and Slingshot's (or Alpha Bravo's) guns on Superion's thighs, in Silverbolt's forearm holes. Skydive's gun goes on Superion's back. Toss in Powerglide, so that Superion is dual-wielding, rotate the thigh guns forward, and drop the nose of Silverbolt's alt mode enough that you can rotate Skydive's gun 180 degrees, so the barrels are coming up between Superion's legs. Now Superion is full bursting, like Freedom/Strike Freedom Gundam.

attachicon.gifFullburst.jpg

initially, i thought that was computron

initially, i thought that was computron

No Combiner Wars Computron... yet. I mean, it seems doable. Retool Silverbolt for Scattershot, retool Dead End/Wildrider for Lightspeed, retool one of the jets for Strafe (and probably still have a more G1-ish appearance than the Cyclonus repaint). Maybe replace Rook's clamp weapon thingy with a drill, call him Nosecone. And if Takara makes a Deluxe-class Groove, find a way to retool it into Afterburner. You wouldn't even need an entirely new mold.

I'd really like Bruticus and Predaking first, though.

Bruticus is coming first, and if Brawl is a new tank mold---then you just need to add a drill to it for a perfect Nosecone. THEN you get your Computron. :)

That works for me, too.

Yeah, I think we all figure that Bruticus is basically a sure thing by now. Aside from the rumors straight up listing Combaticons in an upcoming wave, Alpha Bravo looks even more like Vortex than Blades, and Hot Spot has some slightly odd design elements that practically scream "We're retooling him as Onslaught!"

With Titan Devastator and Bruticus, two of my three favorite combiners will have been done. Unfortunately, I'm kind of doubting that they'll do Predaking, as they'd all have to be new molds that don't have a ton of repaint potential, unless the fan's choice combiner uses them.

For the record, Superion and Motormaster are my 4th and 5th, King Poseidon (who will never be Piranacon to me) is 6, Defensor 7, and Abominus 8th, for G1 5-or-more non-Micromaster combiners. Missing one out of my top five isn't too bad.

For the record, Superion and Motormaster are my 4th and 5th, King Poseidon (who will never be Piranacon to me) is 6, Defensor 7, and Abominus 8th, for G1 5-or-more non-Micromaster combiners. Missing one out of my top five isn't too bad.

Piranacon is one of my absolute faves, King Poseidon is someone totally different who looks a lot like him. It's like Sky-Byte vs TM2 Cybershark. :)

Are we sure Deluxe Groove isn't coming here?

It's too early to say. The first mentions of him were only from last week. This is the first we've seen of him, and he's not even painted yet.

If we believe the best in people, then Hasbro really did think we'd be better off with a Legends class Groove, to keep his alt mode in scale with the other Protectobots, and they really believed that the best way to do a modern Defensor was to have that Legends class Groove be an accessory while making a new guy as a limb. And if we believe that, then Deluxe Groove is purely Takara giving fans what they really wanted in the first place, and like Wildrider and and Slingshot, Hasbro might bring him over later.

If we're being cynical, Hasbro deliberately left out Wildrider and Slingshot, gave us a Legends class Groove, and created Offroad, Alpha Bravo, and Rook knowing full well that we'd buy the new guys to complete our combiners, buy a Legends class Groove for fear of not having any Groove, and fully intended to sell us Wildrider, Slingshot, and Deluxe Groove later just to get us to buy more toys. Heck, they probably figure that with extra limbs we'll buy torso repaints of guys who aren't supposed to be Combiners like Optimus and Cyclonus just to stick the extra limbs on. I know personally I have Alpha Bravo and Offroad as legs on an armless "Ultra Prime."

I had the opportunity to play with my MP Star Saber today.

[rant]

I have to say I'm still underwhelmed about the quality of the Takara Masterpiece collector line. Especially with the bigger robots like Ultra Magnus and Star Saber. This is the second figure (after MP-22) that has white paint that is applied to thin and with fuzzy edges on a collector figure. Starsaber also has paint issues with the red paint on the cockpit of the jet.

It is sad to see that the quality control on the biggest robots is lacking. With the exception of MP Lambor all the other (smaller) Transformers are quite good and feel like a collectible. The biggest bots feel more like toys. I think this is a problem with the price point. Both MP-22 and MP-24 had not enough budget and I would have gladly payed $50 more for each if they would have better QC, design, paint applications.

I understand that the designer of Star Saber opted for more colored plastic and less paint apps but to me this is to the detriment of the toy not a benefit. I know that paint apps a prone to scratching (I have enough Bandai Valkyries to prove that) but it just feels cheap to me. This is especially true for yellow and red plastic when you can see that the material is not 100% opaque. I would be ok if all the different colored plastic parts where painted in the same color. In this scenario scratches wouldn't be that visible and the toy would feel high quality to me.

The unpainted die-cast parts are also pretty cheap looking especially if you have coated die-cast pieces right next to them in the feet.

In addition the hallow legs also don't say collectible item to me. I also don't understand why the legs don't have compartments to store all the bits and pieces the toy comes with (like the two handed sword handle and the handle for the smaller sword). I even pegs would be a viable solution to me but even the screw holes have not the right diameter for the accessories.

I could go on and on about all the problems I have with this figure. In the end however I'm glad to have it in my collection and that Takara made a MP Star Saber because it is really fun to play with. It is just sad to see that the biggest Masterpiece toys are not in line with the other MP items (MP-10B was my first of the new Masterpiece line and he is pretty much perfect for my likings) and doesn't have the same qualities as other collectible items.

At the moment the Bandai reissue of the Koenig Monster is sitting on my desk and to me this is a proper collectible transforming toy that hit all the marks on my list. Great detail, great materials and paint apps. It just looks a feels valuable.

In the end MP Star Saber is a great toy but not a great collectible. My VF-0D was in the same package as Star Saber and I'm a bit worried to open it because that might spoil the toy further. ^_^

[/rant]

I have my hopes up for MP Tracks because I really like the cars (I especially love my Streak) and I hope that Star Saber was the last big robot in the MP line for a while. Maybe a third party company will tackle Star Saber one day. I'd be super stoked by an MMC IDW Star Saber. That say my MMC Cynicus will be in my hands tomorrow. :)

Just saw the images for the dlx United groove. Great looking motorcycle not. Sure it's gonna ruin hasbros claim to wanting to scale things better but overall much better looking than their little legends looking toy. Very perplexed if I should hold out now or not.