The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I think all video reviews are too long. Tell me what's good, tell me what isn't, give me a few shots in both (or however many) modes, and let me go about my day.

This. I hate watching videos. Give me pics and text.

Only time I like videos are when I'm trying to figure out an overly complicated toy or a toy with stupidly inaccurate instructions. That's right, I'm looking at you Hasbro.

I limit myself to Chachi and Charles wrt video reviews. Mainly coz I like their no-nonsense raw presentation, especially when pointing out how stupid/wtf/frustrating/fragile/flawed some of the stuff can be.

Also, we have similar tastes in toys so it's easy for me to get what they're saying about toys that I may or may not have.

I don't quite like those overproduced and fanboy-ish reviews.

Guest davidwhangchoi

This. I hate watching videos. Give me pics and text.

Only time I like videos are when I'm trying to figure out an overly complicated toy or a toy with stupidly inaccurate instructions. That's right, I'm looking at you Hasbro.

lol :lol:

I mostly like pictorial and WORDS! reviews (what can I say, I like to read) but I enjoy the occasional video review if its short and concise. If I'm five minutes in and it's still hands gesturing in front of the box, I'm done.

THEW's reviews are a favorite of mine, but those are more for entertainment than anything else.

I don't know where to ask this question but this seems fitting and it doesn't warrant its own thread.

So the question is: what's up with all the drill tanks.

I mean Transformers have them, Machine Robo has them, Gaogaigar has drill tanks legs and I'm sure I'm missing some more.

It seems that Japan love drill tanks but I can't imagine where this comes from. I'd appreciate your input. :)

I don't know where to ask this question but this seems fitting and it doesn't warrant its own thread.

So the question is: what's up with all the drill tanks.

I mean Transformers have them, Machine Robo has them, Gaogaigar has drill tanks legs and I'm sure I'm missing some more.

It seems that Japan love drill tanks but I can't imagine where this comes from. I'd appreciate your input. :)

I don't have any explanations or theories. I just want to add that even Orson Scott Card has drill tanks on the latest Ender books. Hehehe

Road Rage

I'm way more interested in her than Tracks. Tracks is a douche and I never liked him, Road Rage is a female transformer in the MP line and they're actually doing remolds to make her look feminine.

Edited by anime52k8

image.png

You know, she's that 'con that showed up in the same episode as Exhaust.

Road Rage

I'm way more interested in her than Tracks. Tracks is a douche and I never liked him, Road Rage is a female transformer in the MP line and they're actually doing remolds to make her look feminine.

And that's the only MP 'cons we're getting, sadly. Just repaints of 'bots.

I'm into the original diaclone faceplate. Don't really care about the "sex" of robots as I don't think they have sex anyway? Idk.

A red version for alt mode will be sexy.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

You know, she's that 'con that showed up in the same episode as Exhaust.

And that's the only MP 'cons we're getting, sadly. Just repaints of 'bots.

where's trips? damn you takara. and screw you hasbro with the dumb triple changer repaints and charging astronomical numbers for the insecticons

I kinda wish I'd picked up the Insecticons when they were reissued a few years back.

Been a big fan of Road Rage (Reiji) since getting the e-Hobby exclusive in 2003. Including the black beam rifle with her is a smart move. Almost makes me want to double dip.

I don't think Takara will ever top including ONE missile launcher with Prowl, and one with Bluestreak.

(I still need to buy launchers for Streak, but all the GOOD ones for him are always in multi-packs---I don't want to buy a Prowl/Streak/Smoke set, just to get the good Streak ones)