The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Yeah, I just ordered Bluestreak at BBTS, he's 'regular BBTS price' there, meaning inflated, but no more so than any other MP car.

If HLJ or NY throw him up for preorder at a better price I'll just switch over. For now I've at least got one secured. I don't really care about the OMGRARE! factor, I'm just a sucker for the Nissan cars. -_-

I doubt HLJ will get it.

Seems to be sold out on the Tomy site now. Some listings on ebay though.

I doubt it too, but I wouldn't have guessed BBTS would have it for their regular MP car price either.

It's the sort of thing I would expect to see solicited at BBTS as:

'Limited Edition ONLY 2000, BBTS Special Price of $159.99!'

I doubt it too, but I wouldn't have guessed BBTS would have it for their regular MP car price either.

while some are fanatic about it...i'm guessing blue bluestreak has smaller deman overall than say regular bluestreak did. i think regular releases are say 5-10k at most, so this isn't THAT much more rare...2.5-5x based on that estimate i've seen thrown around again and again. Then again...i don't know those numbers for sure and perhaps wtih habro asia in the takra mp game fully now as well the runs are bigger....lost of new middle class rich in asia these days so demand is higher than when the mp line started. perhaps it really IS just a small fraction of what a normal run is....but i kinda doubt it. i also wonder if the limited 2K is just limited to 2K in japan. can hasbro asia go in and print copies for their customers? if so...how many? "exclusives" aren't always THAT exclusive. tigertrack was a toy show exclusive but easy to get (perhaps some were scared off by the grey market factory scrap being sold on the side), and i dn't recall silverstreak being hard to get either.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Guest davidwhangchoi

question: i'm sorta confused. reading the tfw2005 thread it looks like it's only 2000 limited to jyp but they're going to print more for asia as well as bbts getting them.

was that the pattern with bape and eva prime as well?

Bape Prime only went through their online bape site, and some brick bape stores in china and japan. So it was uber limited.

This appears to have been up on the Tomy site as an exclusive.

BBTS will probably have Japanese agents to pick up stock of this, just like they send people out to TRU's to get exclusive TRU releases.

Robotjapan should have stock as well soon.

I'm sure more will be printed. Who knows though.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Bape Prime only went through their online bape site, and some brick bape stores in china and japan. So it was uber limited.

thanks for the info on bape, sounds like this one is different and may be printed more outside of jyp.

I wonder if there was a mistranslation and the 2000 is just what the TakaraTomyMall website will have available, not counting whatever quantity will be made for other vendors. Whatever the case, I'll just be happy to get one.

I wonder if there was a mistranslation and the 2000 is just what the TakaraTomyMall website will have available, not counting whatever quantity will be made for other vendors. Whatever the case, I'll just be happy to get one.

2000 is the Takara Tomy Mall limited quantity. Which is now sold out.

The Hasbro Asia number is unknown.

i just saw the g1 reissue triple changers package reveal.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/new-official-images-of-platinum-edition-blitzwing-and-astrotrain-182356/

why is hasbro doing this... please don't do this to tripticon...

i'

Wow, it's like they tried really hard to pick the most unappealing colors possible.

I'm not against them being in colors different from the originals, but when i look at these all I can think is, "why?"

A tan tank makes sense, even if it's not "Blitzwing-y". But Astrotrain is just incomprehensibly randomly colored in the fugliest way possible, in all modes. It truly is "WTF"? Was plastic for a mustard/lavender/rust/periwinkle combo not available?

Quick Impressions of Star Saber:

It delivers in every way that Ultra Magnus did not. Awesome gimmicks that really enhance the toy instead of subtracting from it. Tons of features and a simple but fun transformation. Quality seems top notch, and the finish is fantastic. Everything feels solid and well thought out. All the weapons fit nicely in the back which is a nice feature. I love the big shiny sword too :D

I love how clicky and solid the legs are compared to Magnus. The arms have fantastic range of motion and the face is perfect. The hands are very solid and seem to be a big step up from other MPs.

The shuttle mode transformation when you separate the tabs on the legs was very similar to a 1/60 Yammie, but much simpler of course.

The only minor complaints are that I would like some paint on the diecast jets, It feels a little unfinished there. Also, the saber doesn't seem to sit into the hand as securely as I'd want.

All and all, tons of value in this piece, almost wished I'd bought two after all, though I have no real room for it.

Definitely the best MP since MP-10.

--

Clash of the titans!! Evil Star Saber putting Dairugger on the back foot!

http://i.imgur.com/RANEb7ll.jpg

RANEb7ll.jpg

Cleared a spot for him behind my two Grimlocks. Love the shine of the chest and the sword.

http://i.imgur.com/UHwJOZYl.jpg

UHwJOZYl.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow, it's like they tried really hard to pick the most unappealing colors possible.

I'm not against them being in colors different from the originals, but when i look at these all I can think is, "why?"

A tan tank makes sense, even if it's not "Blitzwing-y". But Astrotrain is just incomprehensibly randomly colored in the fugliest way possible, in all modes. It truly is "WTF"? Was plastic for a mustard/lavender/rust/periwinkle combo not available?

this quote from tfw2005 sums it up

These look like sh!t. On the bright side, you can probably buy nice vintage units for less than these will cost at retail. Hasbro has gone frakking insane with their reissue prices.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1037744-platinum-edition-decepticon-triple-changers-hasbro-website-7.html

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm so underwhelmed by Star Saber. Now I know how non-Magnus fanboys felt when he was released. The lack of paint apps really shows on this guy, making him look very toy-like instead of like a collector piece. Also the transformation lacks any punch or ingenuity. For a guy who is a master swordsman the Sword guard/wrist flare combo really limit the way he can be posed with the sword.

Also half of the rachets on mine don't click.

Im still glad I bought him. But I've been hyping him up so much that I suppose disappointment was inevitable.

Maybe he'll grow on me...

Guest davidwhangchoi

i said this before but in case, i wouldn't recommend ordering from robot kingdom:

here's from tfw2005

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1037733-mp-18b-bluestreak-45.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarrior viewpost.gif
MP-18B went from $59.99 to $69.99 at Robot Kingdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradforj viewpost.gif
That place really is slimy. Considering their exorbitant shipping costs, buyers in the USA are better off sticking with the stateside vendors at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robogeek28 viewpost.gif
Tsk tsk.

It's really a shame that places do that with popular items. This isn't limited to RK though, as other stores have done this as well with other popular items.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior viewpost.gif
RK is the only store remaining with pre-orders available and I'm sure the price has increased because the figure is limited.
Don't forget that they are also the place that came on a thread here stating that the GDO Voyagers and Scouts wouldn't hit the US, and that if you wanted them you needed to go through vendors like them. I'm amazed people still give them business after that, let alone the price fluctuations on stuff that's current.

I've ordered.. 2 things from RK? I got Tigertrack from them, and ....maybe that's it. The shipping was semi-expensive but nothing worse than what you get from AE. It seems their prices have gone up a bit recently in regards to EMS and such. Like 30 bucks to ship an autobot car.

But it's no different that what NY does with Frontier Valks, so I'm not sure why the hate.

http://www.toydojo.com/transformers-masterpiece-mp-18b-blue-bluestreak-limited-edition-color-special/

TD is sold out too.

Edited by Gakken85

I've ordered.. 2 things from RK? I got Tigertrack from them, and ....maybe that's it. The shipping was semi-expensive but nothing worse than what you get from AE. It seems their prices have gone up a bit recently in regards to EMS and such. Like 30 bucks to ship an autobot car.

But it's no different that what NY does with Frontier Valks, so I'm not sure why the hate.

http://www.toydojo.com/transformers-masterpiece-mp-18b-blue-bluestreak-limited-edition-color-special/

TD is sold out too.

If you want one, get it from RK now, or go to Ebay and pay $130+

bbts hasn't failed to deliver for me yet for fulfilling items however there is always a first. I DID put in a preorder with another american vendor. hopefully at least one of the two orders goes through. i could always cancel if i feel like they are both going to come through. i wish this was a normal release so i could go through hlj. lol. either i'm getting this thing. nothing is goign to stop me from getting this thing.

I tweeted BBTS and asked if they could guarantee their stock. They said they "do not anticipate any shortages".

TF source just has free shipping at 150, so instead of paying $100 with shipping for one at BBTS, I would rather have two for $160.

HLJ confirmed they will not be getting it.

Edited by Gakken85

I tweeted BBTS and asked if they could guarantee their stock. They said they "do not anticipate any shortages".

TF source just has free shipping at 150, so instead of paying $100 with shipping for one at BBTS, I would rather have two for $160.

HLJ confirmed they will not be getting it.

bbts will not be $20 for shipping, plus already have POL going with them susually for one thing or another. the average cost per item to ship something from them for me (with my POLs) is about $4-5 at most. that being said, i've also preordered at a place that offers free shipping (bbts is basically my "reliable" backup) and isn't known for causing people to sign up for credit monitoring... TFS is truly a last resort for me due to their history (multiple instances) of issues with people CC and personal info

My shipping quote for Bluestreak at BBTS is $7 for UPS.

BBTS also recently implemented some cheaper shipping options. They now offer the FedEx Smartpost thing too, which starts at 4.75.

Anyone else remember the days when BBTS started up? They gained popularity because they had a flat rate of $5 for shipping no matter what you ordered or how many. They still had that policy back when Brave Max was released so I got to enjoy spending only $5 to ship that behemoth. :D

Every time I have a Transformers Masterpiece in my hands I realize that Takara Tomy is not Bandai of Japan. And it is expected because they don't charge the same prices. MP Ultra Magnus and Star Saber where ¥ 18k where SoC Gaigaigar was ¥ 30k.

I have to say I would gladly payed ¥ 5k more for a more refined Ultra Magnus and if I remember the designer of Star Saber said that he wanted to create a toy that can be played with. So the lack of paint apps means less opportunities for scratching paint.

I also think someone at Takara thinks that they design Masterpiece toys that are meant to be bought for children and not 30+ year old western collectors. :p