The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

It's always cool to hear about enabling spouses, or better yet, spouses who are equally into nerdware. My wife isn't into any of my hobbies, except a little LEGO and anime, but she always talks me into buying something when I'm contemplating buying it at the store. She's a keeper.

Having not seen either Arcee or Chromia anywhere, and fearing I was going to lose the chance to get them at even close to retail, I got both from BBTS for about $37, incl S&H. Money well spent. Both are excellent figs, and fortunately, my Arcee is the open hand version, which looks better IMO. The only drawback to that is that the grips on both of her guns are pretty long and sit well high b/c of a lip of plastic along the inside bottom of her hand. I could sand it away so the guns sit normally, but I'm afraid it would weaken the hand to the point where it may crack over time. The alt modes of both are great. Love Chromia's Tron-ish Cybertronian bike mode...great extensive retool of Prime Arcee, also a good fig IMO. This is high praise, as I generally disdain Cybertronian alt modes.

Arcee's car mode looks spot on, and both of her guns can be stored in her alt mode, a practice I wish they'd continue on all TF toys. After nearly 30 years of waiting for an official G1 Arcee, Takara did a great job; she's not perfect, but close enough for me. Highly recommend both figs.

HLJ request for Starsaber and x2 Exhausts! Then to bundle with my 0D!

Ended up costing me $200 shipped for all 4, as I had about $60 bucks in my paypal account. Shipping was $50 bucks.

So about $25 for the 2 big guys and the exhausts ride for free.

V.. vv.. viiiiiiiiiictorrry

victorysaber1.gif

Edited by Gakken85

Nice! Got the email from hlj about my Exhaust and the Japan release of warrior class RID Grimlock. Now to ship it all with Playstation Prime and I got a box of weirdass Transformers on the way :p

Peg thinks that if he just paints a little more kanji on himself then someday he will be as cool as his big cousin Star Saber.

To be fair, Peg thinks more kanji makes ANYTHING cooler. He's been telling Space Brick to get some kanji paint apps for YEARS.

To be fair, Peg thinks more kanji makes ANYTHING cooler. He's been telling Space Brick to get some kanji paint apps for YEARS.

Now that I think of it, if Star Saber is SOOOOOO Japanese that he won a Japanese poll for Japanese fans in Japan because he's a favorite Japanese robot from a Japanese cartoon then why doesn't he have kanji all over him? He really needs to take some advice from Peg on what it means to truly look Japanese in today's world.

Guest davidwhangchoi

so just five or six got star saber? kinda curious may have to dig up the third dvd set and watch the show now... i couldn't get past two episodes.

so just five or six got star saber? kinda curious may have to dig up the third dvd set and watch the show now... i couldn't get past two episodes.

Bought the three Japanese sets when they were released. By the time I got to victory I had to force myself to watch it...cause I paid money for the set. Basically I think of them as "these aren't the Autobots you're looking for."

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'd just skip around haha.

I couldn't watch season 3 and 4 of the American show either.

I'd stopped watching as a kid at that point too.

my initial impressions is that they're just using swords and axes rather than blasters.

you coulsn't watch season 3 and 4? i didn't like it as much as 1+2 but i watched it a million times. g1 is awesome.

Nah... their are some cool episodes and stretches. Like the predacons and such...Def. some episodes everybody should see... but a lot of the alien stuff bores me, and I don't like Hot Rod, or Ultra Magnus much. I skipped around.

While I enjoy all of Victory, I'd say one could jump in at the half-way point and not miss much. In fact, episode 20 is a 'refresher' episode where they just show the important things that have happened up to that point and give a run-down on the characters and who they are. Start there, then watch episode 19 because that's the first one where Star Saber actually gets his butt handed to him (along with Ginrai/Powermaster Prime) and then finish the series from there. Or start with 19 and then 20 will help you figure out who everyone is and what just happened.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think i'll try that. ideally, i wanted to watch from the beginning to try and get an attachment to the characters.,it's really a mind numbing experience.

Wow. Looked up the prices of Exhaust. He's selling for $150 bucks on fleabay. Considering he was $40ish dollars on HLJ, that's a hell of a profit.

I guess having so many of the US stores like BBTS cut from being able to sell it drove up the price. You all know there were some problems with this release but basically, Phillip Morris must comply with U. S. laws that restrict adult oriented products from advertising to kids.

I wonder if it will continue to rise in price, or if US stores will find a way to sell their stocks, or if they won't print the mold again with all the trouble surrounding it.

Also, Bee is back up at HLJ.

And Jungle has a Eva Prime for 48,000 yen.

Edited by Gakken85