The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Apparently Starsaberrrrruuu's Bio in English is going to be based on the IDW comic and not the Japanese cartoon.

I dig it for the diversity factor.

daisaber.png?w=500&h=192

sounds like a horrible idea. dilution of mp line... i mean why make it look exactly like the japanese g1 and then give it a mismatched bio. meh. doens' tmatter to me i guess...skipping clown bot

sounds like a horrible idea. dilution of mp line... i mean why make it look exactly like the japanese g1 and then give it a mismatched bio. meh. doens' tmatter to me i guess...skipping clown bot

Because Hasbro/Hasbro Asia may want to sell it (I'm hearing Australia is all but a sure thing), but non-Japanese fans are probably less familiar with Transformers Victory than they are IDW's comics, I'd assume.

Yeah, I agree, seems like an interesting move.

What little I've read of Star Saber make him sound really, really boring. But that comic personification seems at least interesting. If it wasn't for his amateurish alt mode, I might even consider him...his robot mode is pretty cool, horrible coloring aside.

Those Gobots are looking pretty good. At the least, I'd like to get Leader-1, Turbo, Cy-Kill, and the SR-71 guy (don't remember his name). What, no Crasher? Scooter I can live without, but Crasher would be cool. I'd also love a Road Ranger fig that becomes a full tractor trailer like the original.

If you mean a VF-1 based Jetfire, then our old pals at Harmony Gold would put the brakes on that. Personally, I think they struck an excellent compromise on the new Leader Class Jetfire: his bot mode looks as close to Skyfire as we'll probably ever see, and his jet mode resembles an F-22, giving him a nice modern alt mode. If I have any complaint, it's that they didn't make his gun peg in under the jet anywhere except the nose, which looks atrocious. I wish they'd put a peg hole on the interior of the FAST Packs so the gun could sit between them in fighter. I also wish they'd made his main gear extend and retract, as they look like crap in bot mode with the leg packs removed. Overall though, he's a solid figure with an easy transformation and looks great in both modes. He resides on my coffee table, and I can't help looking at him or messing with him during commercials. One of the most fun figs I've bought in a long time. I got the Takara version for the additional paint apps. No regrets.

It'd be great if Hasbro could get the rights to market the new Gobot/Machine Robo figs. I'd buy quite a few, if they were similarly priced as their TF counterparts. Looking at them a little more closely and comparing to pics of the originals, they did a nice job of preserving the original transformation schemes for most while giving them a much needed modern makeover. Very cool.

For me, Star Saber is a perfect representation of why I lost interest in Transformers as a child. There is no nostalgia in this figure for me. I never watched victory, or read any of the comics, so he is an easy pass to me. I'm sure there are plenty of people that watched victory, at that impressionable age, that will be all over this release.

I never knew Starsaber existed. I think it is cool they made him an MP. I hope you guys enjoy him, please post pictures when you get him. I will save up for Irohide and Tracks...

I am on the same boat. I think I stopped watching Transformers after the rebirth series in the USA. If someone show me starsaber, I wouldn't even know he is a transformers.

Amazing photo, dapro. Well done!

Thanks!

For me, Star Saber is a perfect representation of why I lost interest in Transformers as a child. There is no nostalgia in this figure for me. I never watched victory, or read any of the comics, so he is an easy pass to me. I'm sure there are plenty of people that watched victory, at that impressionable age, that will be all over this release.

For me it was Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus and Season 3 that killed the show for me. haha. All the goofy futuristic designs and reptile aliens.

Everybody has things they don't like about past franchises I guess.

It's not so much about nostalgia as completionist nostalgia. Nobody was really a collector as a kid, they were just playing with their toys. Plus, I think it's a great design if you're a macross fan. It has that gundam by way of Mospeada design. Not to mention the gimmicks are so spot on.

Ha, The futuristic/animal/reptile stuff did let me down too. While some futuristic stuff grew on me, most of that goofiness didn't.

Cars, planes, and motorcycles for me please. I'm a sucker for any of those. Just me....

BTW, the f-15/su27 (from gobots) looks pretty awesome. I'm confused about its origin (is it Bandai? ), but I know I want it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I am on the same boat. I think I stopped watching Transformers after the rebirth series in the USA. If someone show me starsaber, I wouldn't even know he is a transformers.

Thanks!

same. if they released anything jyp like the trainbots, i wouldn't know what it is unless it said transformers on the box. but i'll enjoy it through others.

Thanks JBO!

I like that f15/su27 a lot, but i never really watched gobots. I always appreciate good design/engineering regardless of its branding.

oh and BTW, I do enjoy watching video reviews of all those quirky transformers. I know lots of people love the beastwars and other transformers variations. Cool stuff.

Grabbed combiner wars wave one to form Superion. Gotta say, it looks MUCH better in person... even with the odd Alpha-Bravo and Dragstrip forming limbs. He's a little bit taller than Predaking, but nowhere near as bulky (or heavy!) I think I'll be getting the rest of the Stunticons and Aerialbot in wave 2.